The way you give us all the details, I can picture it even without the real pictures! Love the binders..... you should see my budget binder. Whoa...lots of tabs in that sucker:rolleyes1

Whenever we stop at a rest area and I see people with their picnic I think why didn’t I do that! Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Jumping in and not too far behind! First timer for your reports and can't wait.

My dh and I have done several adults only trips to WDW the past few years and we LOVE them!

Stopping in Crestview versus Pensacola might not sound like a big deal to some, but I know that the two places are good bit aways from each other. (I lived in Crestview before moving to Germany. :rotfl:) And I've stayed at that Country Inn before; it's better than some of the other hotels around. I just hope the traffic by the interstate on 85 didn't drive you batty. Some of the worst congestion I've seen is on that road due to poor infrastructure!

Ugh, I-75 and its 3 lanes. You seem some crazy drivers on that part of the drive!
I think it's great that you guys brought a picnic lunch. Gave you guys a chance to get out of the car and relax for a bit. And you had the added benefit of only having to worry about making your sandwich...no kids! :rotfl2:(Although I guess your kiddos are old enough to make their own...)

Love your report so far. You and your husband are adorable. One of my best trips to Disney was only my husband and me.

I'm from Mobile! We totally have to honk. Also, we hold our breath from one end of the other...if we can make it. :smooth:

I laugh at the binders with tab comments. This is also me.

The way you give us all the details, I can picture it even without the real pictures! Love the binders..... you should see my budget binder. Whoa...lots of tabs in that sucker:rolleyes1

Thank goodness you have a good imagination! I hate it when I don't have pictures.

Whenever we stop at a rest area and I see people with their picnic I think why didn’t I do that! Looking forward to the rest of your report.

That's what we said too! We figured why not stop for a picnic ourselves.

Jumping in and not too far behind! First timer for your reports and can't wait.

My dh and I have done several adults only trips to WDW the past few years and we LOVE them!

Welcome! I love meeting new Disers!

Stopping in Crestview versus Pensacola might not sound like a big deal to some, but I know that the two places are good bit aways from each other. (I lived in Crestview before moving to Germany. :rotfl:) And I've stayed at that Country Inn before; it's better than some of the other hotels around. I just hope the traffic by the interstate on 85 didn't drive you batty. Some of the worst congestion I've seen is on that road due to poor infrastructure!

Ugh, I-75 and its 3 lanes. You seem some crazy drivers on that part of the drive!
I think it's great that you guys brought a picnic lunch. Gave you guys a chance to get out of the car and relax for a bit. And you had the added benefit of only having to worry about making your sandwich...no kids! :rotfl2:(Although I guess your kiddos are old enough to make their own...)

I remember you saying before that you lived in Crestview but had forgotten that until now. There really is a difference between stopping Pensacola and stopping in Crestview. Those extra miles put you a little closer to Disney.

I really enjoyed the picnic lunch. Like you said, we got out of the car for a bit and it was well worth that little extra time.

Love your trip reports!
'
Welcome and thank you so much!

Love your report so far. You and your husband are adorable. One of my best trips to Disney was only my husband and me.

I'm from Mobile! We totally have to honk. Also, we hold our breath from one end of the other...if we can make it. :smooth:

I laugh at the binders with tab comments. This is also me.

Oh thank you! I'll have to remember the holding the breath in the tunnel next time. I'll be holding my breath and honking at the same time!

Can't wait for more! Love your trip reports!

Welcome! Glad to see you again!

We have done a couple child free Disney trips since our daughter is away at college. It is def a different trip when you go as a couple instead of a family. We are doing a couple trip to Disney at the end of the month. I am loving your report and your "new" things. It's getting me very EXCITED. We have a "new" for our trip too. We are flying to MCO and using Magical Express. It's our first time not driving. Eeek!!

Great start, Lisa!

A couple's trip is the best. Gary's and my first-ever trip to WDW was our honeymoon and we've been back 3 more times just the two of us and 4 more times with our daughter and other family members.

I leave for WDW this Saturday, just me and my mom. It'll be the first time I've ever been there without Gary and, that's a little weird but, I know that Momma and I are going to have an amazing time. Grown-ups only. Girls only. Seriously. Can. Not. Wait.

Hey Lisa, so happy to find your new TR! I am home sick plus it’s one of those southern snow days here so was able to get caught up on your 2016 TR and saw the link to your new one, great start so far. Too funny about the cd with the repeat song and loved that you stopped for a picnic! As always am looking forward to reading more of your TR cause they are the best! :-)

Joining in! First time reading one of your TR's and loving it so far. I head down to the Dis next month for the first time ever and cannot wait!

Joining in all the fun. I love your trip reports and look forward to reading along on the newest one. I loved the facebook pictures, but now for the details.

Great start, Lisa!

A couple's trip is the best. Gary's and my first-ever trip to WDW was our honeymoon and we've been back 3 more times just the two of us and 4 more times with our daughter and other family members.

I leave for WDW this Saturday, just me and my mom. It'll be the first time I've ever been there without Gary and, that's a little weird but, I know that Momma and I are going to have an amazing time. Grown-ups only. Girls only. Seriously. Can. Not. Wait.

Thank you! You lucky girl! You and your mother are going to have a great time!

Awesome start!!!! Love me some sammiches!!!!

It was so nice to stop and get out of the car and sammiches mean we saved money for Disney!

Joining in! First time reading one of your TR's and loving it so far. I head down to the Dis next month for the first time ever and cannot wait!

Welcome to your first Mickeystoontown trip report! Oh my goodness! A first trip to Disney!

Joining in all the fun. I love your trip reports and look forward to reading along on the newest one. I loved the facebook pictures, but now for the details.

Welcome! I tried to share a bunch of pictures on Facebook while we were there. But there's nothing like writing a whole report.

Nice stop for a picnic. We used to stop at the rest stops for picnics all the time on various trips growing up, but I only remember doing it on 2 trips to Disney, and one of those was with my DH about a year after we got married, and we had my BFF with us. We were in Va at the time, so it only took us 12 hours to get there (that was awesome getting there same day!)

Gotta love a really late night and early morning. The only time I'm eager to do that is when Disney World is involved!

I love that you had a picnic. I grew up picnicking too. We went almost every Sunday when I was growing up after church. My parents liked to go on drives...no place in particular most times...and we would always have a picnic en-route. We probably visited almost every state park/national park/random small town within driving distance of my house by the time I was an adult. I take my kids on picnics now, but not nearly as much as I did growing up. My kids always know the way to make me happy in the summer is to suggest we go on a drive and have a picnic. Of course, they also know that it will involve a stop at some random roadside ice cream shop. We can't seem to pass those up.

Looking forward to see what you think of AS Music.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter