Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning from the poly....I wanted to add a few comments after a day at UO, MK, and AK (Heading back to MK in a few)
We are from PA. Myself and 10 year old Daughter. Masks have not been an issue. She is using the disney one, as well as the blue one that Tom Bricker likes. I use the Adidas one and disposables. The others I have are standard cloth and not good. I highly recommend the adidas or perhaps another sporting one- they are using athletic type material that works very well in the heat.

We still did 7DMT first, but then no order which was very refreshing- just ride what we want.
when we got in line for Splash- it said 30 minutes. 5-10 minutes into the line- the announced they were shutting it for the cleaning cycle. LIne started moving about 10-15 later and we were on 5 after. I think they had the cleaning time built into the wait that was listed. It took us 28 minutes from when we walked in, to get on- including the shut. That was by far our longest wait.

We normally skip the spinners, because they tend to be 30 minute waits or more and we'd rather wait for Pirates or Pan etc....so for the first time in over a decade- we rode Dumbo and Carpets, and walked right on both. It was very nice, and added some classic old disney to the trip.

It's a 6 minute slow walk from the Entrance of FOP to the pre-show room. Crazy that I can say that. AK was wonderful not having to run....

We had never been to the dark side- bought AP's a week ago, and came down (from PA) a day early- staying at the border. Hit UO at 10:30.
We did a few rides in UO, then all the HP stuff and lunch. Took the train to IOA, and walked on Hagrids in 8 minutes. Wow. Amazing ride.
Did the rest of HP, and 3 more rides and left at 3:30. That is probably once in a lifetime. We will hit some more stuff on our Epcot mornings later this week.

Poly for the first time- has been very nice. We usually do SS or AKL- because we love hopping the boat to DS from SS. However- we are skipping DS this trip with everything that has been said. We have done the main pool here in the afternoon for an hour a few times around 4. Very well spaced, thin crowd and no wait for slide.....it really has been wonderful, and as many have said- you feel safer then at the grocery store.

One more night here- then we had to BW for 4 and AKL for 3.......

No company is above selling their souls for money. If they were desperate, theyd try. They’d figure out an ad campaign to bring in guests, but not sound ignorant about what’s going on.

I think it’s just as simple don’t think they want to throw big money at an ad spend right now, given the current climate.

They surely have projected what the potential return would be if they did a big ad spend right now. I suspect it may not be that much, not worth a big ad spend. Wait until numbers turn around a bit, the general public is a little more comfortable/confident traveling and go all out. It’s just not time yet.

Last edited:

headed to Sea World this evening to check out their Electric Ocean Remix event, currently SW is he only park offering fireworks to end the night, should be interesting
If you're there early enough check out the Sea Lion show. It's the only show they switched over.

I think it’s just as simple don’t think they want to throw big money at an ad spend right now, given the current climate.

They surely have projected what the potential return would be if they did a big ad spend right now. I suspect it may not be that much, not worth a big ad spend. Wait until numbers turn around a bit, the general public is a little more comfortable/confident traveling and go all out. It’s just not time yet.

That’s kind of what I mean though. They’re not at the level of desperation to even try to coax people to come down with an advertisement. I dont know how much it would cost them between making the commercial, and airing it, but I would assume if they were to air it during the NBA games on ESPN/ABC that it wouldn’t cost as much to air as it would on other networks.

You gotta remember that the general public doesn’t see park updates, low wait times, policies and enforcement the way hardcore Disney fans do. I know people that are under the assumption that its business as usual at Disney just with masks, no fireworks, no parades. A lot of “I’m not waiting 3 hours for the avatar ride in a mask with that heat”. Not many people know these lines are as short as you’ll ever see them.

So even if they were to convince 100 cash paying families to come down and visit that it would probably be worth it to air the advertisements, depending on how much it costs them.

But I’m not paid to make these decisions, and I’m sure all options are on the table. But I can say with almost certainty that airing advertisements has nothing to do with public perception

But HEPA or ULPA filters are not quantified to eliminate/neutralize COVID-19 right? I thought the company that Virgin Cruises employed advertised 99+% of effectiveness for COVID-19 neutralization? Do you have other data to support HEPA can have the same effectiveness?
DH and I were discussing, tonight, whether we'd feel safe enough at Disney Springs on our non-park Central Florida trip in 10 days to pop into any of the stores. We were watching Tim Tracker's vlog about DS at the time and then saw the line of people pouring into WoD. Not sure we are comfortable with that...but it is my birthday trip...DH said "I'm gonna have to run into the store and grab you a baby Yoda like PeeWee Herman rescued the snakes from the pet store aren't I?"

DTVL.gif
Just go during the week during the day.

They didn't for a chunk of the day, but they have been higher than they were the first couple of weeks. I think people go first thing in the day, do everything they wanted to do, get tired of being hot with a mask on, and leave (not everyone, but a good number of people). Makes for longer waits early in the day and then thinning crowds later, especially at DHS. It has gotten busier lately, as some people have commented, but I wouldn't really say it's busy in the old sense.
One thing that a lot of people aren't realizing, is that a majority of those comments about increasing crowds occurred around the time when local passholders were able to return to the parks for the first time since March. I'm not confident that that rush is going to continue forever..

One thing that a lot of people aren't realizing, is that a majority of those comments about increasing crowds occurred around the time when local passholders were able to return to the parks for the first time since March. I'm not confident that that rush is going to continue forever..

Looking at the AP calendar, there are a lot of greyed out days already in August, and all the other ones, majority of them only have Epcot left (there's a few in there that can still book MK or AK)

Aww, if this is true, glad we got to see it one last time in February. Even then, it was hard not to notice that the production was looking dated. It had been basically unchanged for what, about 25 years? I remember my daughter loved it when she was 5. Now she’s 30. And Ariel now has another attraction of her own over at MK, so she’s still well represented in the parks.

Hopefully the show will eventually be replaced with something fresh that will resonate with a new generation of children.

That’s kind of what I mean though. They’re not at the level of desperation to even try to coax people to come down with an advertisement. I dont know how much it would cost them between making the commercial, and airing it, but I would assume if they were to air it during the NBA games on ESPN/ABC that it wouldn’t cost as much to air as it would on other networks.

You gotta remember that the general public doesn’t see park updates, low wait times, policies and enforcement the way hardcore Disney fans do. I know people that are under the assumption that its business as usual at Disney just with masks, no fireworks, no parades. A lot of “I’m not waiting 3 hours for the avatar ride in a mask with that heat”. Not many people know these lines are as short as you’ll ever see them.

So even if they were to convince 100 cash paying families to come down and visit that it would probably be worth it to air the advertisements, depending on how much it costs them.

But I’m not paid to make these decisions, and I’m sure all options are on the table. But I can say with almost certainty that airing advertisements has nothing to do with public perception
No. It would not be worth it and has nothing to do with perception. Why do people not understand that people just aren’t going to fill airplanes right now or jam into hotels or spend that kind of money.

No. It would not be worth it and has nothing to do with perception. Why do people not understand that people just aren’t going to fill airplanes right now or jam into hotels or spend that kind of money.

So the hotels at Disney and the parks are filled with only locals and people that drove down to Disney? If the answer is “No” then your comment is false. Disney wouldn’t be looking to “jam pack” the hotels and/or parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!