Curbside with e-tickets?

CaliforniaDreaming

#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert
Can you check your bags curbside with an e-ticket? I read on US Air's web site about e-ticket kiosks at some airports, but how do these work? Is it better to just go to the ticket counter?

Thanks. ;) This is my first time going with an e-ticket.

I always use curbside with e-tickets at PIT. Just hand the skycap your printout and he will check your bags. They don't give boarding passes curbside at PIT, you have to get it at the gate. We don't have the kiosks, not sure how they work. I'm amazed that they are allowed with the heightened security.

Debbie, Did you do curbside @ MCO as well? USAirways's web site said that PIT is getting the e-ticket kiosks I think at the end of the month or next month. They already have them at I believe PHL, DCA, BOS, & LGA?

Not sure where Orlando is now on curbside check-in or e-ticket machines; some airports apparently have it, many that did before Sep 11 do not. For airports that have the e-ticket machines for check-in, it is very convenient. To get into the machine you need to know the credit card number of the credit card you used to reserve the flight; thus make sure you have it with you. The machine allows you to change seats and shows you where there are open seats. You also pucnh in the number of bags you are checking. It then prints out your boarding pass and you give your baggage to the attendant at the counter next to the machine. I have found there is little or no waiting in that line unlike usual check in lines.

I think it depends on the airport and the airline. We have checked curbside several times (including after 9/11) with NWA e-tickets at MSP. We've never tried to do it at MCO, but according to their web site, NWA offers curbside check in at MCO. We use curbside because it's usually faster than standing in line at the ticket counter, and easier than moving/carrying luggage to the check in line.

For the first half of the trip, we usually use the NWA's special electronic check in (check in on our home computer and print our own boarding passes). Since we don't have easy acccess to a printer in WDW, we use the "regular" airport check-in process for the return.

Yes, we used curbside last month at MCO as well. There was no line, in fact the skycap came over to the car with his cart to help get the luggage out. We had to get boarding passes at the gate at MCO also.

A week ago yesterday, we did curbside check-in at MCO and got our boarding passes at curbside. This was Delta Express. We had to show our photo ID at curbside, at the metal detector and before boarding. It was worth the tip to stay out of the long line inside. We had e-tickets and just gave our ID and no paper sheet to the skycap. I didn't think they would let you through the metal detector area without a boarding pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter