CT girl with some ADR questions....

dolphinlove

Earning My Ears
Hi all. Got a few questions about ADR's...

Wondering how many I should make and should I make them for every day?? And if I don't make them for ea day, how difficult is it to get into places as walk in??? And lastly, are the hotels/resort rest easier to get a walk in reserv without the adr vs trying somewhere in one of the parks??

Thanks for the help! Can't make them until May/June but want to get as much info ahead of time as possb.:goodvibes

Tara in CT

That depends on when you're going, whether or not you prefer to eat at peak times, and whether you're on a dining plan with table service. If you want one of the ultrapopular restaurants (Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, CRT, possibly Coral Reef, California Grill within 2 hours of fireworks time, 'Ohana dinner) then you probably won't get into those without a reservation. If you want ANY character meals, whether they're in resorts or parks, the odds are not all that good on walking in.

Absolutely make ADR's for the places you have your heart set on.

Walk ups are a rarity these days but do happen. Walk up avalability absolutely depends on party size, time of year & time of day. Lunch is easier than dinner. If you want dinner I suggest being at the podium when the restaurant opens.

As far as park vs. resort... really has more to do with popularity than location. For example, odds of walking in to O'hana & Chef Mickey's are slim, places like The Wave (CR) or Olivia's (OKW) are generally easier.

That said, all of this really depends on when you are visiting. During FreeDDP or holidays/peak times? No way should you expect to find a walk up, even at less popular places. Value season, you might be ok.

Definitely make reservations...you could always cancel if you change your mind.

Time frame for going is either mid Oct or beg of Nov....still waiting on flight prices to determine which month! :rotfl:

This is our first trip (I've been but not for over 20 yrs) so we don't exactly know where we want to go or what times. I have a list of recomd from a friend that we are going to try.

So, I'm guessing then that I should just go ahead and do ADR's for every day! And yes, we are using the dining plan with the snack, quick serv and table serv per day. No idea what promos will be out for then (anxiously awaiting to find out:thumbsup2) so....

I only asked because I remember someone posting a comment about not planning every meal and doing the ADR but guess I'm gonna since I don't want to not be able to get in somewhere! Esp with a 5 yr old who will be almost 6 at trip time (and 12 yr old too) :banana:

Anyone know what kinds of times are good and/or maybe less popular??? I'm clueless here, pls help!:confused3

Thanks everyone!! Tara in CT:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter