Cruisers since 9/11 flying from MCO

markey

DIS Veteran
This is our 3rd cruise, 8/02, so I know about the normal disenbarkment, but the airport I want to fly out of, home, only has a 11:04 return flight on Saturday. Am I cutting it too short? We also will have to pickup a rental car from Avis, which we did last year. I am afraid there will not be enough time. Probably will have to switch airports, trying to fly out of what I thought was the safest. How long did it take at MCO? Thanks!

We flew out of MCO on 10/7. We left the ship about 9:00. Our car was in the lot so we didn't have to go to Avis so I can't advise of the length of time to do that, yet--but I'll know in about 2 weeks. Anyway, the trip to the airport is not that long--about 45 minutes to an hour. We took several detours (tried to get to KSC the back way--blocked, then tried the front way, and didn;t have enough time to tour; several pit stops, etc.) Got to the airport, did curbside check in, returned rental car, and got through the line, still had at least 3 hours to kill. Delta is still advising getting to the airport about 2 hours prior to check in, with expected waits of about 30 minutes+ If all goes as it usually does, you can get off the ship early, and make it to MCO. But, if something unusual happens--delayed docking, etc., it might be cutting it a little too close. Maybe by 8/02 the security will be better adjusted for the times, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter