Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably cause of less kids will be in the parks. For me the gist I got from that regardless of dates mentioned is that Disney wasn't planning on opening this soon.
Exactly.

With cancelations progressing every week and Disney’s guest relations blog post today it shows they weren’t planning for early June or possibly even mid June and I think some people need to understand that. Obviously that could also now change with universal pushing forward.

Yeah, that really doesn’t jive. I trust that Pete had sources telling him that June 1 was the date. I don’t see why he would lie about that and I trust that he has sources in a position to know that information.
Yes but, I don’t think Disney has a “hard” date at that point either. I think that was something misinformed in the game of telephone.

Well that’s something 😬. I am skeptical with that August 31st business though, so I’m side eyeing the whole thing because of that.

That is a huge jump from June 1st, and I think we can say pretty confidently that was the plan for quite some time.

They likely have had multiple plans (and may still do). August 31st could have been a worst case scenario.

I acknowledge that it’s only a rumour, a rumour with some questionable points at that, but I’m still irrationally annoyed at the prospect of Disney being willing to put safety over money (to an extent) and then Universal screwing that up.

The conveniently timed leak is working it’s magic on me 😂.

1) Ask CM’s how many of them are actually getting their unemployment 2) Disney has already given indications they’ll submit plans next week so I would assume they didn’t just decide to create some yesterday. 3) Universal doesn’t seem to have qualms about masks 4) If he can’t figure out why Typhoon Lagoon, I can. It’s by far the more popular water park

All in all, I say meh...another opinion pushed off as insider info.#teamsven/Finn

To add this is rumor. Some of it does make sense and could very well be true. Another source replied and said that the firework issue isn’t much of an issue and that the August 31st date isn’t correct.

I definitely think Disney wanted to open later than they might now due to Universal pushing forward.

The one poster who replied to WDWPro said last he heard it was right after July 4th weekend, and he still believe that was the case. July 4th is a Saturday, so they could easily open up that Sunday or Monday after.

I acknowledge that it’s only a rumour, a rumour with some questionable points at that, but I’m still irrationally annoyed at the prospect of Disney being willing to put safety over money (to an extent) and then Universal screwing that up.

The conveniently timed leak is working it’s magic on me 😂.
If it were true, it sure makes Universal look bad for ignoring all those concerns just to get the jump on Disney.

The one poster who replied to WDWPro said last he heard it was right after July 4th weekend, and he still believe that was the case. July 4th is a Saturday, so they could easily open up that Sunday or Monday after.

Hey one of our own keeps betting on that date, can’t remember who our July 6th supporter is though.

If that rumor is true, Universal is going to cash in. :)
I don’t think people are jumping at the chance to travel to Universal June 5th though either. You will certainly get locals and bloggers but that doesn’t mean the vacationer is coming in day one. Universal still hasn’t announced anything for their hotels. It’s going to take them a few weeks to cash in at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!