Csr 5/3-5/10

margaritabnl

Mouseketeer
Hi Folks!

It's been about a year since I have been to this site so I am just a tad bit rusty :confused: I have a few questions about CSR and hopefully someone can help out.

IS this a good resort for kids 3, 8, and 11? How about the variety of food available form Pepper Market? Do you think you spend more money on food with the punch card? Does this place have awesome margaritas:smooth: ? I remember reading awhile ago about a bus from CSR to the BW. Is that still running?

With most of the parks scheduled to close for 7pm in May do you think it would be worthwhile to upgrade to a DLX for onsite childcare? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey there!

Your trip to CSR is just around the corner--I'm so jealous :) You will love it love it love it at CSR! So far, it is hands down my favorite resort and though I went with my fiancee and don't have any experience with kids, I would still say that your family would enjoy it. The Dig Site pool area is a big hit with kids, plus there's lots of recreation and things to do (bikes, boats, cane fishing...) Since you have kids of varying ages, I would suggest requesting a convienent location. We stayed in Casitas, building 2 and that was perfect--it was steps away from El Centro and right by our section's quiet pool. The Dig Site was a short walk from there also. I think you will be pleased with the selection at the Pepper Market. Remember that if you get your food to go, you can avoid the 10% fee, but when we did eat in, we had no problem paying it. The drink service and real plates and silverware made up for it. And yes, the Margaritas there are fab! I have so much to say about this resort sooooo, I will include the report I did on from our stay this past August. If you have time, please read it because I included absolutely everything. Also, I put in links to the Pepper Market so you can get an idea of food pricing and selection. Oh! Bus to BW is no longer running and I'm not sure about swinging for the deluxe for childcare...perhaps someone with children would be better equipped to field that one :)

My CSR Review: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=256071

Pepper Market Breakfast Menu: http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_pmb.htm

Pepper Market Lunch/Dinner: http://wdwig.com/menu/menu_pm.htm

--Maren!

Your kids will love the main pool area. They won't want to leave. Check out pictures at my CSR website below

The Pepper Market is our favorite place to eat. When you enter the Pepper Market, you will notice it's not your average food court. This is Disney's first new style, "interactive" food court on property. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. You choose your meals in a Mexican market-style set-up while walking from station to station and talking with the chefs. You are seated by a host/hostess and everyone in your party receives a ticket. The host/hostess will take your drink order. You are then free to stroll around the food areas, choose what you want to eat and receive a stamp on your ticket for each item you get. If you don't see something you like, ask because they will mix and match items for you.

At the end of the meal, you present your ticket(s) to a host/hostess and pay as you leave. 10% gratuity is charged automatically to your bill so be sure not to leave an additional tip on the table. If you feel the 10% was not deserved, speak to the host/hostess when paying and it will be removed. The Pepper Market is open 6:30am - 11pm.

Take out meals are not charged the 10%.

Don't be afraid to ask for specific things if your kids are picky eaters. My nephews were with us on our last trip in November and they would ask for plain pasta at the pasta station and it wasn't a problem.

I can't help but have this sinking feeling in my stomach about this trip:( It is a very sudden and unexpected vacation and I feel nothing but dread after reading these boards off and on for a week. The parks are closing at 7pm, no fireworks or parades, the day we arrive MK is closed to the public for grad night. What next?! No water in Blizzard Beach?!

About CSR..I am sure my 8 and 11 yr old will love it. The 3 yr old is my niece as my sister is coming with her family. We were planning to request the Cabanas bulding 8 or 9 for location so I am okay with that. It's just the Pepper Market that I am stuck on:rolleyes: and this leave the building to save 10%. If we buy the refillable mugs what is this about a pass? Anyone know about this?

If I had had the foresight to buy cancel insurance when I booked and paid in full last week I would definitely cancel and rebook for June.

I am 85% excited to stay at CSR but that silly, sweet, predictable "I'm going to Disney" feeling is fading fast
:(

Quick! Someone kick me or something....

Originally posted by margaritabnl
I can't help but have this sinking feeling in my stomach about this trip:( It is a very sudden and unexpected vacation and I feel nothing but dread after reading these boards off and on for a week. The parks are closing at 7pm, no fireworks or parades, the day we arrive MK is closed to the public for grad night. What next?! No water in Blizzard Beach?!

About CSR..I am sure my 8 and 11 yr old will love it. The 3 yr old is my niece as my sister is coming with her family. We were planning to request the Cabanas bulding 8 or 9 for location so I am okay with that. It's just the Pepper Market that I am stuck on:rolleyes: and this leave the building to save 10%. If we buy the refillable mugs what is this about a pass? Anyone know about this?

If I had had the foresight to buy cancel insurance when I booked and paid in full last week I would definitely cancel and rebook for June.

I am 85% excited to stay at CSR but that silly, sweet, predictable "I'm going to Disney" feeling is fading fast
:(

Quick! Someone kick me or something....

The hours for MK are usual for the first of May. The MK is not closed to the public on Grad Nights. They close the park at the usual time and then later reopen for Grad Night, so you can go to MK on Grad Night during regular hours if you wish.

There are fireworks scheduled for May 10. Also MGM and Epcot are both open to 9pm each night.

The only thing that is different from other Mays is not having at least one showing of Spectromagic. I am not sure what is up with that but everything else is pretty standard for early May.

As to CS it's a great resort with a great pool and playground. If you wish to use daycare you do not have to stay at that particular resort to use it.

KICK!!!!! (just kidding)

The 10 percent at the Pepper Market is a drop in the bucket for the service you get there. When ordering food the chefs at the station will cook to order and are helpful. It is also nice to be seated by somone and not have to worry about hunting for a table. For similar service I've left 15-20 percent tips in regular restaurants. IMHO 10% is a bargain. We ate there 5 times in August (two adults) and found the portions larger and a bit more varied. You also don't have to clean up after yourself. I liked being able to get up and go and get something else to eat or drink if I so desired without having to pay for it first. I didn't have to worry about getting hot food and then waiting to go through a check out. You eat at your table and when you are finished then you check out.

I am go to WDW in the near future and the hours are similar. I look forward to lighter crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter