Cruise booking (s) on board

Wdwdonald

Earning My Ears
Good afternoon.
I am a little confused to what can and can not be done in terms of rebooking future cruises on board. I'm aware it is possible to book a future cruise on the ship with a 10% discount, on board credit etc however I have seen a mention elsewhere that the 10% discount is limited to just one future cruise. Does the same apply for on board credit?
I will be sailing within the month and have found a cruise I would like to book for early 2019 and also want to put down a placeholder ready for a summer 2019 trip once announced. Would both get the on board credit or just one?

Many thanks, from a newbie to this

I was told last week, only one cruise or placeholder will have OBB benefits. You can get 2 cabins on the same future sailing. I asked specifically if I could book a cruise with onboard credit only and a placeholder.

I was told last week, only one cruise or placeholder will have OBB benefits. You can get 2 cabins on the same future sailing. I asked specifically if I could book a cruise with onboard credit only and a placeholder.
Thank you. So a second booking as no advantages of being booked on board.

Yes, you can only book one cruise (either specific or placeholder) and get the on board booking benefits. I would try to book the one that you think would give you the best deal re: the 10% off onboard. Although we don't know 2019 summer prices yet, generally peak season is higher, so using the OBB for a placeholder for one of these may have the biggest benefit.

Aby

We are going to be on a 3/15/18 and 3/18/18 back to back and hoping the 2019 late cruise bookings open up while we are on board!!

We are going to be on a 3/15/18 and 3/18/18 back to back and hoping the 2019 late cruise bookings open up while we are on board!!
You should be able to book up to 2 staterooms during the first cruise for a single future cruise, and then book up to two more during the second cruise. The stateroom(s) books on the second cruise don't have to be for the same future cruise and the room(s) booked during the first cruise.

Bringing up an old thread to avoid starting a new one. If I put down a deposit for one cabin on a future cruise while onboard, can I also get a placeholder for a second cabin for the SAME future cruise with the same onboard benefits (ie: 10%, OBC, etc.)? The reason I am thinking about doing this is I am not sure if another family would be joining us and don't want to make another substantial deposit (vs. only $250 for a placeholder) even though it's refundable. TIA.

LAX

Bringing up an old thread to avoid starting a new one. If I put down a deposit for one cabin on a future cruise while onboard, can I also get a placeholder for a second cabin for the SAME future cruise with the same onboard benefits (ie: 10%, OBC, etc.)? The reason I am thinking about doing this is I am not sure if another family would be joining us and don't want to make another substantial deposit (vs. only $250 for a placeholder) even though it's refundable. TIA.

LAX
A placeholder is a non-specific deposit for a future cruise. If you're looking to book a specific cruise, you make a reservation for it.

Each household address may book up to two rooms (reservations) for one future cruise (the same cruise). Those two reservations will receive the onboard booking perks.

You may book additional reservations (any number of rooms) for any number of future cruises (or additional rooms/reservations for the same future cruise that's getting the OBB perks). Those reservations will not get OBB perks.

Not sure how it works if you want to make a single room reservation, if DCL will also allow you to book a placeholder.

I'm not sure they would allow the placeholder since the first booking is tied to a specific cruise date. (Ask, the worst they can tell you is you can't do it.) If you can't, can you book the second reservation in one name in the lowest available category for the cruise? (Deposit for Cat 11 may be cheaper than the category you plan to sail in.) You wouldn't be able to change that one name but you would be able to adjust the category later (and you would get the price those categories were on the day you made the onboard booking). That might save you some money in deposit if you can't do a placeholder.

You may book additional reservations (any number of rooms) for any number of future cruises (or additional rooms/reservations for the same future cruise that's getting the OBB perks). Those reservations will not get OBB perks.
I believe when we booked 3 rooms while on board, two of these got full OBB benefits, but the 3rd one only got the stateroom credit (no discount or reduced deposit)

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I'd rather not post a new thread asking the same question. So to be clear, you can only get ONE placeholder per household address? Not one per adult? :( My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I were hoping to use OBB for back to back sailings on the Dream so we could have the onboard booking benefits apply to both.

Sorry for bumping an old thread. I'd rather not post a new thread asking the same question. So to be clear, you can only get ONE placeholder per household address? Not one per adult? :( My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I were hoping to use OBB for back to back sailings on the Dream so we could have the onboard booking benefits apply to both.
Each household address can book UP TO 2 placeholders/rooms on the SAME future cruise. You cannot book one placeholder/room on one cruise and a second placeholder/room on a different cruise that both receive the onboard booking perks.

You can book both cruises while onboard, but only one of them will get the onboard booking perks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!