Curb appeal ideas?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I am moving into a condo. It is located in a rectangular brick building built in the 40's. Imagine a typical "school" building with a small staircase up the front and spaces on either side of it with some dirt. Currently there are two stone circles in the dirt with some barely identifiable half dead plants.

As the other people in the building are not interested in landscaping but would support my desire to do so, I would like to plant some pretty things! Does anyone have any ideas for plants that would look nice in this context?

I am moving into a condo. It is located in a rectangular brick building built in the 40's. Imagine a typical "school" building with a small staircase up the front and spaces on either side of it with some dirt. Currently there are two stone circles in the dirt with some barely identifiable half dead plants.

As the other people in the building are not interested in landscaping but would support my desire to do so, I would like to plant some pretty things! Does anyone have any ideas for plants that would look nice in this context?

Where do you live? I'd recommend going to a local nursery (not a Home Depot or Walmart, but a real nursery) and asking what kind of plants do well in your area.

First you need to decide if you want to plant every year (annuals) or have them come back every year (perennials). Look at the area you're landscaping during several points during the day -- is it full sun, part sun, or shade? Then you need to decide heights and colors. You might want to visit some gardening websites to get some ideas as well.

And if you live in the Chicagoland area, I've got about a million daylilly and hosta plants I'm happy to give away! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter