CRUISE CANCELLATION FEE

Hello my friends, please follow me with this thought and please help me.

I will not be able to go on the cruise I booked. I'll need to cancel it. But if I cancel it by now I will lose my deposit .... so I thought of these two alternatives, please let me know if I can do one of them.

1) Can I transfer my payment from disney cruise to any disney resorts reservation?

2) Can I transfer my payment to any new cruise in the future when I will be able to go?

1) No. They are two different systems.

2) You'd need to transfer (DO NOT SAY "Cancel") to a cruise already open for booking if it is possible without incurring a penalty. I don't know that it is. Assuming you can do that, you'd then have to transfer it again if the first one you move it to is not your honest cruise.

2) Can I transfer my payment to any new cruise in the future when I will be able to go?
I think if you are close to your cruise date and would lose your deposit for cancelling, then I think it is too late to transfer to some future cruise. If you had paid more than whatever the penalty is, I would guess that you could transfer any amount above the penalty amount to another cruise. Couldn't hurt to call DCL (or your TA) to ask.

I will not be able to go on the cruise I booked. I'll need to cancel it. But if I cancel it by now I will lose my deposit .... so I thought of these two alternatives, please let me know if I can do one of them.

1) Can I transfer my payment from disney cruise to any disney resorts reservation?

Yikes. I think I already know the answer, but you didn't buy travel insurance did you? :flower3: Good luck!

1. No, it cannot be transferred to any other Disney entity.
2. I am going on the assumption that you are beyond your paid in full date and thus any changes would actually be considered a cancellation and re book situation. If you have insurance you could file a claim and get a portion of that back to use as a future cruise credit unless it was a covered reason for cancellation (medical for instance)
Now, if you are NOT paid in full and want to transfer it to another set cruise date in the future but not beyond 24 months of when you booked the original, then you are good to go.
If you are concierge there are another set of rules on what you may or may not do with that type of booking.

Can you clarify if you are paid in full,what type of cabin, if you have insurance and date of original booking of the cruise?

Now, if you are NOT paid in full and want to transfer it to another set cruise date in the future but not beyond 24 months of when you booked the original, then you are good to go.

If the OP has not PIF yet, then the 24-month aspect only pertains if it was an OBB/placeholder. If it was a straight booking, it can be kicked as far forward as currently-released dates allow, and can be kicked further out again (and again) as many times as they wish.

However, OP - you most likely will lose your deposit (equivalent to 20% of the cruise fare regardless of how much you actually put down as deposit), and possibly more depending on how close you are to the cruise date. You can ask them to apply it to another cruise, at least the refundable portion, not likely the full amount. It cannot be transferred to a WDW parks vacation (or any other Disney entity).

Sorry your plans have changed. Good luck!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter