Curious to see how fast resorts start to fill up. Post your experience!

It seems that these extra, extra magic hours are a pretty huge carrot that Disney is dangling in an effort to fill up their resorts and hotels. With so many reports lately regarding tons of availability during the opening months, Disney sure is going all-out to try to woo people to make a reservation this Fall...My guess is that it will work!

I agree!

It's great, but I hope this isn't the method they decide to use going forward in lieu of any discounts...at least give me a small AP discount next May! ;)

It seems that these extra, extra magic hours are a pretty huge carrot that Disney is dangling in an effort to fill up their resorts and hotels. With so many reports lately regarding tons of availability during the opening months, Disney sure is going all-out to try to woo people to make a reservation this Fall...My guess is that it will work!

I already had an off-site stay in October for a really good rate (less than $100 per night) so I booked a tent campsite for one night to get access to EEMH. I would have booked 2 nights, but there was no availability for a tent site the 2nd night I wanted. So it sort of worked on me, seems there may be a lot of pseudo campers.

We are going 9-17 through 9-24 - just checked availability for the week and most if not all resorts still have rooms. Looked like only GF and BW were booked up. I think a lot of people who are going just for GE, may be staying offsite. I am happy to see the EEMH - and since I will be there about 3 weeks after the opening, I hope to get a decent strategy to get into GE and explore. The EEMH at DW seems to be the equivalent of the reservation system at DL, and that did fill their rooms.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts