Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

Probably overly conspiratorial, but it seemed that once the SWGE opening date was announced, the Club Level availability for the now expired Sun and Fun discount seemed to evaporate. Makes me wonder if it was intentionally pulled back in preparation for enhanced/paid SWGE access for folks staying Club Level.

I’m doing WDW in March 2020, I’m hoping the crazy will have cooled by then. I honestly would have done opening month at WDW but, well, summer... in Florida. I’m a pacific north west wimp - I don’t do overly hot OR overly humid well. Lol. So I’m pretty sure I’d be miserable in the Florida’s summer.

I booked opening month for SWGE in Disneyland though. I have to say the room choices were slim pickings. I ended up with a premium view at the Disneyland hotel.... at $617 a night :crazy2: I’m sure it will be beautiful at least lol

We are booked for August 25-Sept 3, so my curiosity means I have been checking our dates to see if the WDW resorts are booking up. So far, there are lots of availability, with 33 resorts having availability and at every price point. I am sure though that people are waiting for more details to be released before deciding on when to go. We booked long before the announcement, but are embracing it now.

We are booked for August 25-Sept 3, so my curiosity means I have been checking our dates to see if the WDW resorts are booking up. So far, there are lots of availability, with 33 resorts having availability and at every price point. I am sure though that people are waiting for more details to be released before deciding on when to go. We booked long before the announcement, but are embracing it now.
We’re in the same boat. Luckily we used the sun and fun discount while it was still active. Given the continued availability, will be interesting to see any new discounts are released.

We’re in the same boat. Luckily we used the sun and fun discount while it was still active. Given the continued availability, will be interesting to see any new discounts are released.
We have free dining! I agree, it will be interesting to see what types (if any) discounts are released going forward.

I gotta believe they expected more of a bump in onsite stays for late August/early September.

A lot of people may already have their vacations used/planned for this year.

That's why I think it would have been better to release 2020 prices by now and let people book. I hate that they wait until 6 months into the year to release prices for the next year.

I gotta believe they expected more of a bump in onsite stays for late August/early September.

By this time last year discounted rates for regular visitors, AP holders, and Florida residents for the fall were all out already. Makes me think Disney thought they would more booked by now too. I wonder how long they'll hold out on not releasing discounts for the fall.

By this time last year discounted rates for regular visitors, AP holders, and Florida residents for the fall were all out already. Makes me think Disney thought they would more booked by now too. I wonder how long they'll hold out on not releasing discounts for the fall.
Will be interesting to see if there’s any movement when some of the current discounts expire 4/27.

Still 28 resorts open the week of Sept 28-Oct 4. I checked about 4 weeks ago and only 26 showed up. Weird.

It's a good old fashion game of chicken.

It's a good old fashion game of chicken.

I wonder if the fans who are strictly Star Wars (not Disney) are just going to California instead since it opens first. I know people keep saying Star Wars fans are crazy and will go to both locations, but I'm betting those numbers are quite small.

If you aren't really a huge Disney parks fan, I can see the draw of just going to the one that opens first.

Then the rest of us Disney nuts will still be coming in droves to Florida. :)

I wonder if the fans who are strictly Star Wars (not Disney) are just going to California instead since it opens first. I know people keep saying Star Wars fans are crazy and will go to both locations, but I'm betting those numbers are quite small.

If you aren't really a huge Disney parks fan, I can see the draw of just going to the one that opens first.

Then the rest of us Disney nuts will still be coming in droves to Florida. :)
I think a good chuck of hard core Star Wars fans are also not Disney fans or Disney Parks fans. This is why Disney held big panels and activities at Star Wars Celebration to get people interested in it.

I think a good chuck of hard core Star Wars fans are also not Disney fans or Disney Parks fans. This is why Disney held big panels and activities at Star Wars Celebration to get people interested in it.

Yeah I'm getting this feeling too. I've spent a lot of time on the "big" Star Wars fan boards trying to gauge SGE interest and I've found VERY little talk of SGE or people planning trips to visit it. I wonder if it will take a little while for word of mouth to spread across the Star Wars fanbase.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm getting this feeling too. I've spent a lot of time on the "big" Star Wars fan boards trying to gauge SGE interest and I've found VERY little talk of SGE or people planning trips to visit it. I wonder if we will take a little while for word of mouth to spread across the Star Wars fanbase.
Yep, when I was at Celebration I think many Uber Star Wars fans were either unaware or knew little about SWGE. They cheered a lot for things that were already pretty well known to us.

Yesterday, I had no problem adding one night to our stay at All Star Sports (now Oct. 15-26). There is still some availability, at least.

I'm still wagering that many (most?) are waiting for the full open, where both new attractions will be available. Dropping $1000's on a vacation I'm sure has people waiting until they can go and experience everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter