• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crv?

hardingk

DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT
Are there Contemporary Resort Villas in the works? We were in WDW this weekend and saw that the North area of CR was gone.

If you make a reservation using your points and have to cancel, do your points get reinstated or do you loose them?

Are there Contemporary Resort Villas in the works? We were in WDW this weekend and saw that the North area of CR was gone.

There are many, many threads on this topic on these boards, mostly on the DVC Mousellaneous board.

Here are recent Contemporary Contruction photos thread

and CRV Rumors.

Bottom line....nobody knows and Disney ain't talking!

Clearly they are doing something, but nothing officially announced.

That's the rumor. And it appears to be quite authentic unless Disney has changed its mind.

Disney is being very closed-lipped about it or even completely denying it.

However the permit papers that Disney filed with the South Florida Water Management District clearly state the project as "DVC @ Contemporary."

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/i...sAndStaffReports/060713-12_StaffRpt_38514.pdf

A lot of us are still dreaming, it will happen.

I hope so! That's the rumor.
I still have 2 years left of mortgage payments on DVC @ VWL.
Hopefully, the hold out until this one is paid off so I can add on :rolleyes:

as I say on another thread.

my db's fil does the bids for steel from his company.

Disney has asked one for "Contemporary Suites" not "CRV"

so hoping this is just disney kepting it a secret.

Nearly everything points to it being DVC, including a couple of people (one I know in person - the other who posts on another board I'm on) who do have good inside information that say it's DVC.

However, as I did say on the other thread - even if Disney plans DVC now, they can always change their mind. Nothing is official until it's announced.

Nearly everything points to it being DVC, including a couple of people (one I know in person - the other who posts on another board I'm on) who do have good inside information that say it's DVC.

However, as I did say on the other thread - even if Disney plans DVC now, they can always change their mind. Nothing is official until it's announced.

Awesome!! How long after it is announced that it will be a DVC, can one buy?

And even after it's announced, no guarantee they won't change their mind....reference Eagle Pines Villas "official announcement". Truly, nothing is official until they begin selling points. :)

If the mouse just leaked the drawings of the CRV going around, started sending RFQ's out to local companies, hired a construction crew to start boring holes etc to get all of this gossip going and only build a parking lot where the CRV is supposed to go.

Man that would be a hoax for sure

If the mouse just leaked the drawings of the CRV going around, started sending RFQ's out to local companies, hired a construction crew to start boring holes etc to get all of this gossip going and only build a parking lot where the CRV is supposed to go.

Man that would be a hoax for sure

there is definitely a big building going up. that is not a rumor.

now if it is Contemporary suites like the plans that Disney is sending to the construction & supply companies - or a CRV which everyone (okay mostly everyone) here wants - time will tell.

Awesome!! How long after it is announced that it will be a DVC, can one buy?

that varies -

with SSR because it was on land already in use - the sales started pretty quickly

BCV was half way done (I think) before it was announced.

VWL was also announced fairly quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter