• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise/Baseball in CA questions

bbangel

My friends call me the font of useless knowledge
The baseball schedule is out fo next year and when I looked at the dates that work around our cruise we are in LA and San Fran when there are games. We really want to go to a game in each city (we are huge baseball fans!) but aren't sure about travelling to the ballpark. We usually go to the games in Anaheim when we are at DL and that is so easy!

What is the easiest way to go to a game in LA if we don't have a car? I assume we will stay somewhere in LA the night before the cruise so any suggestions for the best hotel?

For the game in SF, what is the best way to get to the ballpark from the port and about how long do you think it takes?

For the game in SF, what is the best way to get to the ballpark from the port and about how long do you think it takes?

You're going to be at the Cruise Ship Terminal at Pier 35 (or is it 33)? It looks to me like your best bet is the streetcar down the Embarcadero, but you're going to have to transfer. Take the 'F' line toward the Ferry Building, and transfer at Embarcadero station. From there, both the 'N' and the 'T' lines go directly to AT&T Park. Go south, toward Caltrain/King St/Sunnydale, and get off at King and 2nd St.

Muni's web site has a page specifically for transporation to the games. See

http://www.sfmta.com/cms/mroutes/pacbsvc.htm

They also have maps of the lines. See

http://transit.511.org/static/providers/maps/SF_1222201020237.gif

Have fun!
Bob

I say, get a cab. Unfortunately, our cruise will be too late for baseball season. The playoffs would start before then.

I say, get a cab. Unfortunately, our cruise will be too late for baseball season. The playoffs would start before then.

Yeah, I was going to say that too. Probably a very good option for getting from the cruise ship terminal to the park. Quick, and since it's only about two miles straight down the Embarcadero, probably reasonably priced.

But when the game lets out? Fuggetaboutit.

Thanks Bob! We are used to taking transit so that sounds pretty straight forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter