Cruising in January - Specifically for Run Disney Castaway 5K Marathon Weekend

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
I'm signed up for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 5K & 10K and really was hoping this year in 2021 to cruise right after.

Is anyone planning to cruise at that time?? I know we can't predict anything but I'm hoping it will still be a go!!!

we’re scheduled to sail a SWDAS cruise end of january but we do have back up planned for november 2021 because we didn’t want to get our hopes too high about sailing in january.

I'm signed up for the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 5K & 10K and really was hoping this year in 2021 to cruise right after.

Is anyone planning to cruise at that time?? I know we can't predict anything but I'm hoping it will still be a go!!!

Its a tough call on both fronts....will there be cruising and will there be in person races. I know this Fall many of the big marathons have been cancelled like NY, Chicago, Marine Corps plus their smaller races like 5 and 10Ks. Marine Corps races have been switched to virtual races which I have an idea Disney will do. My DD and her husband did a virtual Disney race this Spring and received the nicest medal of baby Yoda.

We have cruised in January several times and one cruise our tablemate had just completed the WDW marathon that day. She was tired but said it was wonderful and she was so looking forward to relaxing after the training and the actual marathon.

Good luck....I hope your race and cruise are still a go.

MJ

We had table mates on our Jan 2020 cruise that did the land marathon and the CC runs. She really collects the medals and had plans for the Paris run. We enjoy January cruises and have one scheduled for Jan 2021 - Hopefully.

DH and I did the CC Challenge back in 2016. The cruise was a nice way to celebrate completing our first full marathon, although the legs weren't feeling too good. ;) The medal is beautiful too! I got a great picture with all 3 medals with the ship in the background.

As mmouse37 noted above, at this point there is no way to know if the races will be virtual or not, and of course cruises are still in question too. I know that stinks and is not what you want to hear, but at this point I feel we can't plan on anything anymore. :(

Good luck with your training and I do hope everything works out for you. It is quite an experience. Sending pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter