Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masses: A DISNEY TRIP IS TOO MUCH PLANNING AND TOO MUCH WORK!!

Disney: Hmm ok. *Removes FP, ADRs, and possibly hotel reservations* There! Is that better? :goodvibes

Masses: OH MY GOD!! Not like that!!!:scared1:

The planning sucks but when you get there and the planning works out, and you have your ADR, and you don’t wait on long lines cause you have fast passes... it becomes the best feeling in the world worth every minute.

Ugh I love it.

It’s a pandemic man. It’s not like they’re making these changes because they wanted to.
Yeah but if you are going to open up...Just do it. What's going to happen if everyone gets angry and then Di
The governor hasn't approved Disney's proposal yet, which is counter to what he did for Universal (next to immediate). I'm beginning to wonder if he should even approve Disney on this one.
If I was him, I would not approve Disney's plan because they are making it more complex and less safer...Now more people can plan...Whereas if they just opened when Universal does there would be a trickling in versus a stampede

Oh they definitely didn’t want to. They don’t want to be open at all. Darn that DVC and their contracts and super darn Universal for actually opening.

They could’ve happily stayed closed for months and just drag in the cash off the NBA. Now they have to deal with pesky guests wanting something even resembling what they paid for. Ungrateful they are!

I disagree. In fact, I believe Disney opened the earliest they thought was feasible.

The governor hasn't approved Disney's proposal yet, which is counter to what he did for Universal (next to immediate). I'm beginning to wonder if he should even approve Disney on this one. There's enough gotchas here I think it's poor form (for Disney), and they should go back to the drawing board.
I am pretty sure the governor is not really looking at whether people’s prebooked fast passes and dining reservations will be honored as part of his approval process. He only cares about the appearance of safety.

Does anyone know the significance of the September 26, 2021 date? Like, why until that day? Why not extend no DDP for example through the end of 2021, if you want to cover your bases?

The planning sucks but when you get there and the planning works out, and you have your ADR, and you don’t wait on long lines cause you have fast passes... it becomes the best feeling in the world worth every minute.

Ugh I love it.

I feel like we’re at a Disney planning support group but I am here for it. 😅

I’m totally with you on the planning love.

Oh they definitely didn’t want to. They don’t want to be open at all. Darn that DVC and their contracts and super darn Universal for actually opening.

They could’ve happily stayed closed for months and just drag in the cash off the NBA. Now they have to deal with pesky guests wanting something even resembling what they paid for. Ungrateful they are!
They aren’t going to make enough cash from the NBA to float them for months. Not even close.

DDPs are cancelled through the end of the year. No word on special events like MNSSHP or F&W. Disney considers these “special events,” not “experiences,” so these shouldn’t fall under this announcement.

I could be wrong, but I suspect they'll attempt to do some variation of F&W this year. Festivals are currently Epcot's biggest draw, by far.

DDPs are cancelled through the end of the year. No word on special events like MNSSHP or F&W. Disney considers these “special events,” not “experiences,” so these shouldn’t fall under this announcement.

My poor heart! I am sleepy so I thought it was just free dining, not all. Sleepy reading comprehension.

Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter