Cruise Next March

noahdove

Noahdove
It will be 5 years since I have cruised and now I am trying to plan a beautiful cruise for a few of my family members. So, I'm in need of advice. We will only be on a 3 night cruise, and one of the first things I need to know is what do you recommend as a place to stay the night before we sail? We will be flying and I know I will have to get transportation to the port so that is another question I have for your suggestions as to what you take to the Port or hotel. Thank you. Have a magical day. :thanks:

If you are leaving out of Port Canaveral, we’ve always enjoyed the Marriott Cocoa Beach. It has a nice pool area with refreshments and a footpath to the beach and a free shuttle to the port in the morning.

We’ve taken Cocoa Beach Shuttle service from the airport, but with more than three passengers a private cab or uber would be mor cost effective.

Bon voyage!

We like to stay at a WDW resort and take Disney Cruise bus transportation to the cruise. I enjoy the Disney bus (it includes a helpful video about the cruise). And I just find WDW resorts to be more immersive and vacation-y than the airport Hyatt that so many people stay at. We'll be at the Caribbean beach resort the night before for our cruise, and looking forward to a swim in the pirate pool in the morning before heading to the port.

Transportation:
If you want easy, you take the Disney transportation from the airport. They'll get you there and back.
You can also do a rental car, private car hire, taxi, uber/lyft. I belive there is also sometime of port shuttle that runs from the airport to Canaveral hotels.

Hotels:
Airport area: If you do Disney transport, my recommendation is either the hotel at the airport or any nearby hotel that has a shuttle service. You simply take the shuttle when you arrive to the hotel, and then back to the airport the next day for Disney transport.
Port Canaveral Area: Many offer some type of stay and cruise program where you can ride their shuttle to the port. Breakfast is also a plus.

As to where you actually want to stay, consider cost, amenities, and needs. Is being able to walk to a restaurant for dinner a benefit you care about? Would you rather catch a taxi to FishLips at port canaveral? Those criteria are things you should identify when looking for a place to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter