Curious about Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney

KyleRayner

DIS Veteran
I was just curious how DVC Members afford using their DVC points to go on a Disney Cruise or for the Adventures by Disney. The points needed per person are so high. I would think you would have to sacrifice a few years of DVC points just to go on one trip.

Am I correct or am I missing something here?

No, I don't think you're missing anything. Wait - you did know about the secret trade-up option for cruises, didn't you? Where one DVC point counts as 5 for cruise purposes???

Sorry - just yanking your chain a little!!!! Sure, it's an expensive use of points, and many people, like me, would have to bank from one year and borrow from another. With my 330 points, I could have 990 in a year, and that still wouldn't cover all three of us in my family for an Adventures by Disney trip. We could do it for two of us, and we'd have to pay cash for the third. It would cover the smallest inside stateroom, I think, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

I'm more likely to pay cash for these trips, if I ever take them with my children. Now if I were going solo, that might be a pretty good use of a couple of years' points. We'll have to see!!!

Of course, the best option is - buy more points!!!!!!

DVCLiz said:
No, I don't think you're missing anything. Wait - you did know about the secret trade-up option for cruises, didn't you? Where one DVC point counts as 5 for cruise purposes???

Sorry - just yanking your chain a little!!!! Sure, it's an expensive use of points, and many people, like me, would have to bank from one year and borrow from another. With my 330 points, I could have 990 in a year, and that still wouldn't cover all three of us in my family for an Adventures by Disney trip. We could do it for two of us, and we'd have to pay cash for the third. It would cover the smallest inside stateroom, I think, but that wouldn't be as much fun.

I'm more likely to pay cash for these trips, if I ever take them with my children. Now if I were going solo, that might be a pretty good use of a couple of years' points. We'll have to see!!!

Of course, the best option is - buy more points!!!!!!
I hear ya!!!

On the cruise, many members use their points to pay for the first adult and cash for everyone else in the cabin. We did it once that way a couple of years ago for a four night cruise. It was a nice way of using points and saving money.

I'm not sure if this option is available for Disney Adventure.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter