• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise on the Magic and a trip to WDW during Flower and Garden plus toss in SWWeekend

ness0905

Mouseketeer
So this is my First trip report but I have been a lurker an the boards for a few years. My name is Vanessa and I am a stay at home mom to two beautiful kids. My favorite park is Magic Kingdom and character is Peter Pan!

My husband of soon to be 11 years is Tim he is a carpenter and loves Disney just a little less then me lol.

Next up is my Daughter Belle she is 7 years old her favorite park is Epcot and favorite character is Duffy.

My son Tj is the last member of our party he is 4 years old and loves the Figment ride so no suprise his favorite park is Epcot.

We have been to WDW 5 times since our kids have been born and 10 more times before them. This was also our first Disney cruise as a family (twice before them). Our dates were May 9th - 17th. We did a 3 day cruise on the newly refurbished Disney Magic and then spent 5 nights at Saratoga Springs. We went to food and wine and went to the first day of Star Wars Weekends. We had a great trip and we are actually going back this September to go to MNSSHP for the first time as a family.So please join in on our adventure it is a fun ride oh did I mention we drove from Philadelphia lol!

I don't have any pics of the drive because I didn't know I was going to write a trip report so here is a quick summery. We left our house on Wednesday after basketball practice about 8 pm and hit the road. I had packed all kinds of things to entertain the kids but most would be used for the ride home which would be a day drive. Now we have driven every time we go except twice so the kids are use to it but we always drive through the night so that would be new. The kids watched movies and quickly feel asleep but we had 13 more hours ahead of us. No problems going through DC so that was good but that is also when time starts to stretch because we are now in Virginia. My husband does all the driving I have migraines and driving at night can give me one so he takes it on. We stopped a couple times to get gas and snacks and by 7 am we were stopping for breakfast at Crackle Barrel. After an hour we were back on the road. We had booked a cheap hotel about 10 miles from the ship and checked in. My aunt had joined us for the ride because she was heading to Ft. Lauderdale and she took the kids to the pool while me and hubby got about an hours nap. Food was on our minds so we went to a local BBQ place which I don;t remember the name of sorry and it was good except my chicken was to spicy. See I am the new owner of an ulcer yup and gallstones so my diet has really changed and I was a little nervous being on the cruise with all that awesome food! So not having a good meal made me upset but anyway we got some frozen yogert and went back to the hotel to relax and get to bed early.​

We woke early and got breakfast at the hotel. We had an 11am boarding time and we got to the port at 10. We had to wait to get in but soon they waved us on. The kids were wide eyed and taking it all in. We checked in and got bracelets for the kids club.

We went outside and took some pictures by the boat.

This one was taken by our son he did pretty good haha. Of course our next stop was to meet the main man!

All of this moved pretty fast and before you knew it we were boarding. They have you take a family picture and then head on the ship. Where they announce your family name. This made me soooo happy I was just in the magic. We decided to eat at the buffet. The food was so good I mean like really I didn't have anything to worry about they had lots of options for me to eat. I love the Disney touch.

We had talked about how on the cruise you could eat all the dessert you want as you can see her eyes were bigger then her stomach haha. After lunch we went to explore the kids club. They were super excited about this we had watched videos at home and TJ loves Toy story.

Up next we started with the Lab.

Joining in as I remember.

I have made that trip to WDW from Philly by car with 3 kids and a teenager. There isn't a whole lot to take pictures of except maybe of billboards as you get close to South of the Border. My DH does all the driving too as I tend to fall asleep by VA.

Can't wait to hear more about the cruise. We are sailing on the Magic in November on our very first cruise ever. Taking a slightly longer one and no WDW before or after the cruise but I'm looking forward to it.

Your kids are very cute.

I'm totally in!!

I always love reading about cruises! I really want to do one, but can't even think of where to start with it! It really is starting from blank step 1 again haha! :lmao:

Looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!!

When are you going in Sept?! We're there from the 8-19th!

Joining in as I remember.

I have made that trip to WDW from Philly by car with 3 kids and a teenager. There isn't a whole lot to take pictures of except maybe of billboards as you get close to South of the Border. My DH does all the driving too as I tend to fall asleep by VA.

Can't wait to hear more about the cruise. We are sailing on the Magic in November on our very first cruise ever. Taking a slightly longer one and no WDW before or after the cruise but I'm looking forward to it.

Your kids are very cute.[/QUOTE

Thanks for being my first follower and I must admit that I get some sleeping in on the drive also but I try my best haha you will love the cruise as you will see we had a great time and are booked for next august.
Thanks fo the compliment I agree haha

I'm totally in!!

I always love reading about cruises! I really want to do one, but can't even think of where to start with it! It really is starting from blank step 1 again haha! :lmao:

Looks great so far & I can't wait to read more!!

When are you going in Sept?! We're there from the 8-19th!

We are going sept 27-4 and I am try to complete this before I go do I can do another report for that trip that I actually plan out. It is a lot but so worth it as you will see Thanks for joining me. Hoping to get another update tonight but my computer is not cooperating having someone look at it tomorrow so we will see.

So we left off heading to the kids clubs. Now we had been watching video on you tube of this place and we were all excited so rather then go to the pool they wanted to hit the clubs. First up was the Lab

It was pretty neat the kids ran right to the bean bag chairs.

This is the animation room to color and trace they walked in and out but later in the trip when we picked them up they were in this room so they did enjoy it.

Then we went over to a bank of computers and spent about 20 minutes here it had a few games like agent p and Jesse games we hadn't played before oh and Tron also.

Ok so at this is when they had to go to the bathroom and I loved the mini sinks! I had to take a picture and sent DH into boys to take a picture for me but I can't seem to find it haha.

On the other side of the room was a lot of tables that they used for lunch and doing events like Silly Science. There were also some more computers and this is where my DD said something that made me feel really old. The computers were touch screen on this side and she said "oh Tj these are the regular computers" wait what haha at that moment we looked at the parent next to us and just laughed. Oh how the times have changed I then thought about the fact that there were no home computers at all when I was a kid and now unless it has touch screen my kids think its weird.

So we then headed to the Club side that is accessed thru a hallway that connects both so kids can go back and forth without leaving the room. We bypassed the Mickey room and went right for the Toy Story section.

Sorry this is blurry but only one downloaded to photbucket before computer died.

So we climbed the stairs and played on Andy's bed before going down the slide.

So after dressing up Potato Head and playing with Ham we headed to Pixie hollow.

This area has the girl dress up clothes and more tables to color. This room also has a big open area.

Now the avengers academy looks pretty cool but nothing is in this room unless they are doing a event. A little clue is there is a panel in the wall that opens up to see boys dress up clothes which is not obvious. DS found it on day two.

We finally made our way back to the Mickey room.

You can see the hallway in this photo that leads to the lab in the back. It has computers, tables and the big screen plays the new Mickey cartoons. The kids wanted to stay but it was open house but it was time to check out something new.

Up next our room.​

So we were heading to our room it is a ocean view on the second deck. This was our first ocean view room we usually chose the cheapest option but since we changed our cruise dates we lost a day but gained a view. Me and my DH had cruised for our honeymoon so we got this little gift we=hen we entered the room.

This bag has been our go to bag since we got back. I absolutely love it! We also used Dreams unlimited for this cruise so we got this gift bag as well.

This also came in handy as many times as I read bring a highlighter I of course forgot one.

Ok so who can make me one of these ? Haha really though. The other thing I loved about the room was the blanket they throw on the bottom of the bed I took naps using it and was actually upset they removed it when they turned down the bed. After the cruise I looked it up and I am not the only one who wants one.

You can see the kids jumped right up on the bunk beds. Which they put up in the morning and you don't even notice.

Again it is the small things I love about Disney this is the lamp on either side of the bed.

It did take a little work to open the gift bag and some jumping on the bed.

The kids had brought their stuffys from home DD had Duffy and DS had Figment and they quickly tried to take in the view.

After spending some time in the room it was time for the sail away party so back up on deck we headed.

At this point after the horn blew the dj started playing music and I did some line dances while my kids sat on the side lines looking exhausted and hot. So we decided to head inside and meet captain America. Where there was air conditioning and we could sit down. While we were waiting there was a cast member making popcorn for the first show it was us and only one other family waiting. The cast member then came over and gave the kids some popcorn saying" shh if anyone asked you didn't get it from me we are not open yet" the kids lit up and quickly ate the popcorn. Which he also refilled. It was our first day and our first touch of magic. Captain America then came out and DS was really excited.

They then did their super hero pose.

Up next we only had about 30 minutes to dinner so we decided to explore the outdoor decks.

So after meeting the captain we went out on deck and just looked out at the ocean. This was something that was truly relaxing. Just look at the view.

We spent some time out here and then decided to head in for dinner. Our first night we ate at Lumiere's. A photographer came around and took our picture so we did the same with our camara.

We decided to order the escargots because DH had had it on honeymoon and enjoyed it plus the kids thought it was cool. So we had a brave one ready to try it.

She loved it and tried to eat them all DH was not happy haha. My DS not so much I think his tongue touched it though and it cost a dollar to get him to try it.

We didn't take pictures of our meals because again didn't plan this but the food was good my husband got the duck and I got the Grilled chicken. After the main course the kids were itching to go to the kids club and we knew we wanted to see the show together so DH ran them up while I waited for dessert. This restaurant is very convenient to the kids clubs and he was back in a few minutes. We enjoyed our desserts I had sherbet not sure of DH as I couldn't eat any of it.

We had great servers and you will see pictures of our server on our last night. It was Disney service at it finest. After dinner we went and got the kids they were there for half hour there was a event going on a welcome party they played games and got to meet lots of kids they loved it. They told us all about it as we walked to the show.

Tonight the show was Twice upon a time. We got great seats up front and talked more about what the kids had done. We also we talking about the show that was going to come on any moment when my daughter said something that made every penny spent on this trip worth it. " This is the best day of my life" coming from my 7 yr old daughter was just to much I looked at my DH and we just squeezed hands. This is it this is why we did this cruise to give the kids the time of their lives and it was overwhelming.

With tears in my eyes the lights turned down and the show began. Another great experience the kids both sat there and enjoyed it and I was worried about my DS being a boy and only 4 he had never been to a show before. He didn't move a muscle until it was over. We all clapped and made our way to the exit again the kids wanted to go to the club for another event. It was about 9:30 and they were doing meet your conselors so we let them go. I have no idea what me and DH did during this time lol probably went to the room and relaxed.

We picked them up and headed to the room we were all tired but the kids were talking a mile a minute.

We were part of a fish extender so we examined our goodies and talked about the day. I think once we were in our pjs it took about 5 minutes till we were all asleep.

Up next day two!​

Looks like a blast of a first day!

It still blows my mind that there are so many things that you can do on a boat! Like, wowza! The kids areas look awesome and a great way for them to burn off some energy!

Looks like a blast of a first day!

It still blows my mind that there are so many things that you can do on a boat! Like, wowza! The kids areas look awesome and a great way for them to burn off some energy!

Yes lots to do which is one of the reasons we booked a 7 day next year haha The kids spent most of their time in the clubs so we think we will have more time together as well.

We got up bright and early to go to Disney Junior Live at 8:30 am.

So we were the only ones there and Disney Junior was playing on a big screen so we waited a few minutes there was no castmember so we decided to just walk around and explore the adults only area as it was open to everyone during the day.

Walking back past the room it was still empty so I double checked the navigator and guess what we were in the wrong room so we raced up a flight of stairs and found the right room. Just as we came in Jake came out and danced some pirate songs with them the kids had fun I wish we would of gone to the right room. It ended about ten minutes after we got there.

As we walked out Peter Pan was out meeting.

I love Peter Pan so I may have been more excited then the kids. Someone gave us autograph books as a FE gift so this was our first time getting to use them.

As you can see our daughter was a little tired haha. We were now really hungry so off to Cabanas we went. The food was again great but it was a little crowded we had to stand with our plates for a few minutes and we might of got a table stolen and they just didn't make eye contact. I decided to just ignore it and move on we were on a Disney cruise right.

The kids wanted to go back to the club for silly science and Become Iron Man so off they went. This was Nassau day but being on such a short cruise we decided to stay on board as this was our only full day since tomorrow was castaway cay.

Me and DH had a little something planned as well. We headed to the spa and signed in for the Exotic Rasual. This was amazing I could of fallen asleep in there haha. It is a completely tiled room with a bench on the right is a small steam room and on the right a shower. The Cm described all of the bottles and bowls and then left and locked the door she said she would knock at the 10 minute mark as this was a 30 minute experience. I was concerned with not having enough time to try everything they give you but there is so don't worry. I could not go into the steam room it was to hot for me but DH did. This was a great break from trying to fit everything in no kids no noise at all just us. Coming out of there I felt great we went to the room to change and then had lunch together. I must say this vacation was a perfect mix of family time and us time. The kids having fun when they were in the club made us not worry about them or feel bad for going to lunch with out them.

After this the Stitch adventure was over in the kids club so we went and grabbed them but first we went to the room and got their bathing suits. This is where it gets crazy while the clubs had lunch from 1 to 2 the kids wanted to go on the slides and they needed to eat lunch. At 2 their was a magic show they wanted to do. So we ran them into the bathroom changed them and went to the family slide first. Now TJ had never done a water slide alone before so DH went first.

Then TJ I love the arm bracing himself haha.

Lastly Belle

They all enjoyed this slide and now we were off to AquaDunk.

DD and DH went me and DS stayed below to watch you can actually see DD in the pod and DH in red shorts waiting.

She had fun but didn't want to go again.

DH loved it.

While the kids played in kids water area I ordered hotdogs and got a table and then they came over and ate. We then went to the bathroom and changed and ran down the stairs so they didn't miss the magic show. Me and DH went to see Capt. America which was great as you all know by now.

Up next Pirate night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter