Im here! I am behind on so many threads I am not commenting just enjoying the ride lol! I didnt care for Homecoming either. I do not eat dark meat chicken, and dont care for comfort foods. My friend was dying to go there so we did, she enjoyed it a lot, but I wont be back.

I'm still here, following!! Looking forward to the rest of the report.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the dinner, It always looked like a good place from reviews I have seen

I am another lurker and I always look forward to reading your trip reports! Please keep writing!

Longtime lurker. I seldom post comments but I'm here and I always enjoy reading your trip reports!

AFter being gone for 3 weeks, and your prolific updates I was like 7 pages and 20 updates behind, but I'm making up for lost time and all caught up!

He said that he used to work there and had friends who still worked there. They were full. He called Coronado Springs. They were full. He called Port Orleans and there was a room there but we would be charged $800 more! That's a hard no. Especially since we had only requested to be placed in another room at All Star Music. He said "let me try one more thing" and went to another phone. Next thing we know, he was asking if we would like a Little Mermaid room at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. My first thought was "those rooms are never discounted and we booked with a promo". I asked how much would we have to pay to move and he said nothing. We took him up on the offer. He made all of the arrangements and then told us to pack our things and Disney would move us the next morning.

Nice!!! That was very, very sweet of him.

One of us ordered the empanadas con queso: fried flour tortillas filled with cheese, served with Mexican slaw. Apparently, they looked delicious enough to take not one but two pictures of them.

They are one of my very favorite snacks at WDW. I think they are tied with my beloved 8 Spoons Mac and Cheese. MMm!!

We dug in and ate every single bite. Oh my heavens, empanadas where have you been all my life? Though both of the dishes were good, the empanadas were a tad bit better than the nachos.

YES!!!!!

She said that they were having some problems with their computers and would it be okay if she got a manager to give us an actual gift card instead of an e card. Sure, we could wait. About fifteen minutes later, she came over with a card. If I am remembering correctly, the card was for $80. If it wasn't $80, it was for $70.

Well, that's a nice little bit of pixie dust!

I'm not sure if I said this before but we were very very pleased with the room. The buildings with the Little Mermaid rooms are pretty far from the main building but we didn't mind the walk at all. It was an easy straight walk from our room to the lobby, main area, etc. I'd not hesitate to stay there again and have recommended it to several clients one of which will be there in 11 days.

I loved our room there too. Spacious, clean, and yes, while far from the main bldg and bus, it was very nice.

img_4304-1024x768-2-1024x768-jpg.398415

LOL! This makes me giggle!

We were walking from our building (building 7) in the Little Mermaid section of Disney's Art of Animation Resort.

That was our bldg too. :goodvibes

Y'all, she was almost in tears when she saw the old picture of her. She even broke character for a minute or two while she told us that those guys were some of her very dear friends. I thanked her for stopping and talking with us. She said "no thank you for the sweet memory". Man, I love Disney and the memories that we have made over the years!

Of course, being the Mother of the Year that I am, I immediately text the picture to Hunter just to rub it that we had met an old friend of his.

:cloud9:

What an amazing story! I just love this!

We have found that the restaurants in Disney's Hollywood Studios are known more for their "theme" and not their food.

Truth, Sister!

Yum! So much better than Gaston's.

And you see that guy sitting on the bench? He wasn't listening to a doggone thing the cast member was telling us. As a matter of fact, he didn't really pay attention the entire tour.
Okay, that's just wierd. And a LOT of $$ for just sitting there.

they are made from poop!

:lmao:

I was surprised at how small the restaurant was. Not small small. Just small compared to the other value and moderate resorts. But, the resort has multiple other wonderful restaurants to choose from so that's a good trade off.

WHOA!

Still here and following along. Busy with end of school stuff will have more free time in a week yay!!!!

Finally had a chance to catch up!
Loving your pictures ..and humor.
What day are we on into the trip...I can't remember anymore.

You are making me want to plan a trip down to Florida but I am too poor right now to even afford tickets. LOL!

Still here! Please don't stop! Love reading about your trips. Because, we aren't planning on going back until our
granddaughter is 5 and she is just turning 3 in July! :-)

I am still here!! We had a very busy weekend, and now I am back in class...so less time for my DIS addiction. But, i am still following along, for sure. Keep it up, friend!!!

Just read from start to finish and I’m loving your trip report. Please don’t stop!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter