Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow so we probaly lucked out originally only had a 4 day ticket and a 7 night stay updated only a few mins before they took the system off line

They may need ideas. For all we know, park admittance may end up only including taking a walk around Cinderella's castle. lol
Mini golf will now be considered MK admittance. Your favorite characters will do a helicopter flyover while you hit the these world famous links to add that Disney Magic you just can’t live without.

Last edited:
First time poster, professional lurker! The email I just received is also missing the sentence regarding any priority access to the new park reservation system

"In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.
Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining and experience reservations you may have made."

We have a (cash) package booked, 9/7-9/13, at FQ with 5 day tickets and (since removed) ADRs. Have been totally prepared to go even with the restrictions and limitations...but now starting to worry our whole reservation might be getting the boot by Disney soon even despite having tickets and staying on-site 😳

Ok, sorry if there's any redundancy to what others have posted, but this thread just moves to fast to keep up with since even this morning. So, for comparison purposes, we have a Free Dining Bounceback reservation for 8/22-8/29 at Beach Club with ADRs throughout the week. Last week I also made a room-only reservation for the same timeframe at Yacht Club, since I was worried about whether we'd even want the dining plan depending on upcoming announcements (really happy I didn't wait to do that). We also have Annual Passes that are supposed to expire 8/11, but will be extended. (At the time we booked the Bounceback, we planned on using the ticket portion to renew the APs). So, we have two reservations, one of which is a package with tickets and DDP, and another that's room only, but we also have active APs.

My wife received two emails last night and overnight, one at 11:14 p.m., one at 1:13 a.m. The first was just about there being a theme park reservation system and that our dining reservations and experiences (no experiences booked) would be canceled and we'd get first opportunity to rebook dining and experiences. Nothing about timeframe, early access to park reservations, etc. The second email had similar but more info, adding that FP+ would be canceled and it also had the sentence about access to theme park reservation system before new tickets are sold.

Fast forward to this evening, and I still had not received an email, even though I had done the bookings and about half of the dining reservations (we usually split it up). I received my first email tonight at 9:24, which appears to reference our BB Dining package. It is stating our Dining Plan is being canceled, but a 35% discount on the room portion of the package is being applied to our reservation. I'm screenshot-ting the email in case it hasn't been seen or reported yet.

First time poster, professional lurker! The email I just received is also missing the sentence regarding any priority access to the new park reservation system

"In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system.
Unfortunately, these new measures have also required us to cancel any dining and experience reservations you may have made."

We have a (cash) package booked, 9/7-9/13, at FQ with 5 day tickets and (since removed) ADRs. Have been totally prepared to go even with the restrictions and limitations...but now starting to worry our whole reservation might be getting the boot by Disney soon even despite having tickets and staying on-site 😳

Sounds like we got the same email...my ADRs still showing up though, strangely. I'm hoping if we have already have tickets for our stays, we're ok. 🤞

Unfortunately it seems like everyone with a reservation at any time in the next year, has a ticket, an AP, or maybe even just has a MDE account, got that first in line email. No official word yet on who truly is first in line.
That’s okay. I’ll just keep continuing to roll with it. At the end of the day, if a DVC point stay + AP doesn’t score us park access, then I don’t know what will.

I have the same email missing the sentence. We have sun and fun package with 7 day tickets. 7/11-18 at CBR. Not sure why we all are missing that sentence and why some emails are different.

I have the same email missing the sentence. We have sun and fun package with 7 day tickets. 7/11-18 at CBR. Not sure why we all are missing that sentence and why some emails are different.
From the posting above it looks like we might get a second email that is more specific? 🤷‍♀️

So, looking at My Plans on MDE: not sure if it's any indication of anything, and I honestly can't remember how it's supposed to look, but for our room only reservation for August at Yacht Club, there's no option to make a payment nor a balance. For our Package reservation (Free Dining Bounceback) for the same week at Beach Club the option to make a payment is still there and it shows my balance. (I made a backup reservation of room only last week - only because I was thinking that we should have another option in case a dining plan would end up not being worth it once they announced reopening, etc. - go figure.) It still shows the total price though - no discount applied yet.

I have never been able to make a payment online for room only. I always call and do it through thee automated prompts.
My room only does not show a balance or a way to make a payment. You have already made a deposit and you will be charged the balance when you check in. I never make payments on room only reservations.
Well - answers that then. Digging too deep, huh? I realize thinking about it now that we haven't had a room only reservation in two years, so that's part of my problem (last stay was DVC, Free Dining package the time before). I'm also in the camp that thinks Yacht Club is one of the hotels most likely on the chopping block as one of the ones not reopening, at least at the beginnin, so that's factoring in. I've been avoiding the paranoia rabbit hole, but I guess it got me tonight.

Can any TAs confirm whether or not the mass of emails going out actually mean anything in terms of who got what and whether they signify anything, really? People who should be eligible haven't gotten emails. People who don't qualify have gotten emails. They literally seem to have no rhyme or reason to their email blasting, and this is going to be a gigantic mess (even moreso) if the wrong people are given access and the right people aren't.

Well - answers that then. Digging too deep, huh? I realize thinking about it now that we haven't had a room only reservation in two years, so that's part of my problem (last stay was DVC, Free Dining package the time before).
You can call and make payments on room only. I do it. It is automated and ask you for reservation number.

Can any TAs confirm whether or not the mass of emails going out actually mean anything in terms of who got what and whether they signify anything, really? People who should be eligible haven't gotten emails. People who don't qualify have gotten emails. They literally seem to have no rhyme or reason to their email blasting, and this is going to be a gigantic mess (even moreso) if the wrong people are given access and the right people aren't.
I received a generic TA email that was exactly what Disney's public site said. I have not received any information about any of my Disney bookings specifically. I don't see a rhyme or reason of who is getting what emails but I'm sure Disney sees one.

I have and had 5 hotel reservations from March-August, have an AP, had Dining plans/ADR/FP and I have not gotten any emails for the last 8 days at all.😕
Same here. 2 reservations, AP, dated tix, ADRs & FPs & no emails. FPs are gone off mde now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter