Crystal Palace Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

mmuskie

WI Musky Hunter
A couple of years ago I had some Chocolate Cheesecke Bars at the Crystal Palace in MK. Does anyone else remember having these? Do they still serve them? Does anyone have the recipe?

I've never had the ones from the CP, but I've made this recipe for Chocolate cheesecake bars.

Chocolate Ceesecake Petit Fours

2 8x8 foil pans oven at 325F

Crust: 1 pkg chocolate wafers
8 Tbsp. butter, cut in 1/2" bits and chilled
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Filling: 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1-1/2 lbs. cream cheese at room temp.
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 tsp. cocoa
1 Tbs. instant espresso disolved in 1 tsp. hot water
2 cups sour cream

For crust: Chop cookies until fine crumbs. Add chilled butter and cinnamon and blend until evenly mixed. Divide evenly among pans and press evenly in bottom. Set aside.
For filling: Melt chocolate and let cool. In bowl, beat softened cream cheese until smooth and fluffy and reduce speed and beat in sugar 2 Tbsp. at a time. Then the eggs one at a time. Beat in cocoa, vanilla, coffee, sour cream and the chocolate, blend well after each addition, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for 1/2 hour and then turn off heat, leave cakes in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and refrigerate until well chilled. Cut into bars and serve. If you just want small bites, cut in 1" squares and serve in mini cupcake papers.

The only meal I've had at the Crystal Palace was breakfast so I don't think I've ever had those bars. The recipe Baboo posted sounds really good though.

Here is another recipe for chocolate cheesecake bars. If nothing else it will be fun experimenting on different recipes.

Chocolate Cheesecake Bars

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 350*F (175*C).
Combine graham crackers, melted butter and brown sugar and press into ungreased 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes.

Beat 8 ounces cream cheese and eggs until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa, flour and vanilla, mixing well. Spread over baked crust. Bake for 30 minutes and cool on wire rack to room temperature.

Combine remaining butter and cream cheese. Beat until well blended. Add
powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread over filling. Cut into bars. Keep refrigerated. Makes about 16 bars.

Thank you both for taking the time to respond. We will give both recipes a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter