Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have an August, September, and November reservation and are AP holders . I haven't received any email, should I be worried that I won't get a reservation date to enter the park before more tickets are sold?

No you shouldn’t be worried about it at this point. Emails only just started going out. It’s going to take a minute to get to everyone.

The cancellation email people are getting... it doesn't include a link to re-book or anything, right? So whether you DID or DID NOT get the email, you really have nothing that others don't yet have, except acknowledgment by Disney, that you are being cancelled? And a note that says you'll somehow be given priority over those that don't have current reservations?
Still no info on HOW and WHEN you will be able to re-book, right?

Is my understamding correct?

We have July 5-11 trip scheduled (Original QS Free Dining promo, upgraded to DDP with FP+ and ADRs made), and I have yet to see an email. I keep checking my email and the website to see if anything allows me to re-book.
Same boat here. We were July 5-17 with the free dining. I think, if we can get the 35% discount that was discussed, we are going to try to rebook for July 11-23.

In other news - apparently Disney quietly changed their mask policy so now all guests over the age of 2 must wear one, not age 3.View attachment 497738
This may be our deal breaker, my 6 year old fine, but newly 2 year old isn’t going to wear a mask for long plus I don’t thinks it’s safe for her to wear one either.

Before I get roasted for saying it’s not safe, mask guidelines say 2 or over and being able to know when the mask is making it hard to breath, or when it’s causing issues. My 2 year old cannot do that.

LOL my tickets that had Jun 19-27 and June 19-26 dates are all goofed up

Some now have September 27th end dates and others have June 28th end dates.

Now all 8 of my tickets have a September 26th 2021 end date!

Also I received 2 emails...one "regarding your Disney reservation" (ADRs) the other "regarding your Disney vacation" (FP+s)

Am I the only one who’s ok with no FP’s or ADR’s? It sounds like we won’t need the fastpasses so as long as it doesn’t end up meaning that I have to wait 2 hours for everything, I’m cool with old school Disney. With the limited park hours, the only ADR I’d want is Oga’s and I’ve never needed one to get in there anyway (and possibly Skipper Canteen but ditto). If the park closes at 7pm I’ll just get food after once I’m back at the resort or in Disney Springs. If anything this gives me the chance to spend some time there when I’m not coming off of 15 hours in a theme park, haha. It’ll be different, but I don’t necessarily see this change as a bad thing.

Now if ROTR doesn’t open, that may change my mind. Everybody has a deal breaker & that’s mine.

The no ADR/FP doesn't bother me since we rarely do sit down anyway or make many fastpasses since we go ofter. The mask rule is literally the deal breaker that is keeping us from going at all. If no masks we would go for a couple1 night dvc stays, probably wouldn't do our normal 3-4 nights anytime soon, or till more things are back.

Am I the only one who’s ok with no FP’s or ADR’s? It sounds like we won’t need the fastpasses so as long as it doesn’t end up meaning that I have to wait 2 hours for everything, I’m cool with old school Disney. With the limited park hours, the only ADR I’d want is Oga’s and I’ve never needed one to get in there anyway (and possibly Skipper Canteen but ditto). If the park closes at 7pm I’ll just get food after once I’m back at the resort or in Disney Springs. If anything this gives me the chance to spend some time there when I’m not coming off of 15 hours in a theme park, haha. It’ll be different, but I don’t necessarily see this change as a bad thing.

Now if ROTR doesn’t open, that may change my mind. Everybody has a deal breaker & that’s mine.
I'm good with it.
Just wish it was before I finally managed after two months of checking to get the ADRs haha
Disney has transformed the way we travel. We're winging it people so it's a matter of readjusting (again).

I posted this on another thread but we went on a Saturday to the MK in 2017, bought tickets that day and went. Boy that was an eye-opener, lol. We spent all day in lines. Didn't know there was a such thing as ADRs and FP+ (it had been a while).

This may be our deal breaker, my 6 year old fine, but newly 2 year old isn’t going to wear a mask for long plus I don’t thinks it’s safe for her to wear one either.

Before I get roasted for saying it’s not safe, mask guidelines say 2 or over and being able to know when the mask is making it hard to breath, or when it’s causing issues. My 2 year old cannot do that.

I don't know any 2 year old who would, my youngest will be 2 next month.At they don't have the reasoning skills either, or the power of bribery doesn't work yet....lol

We have an August, September, and November reservation and are AP holders . I haven't received any email, should I be worried that I won't get a reservation date to enter the park before more tickets are sold?
I’m especially worried because we are counting on the AP extension they said they’d do, and now I’m wondering if they might go back on that. My AP expired May 10 - I had a trip booked for the end of March & the first 9 days of May. If all was Norma I would’ve renewed. I haven’t yet because I don’t want to pay over $1100 for an extremely limited experience.....but now I’m worried they’ll just cancel all APs who thought their passes would have the expiration date extended. Has anyone seen this happen in MDE yet? I’ve asked about it a few times since March and the CM’s didn’t know anything. :/

It doesn't sound horrible.

We don't spend entire days in the park, but I would prefer to be able to leave and come back. Ten hours is not sufficient time to build in a decent break. Also, my fear is the resorts will be more intolerable in the evening as EVERYONE will be back before bed time and there will be reduced capacity for activities such as the pool.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. So all reservations (I'm booked under the fd bounceback offer for 9/12-9/19) are completely getting canceled?

Same thought here! We were booked on the DDP, but we're still planning on going down. Once we have a 100% clear picture of what the parks will look like, then we'll make the decision. We'll be Disney's guinea pigs for a while.

But we are also AP's and go multiple times a year. If someone had a "once in a lifetime" trip planned, I'd be mad and annoyed and frustrated with Disney's behavior. I get it.

I'm not sure if I'm reading it right. So all reservations (I'm booked under the fd bounceback offer for 9/12-9/19) are completely getting canceled?

FP and ADR reservations, and dining portions. They haven’t said anything about cancelling hotel stays.

Same. I am 100% pro mask but I am not sure my 2YO will be able to adapt. My 3 year old can do it, but we’ve just not brought our 2 year old into a building that isn’t out house in 10 weeks.

Thankfully I have 4 months to try to train him.

No. All ADRs, FP+, and experience reservations (BBB, tours, etc...) are canceled. All DDPs are also cancelled. Any remaining parts of your package (hotel, tickets) remain. There’s still no word on the future of hotel reservations and park tickets.

I'm good with it.
Just wish it was before I finally managed after two months of checking to get the ADRs haha
Disney has transformed the way we travel. We're winging it people so it's a matter of readjusting (again).

I posted this on another thread but we went on a Saturday to the MK in 2017, bought tickets that day and went. Boy that was an eye-opener, lol. We spent all day in lines. Didn't know there was a such thing as ADRs and FP+ (it had been a while).
That’s true, when they exist you have to be prepared to wing it (and know how) or be unhappy. The first time I took my then-boyfriend now-husband, he fought me everything step of the way on making dining reservations & stuff. I am 100% fine with surviving on turkey legs, pickles, and coffee, but I learned that trip that he’s the kind of person who’s like “I want to sit down and enjoy my meal”. I’ll never forget us being in MK at 8pm on a Saturday and he’s angry, hungry, and refusing to eat QS. He learned that trip. 🤣

I’m especially worried because we are counting on the AP extension they said they’d do, and now I’m wondering if they might go back on that. My AP expired May 10 - I had a trip booked for the end of March & the first 9 days of May. If all was Norma I would’ve renewed. I haven’t yet because I don’t want to pay over $1100 for an extremely limited experience.....but now I’m worried they’ll just cancel all APs who thought their passes would have the expiration date extended. Has anyone seen this happen in MDE yet? I’ve asked about it a few times since March and the CM’s didn’t know anything. :/

Someone - maybe Remy? I don’t remember - said all APs are frozen and the expectation is they will be frozen while things are limited. Nothing official has been announced yet, though.

:hug:

I'm good with it.

I'll be ok once I find out if my wife and I can get into all 4 parks with the 5 day passes we have for July.

Same thought here! We were booked on the DDP, but we're still planning on going down. Once we have a 100% clear picture of what the parks will look like, then we'll make the decision. We'll be Disney's guinea pigs for a while.

But we are also AP's and go multiple times a year. If someone had a "once in a lifetime" trip planned, I'd be mad and annoyed and frustrated with Disney's behavior. I get it.
That makes sense, and I agree. I feel like they’re actively trying to discourage the “once in a lifetime” trips by making them almost impossible. AP’s and locals will roll with these changes - the family who’s been saving for 2 years to go for the first time will likely not want to go with the parks like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter