Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

Maybe we will see 2020 room fill up fast when the packages are released.

I wish they would release 2020 early.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN.... (i mean) PACKAGES!

Last edited:
Maybe we will see 2020 room fill up fast when the packages are released.

I wish they would release 2020 early.

RELEASE THE KRAKEN.... (i mean) PACKAGES!
You can call and book a room I think it is 300 day in advance of your trip and if a better deal comes you can apply it

We just made our 3rd resort change for our November 1-10 trip and had no problem getting the room category we wanted. (We went from Contemporary CL GV to Poly CL LV to Poly CL TPV). I'm just in love with our travel agent as she's been so awesome dealing with my madness.

My opinion I think we are overestimating the demand of people willing now to suddenly drop thousands of dollars for a family vacation because GE is now opening up. Either they are already planning a family vacation and are setting their dates to what fits best for their family, not when GEis opening. Prior announcements always said late fall and so I think families and fans planned around this. Sure there’s going to be massive crowds will suddenly show up, many maybe locals or just come down for a drive in one night. But I am curious to hear back on how packages are selling for end of August. I also just recently checked and there’s availability. I mean Disney is a big deal when it comes to planning a vacation in investing money. It’s not like a concert that is sold out in a second night is added people jump on it. There’s a lot more investment in this case both time and money. Maybe a good comparison is Harry Potter. How did those openings go? If anything is near comparison to Star Wars it would be Harry Potter. I think of anything that will drive crowds will be hard-core fans and the Vgloggers/ press. That has always been the complaint of events lately is that crowd size has been insane mainly due to press and Blogger crowds

I think Disney has done itself a disservice in not giving any type of "advantage" for resort guests themselves. Meaning there are TONS of star wars fans that may not necessarily be huge Disney Fans. I guess the more interesting question is how surrounding hotels benefit from this announcement, Disney Parking Lots, etc. I would assume there are going to be a lot of people looking for the best rates in and around Orlando to experience SWGE. There are just so many unknown variables with this but will definitely be interesting to watch it play out

I think Disney has done itself a disservice in not giving any type of "advantage" for resort guests themselves. Meaning there are TONS of star wars fans that may not necessarily be huge Disney Fans. I guess the more interesting question is how surrounding hotels benefit from this announcement, Disney Parking Lots, etc. I would assume there are going to be a lot of people looking for the best rates in and around Orlando to experience SWGE. There are just so many unknown variables with this but will definitely be interesting to watch it play out
True. Disney Hotel availability is not always an indication of how busy the parks will be. I would imagine a SIZEABLE proportion of hard-core star wars fans are way too cheap to stay onsite, and will be booking offsite. With 5 bedroom luxury villas offsite being the same price per night as the cheapest tiny studios on property, it's a no brainer. Star Wars fans are smart and frugal ;)

That being said, I also think Disney may have overestimated the amount of interest this new land will draw. And I do agree we will see more people come after both rides are open, not before.

True. Disney Hotel availability is not always an indication of how busy the parks will be. I would imagine a SIZEABLE proportion of hard-core star wars fans are way too cheap to stay onsite, and will be booking offsite. With 5 bedroom luxury villas offsite being the same price per night as the cheapest tiny studios on property, it's a no brainer. Star Wars fans are smart and frugal ;)

That being said, I also think Disney may have overestimated the amount of interest this new land will draw. And I do agree we will see more people come after both rides are open, not before.
I agree that “full” WDW hotel occupancy does not mean particularly high crowds, but I do think the reverse is more telling. Right now, there is plenty of onsite value hotel availability for SWGE opening week...interesting.

Last edited:
There will likely be EMH
Not sure EMH is going to help anyone much with how the Star Wars fans are. I am sure EMH at HS will be packed. Also I would expect Disney to make a huge money grab by offering (for a fee of course) pre-park opening and late park closing events until the excitement drops.

didnt they also announce no FPs?? so a WDW resort plays no advantage here

If more people plan trips to Disney to see Galaxy's Edge...and then everything else, it's still an advantage (sort of) to stay at a Disney resort.

And seeing how fast the resorts sell out is a harbinger of zero discounts to come. :) Or not if they don't sell out as I'm sure Disney expects them to.

Boardwalk Garden View still available for $333/night during opening week. I would imagine WDW expected more of a bump from the SWGE announcement.

I thought so too! I'm sure the crowds will come, but...I'm wondering if the lack of advertising about this is hurting them? The average person - not stalking these boards and not a rabid Star Wars fan- has no idea this land is opening early and a vague idea it's even opening. I'm sure once people actually realize it's opening, things will pick up.

At least I haven't seen any advertising yet! :)

I thought so too! I'm sure the crowds will come, but...I'm wondering if the lack of advertising about this is hurting them? The average person - not stalking these boards and not a rabid Star Wars fan- has no idea this land is opening early and a vague idea it's even opening. I'm sure once people actually realize it's opening, things will pick up.

At least I haven't seen any advertising yet! :)
I don’t think Disney feels a need to do any major advertising at least not yet. Star Wars is a property that advertises itself.

I don’t think Disney feels a need to do any major advertising at least not yet. Star Wars is a property that advertises itself.

They hope! ;)

No, I'm sure it will be crazy, I just thought there would be some kind of fun advertising going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter