Current castaway club gift on the Magic?

i've never been on a disney cruise, so i know i won't be getting a gift, but i watched a video of castaway cay and just as ppl were getting off of the ship there was a table of bags. i'm curious about this. i love bags. any idea what this was, if it is typical to hand out bags by the ship?

I am not a fan of the sling bag, we have four. Too bad PrincessShmoo and I do not live close to one another. We could trade. :goodvibes I wish they would bring back beach towels. That is something I would use and use often.

I would love a beach towel! We have so many beach bags - and I don't use them at all. One year we got a really nice Castaway Cay backpack. I use that all the time. I haven't used the sling bag since it is kind of small.

i've never been on a disney cruise, so i know i won't be getting a gift, but i watched a video of castaway cay and just as ppl were getting off of the ship there was a table of bags. i'm curious about this. i love bags. any idea what this was, if it is typical to hand out bags by the ship?

Not sure what kind of bag you saw in the video, but we've been to CC five times and have never been given any type of bag when getting off the ship. They do sell insulated cooler totes though, maybe that's what you saw?

Not sure what kind of bag you saw in the video, but we've been to CC five times and have never been given any type of bag when getting off the ship. They do sell insulated cooler totes though, maybe that's what you saw?
yes it very well could have been a cooler. its a table set up next to the towels they hand out. the bag is tan with dark blue trim and straps. it's only on the video for a couple of seconds. i wonder how much they cost. thank you for your reply!

We bought one a few years ago, ours was mostly navy with a red bottom and red straps. We also got 6 bottles of water in ice with it. I think they also sell them with beer in them. We bought it on CC after we got to the beach. The drink servers come around and sell them. When we were on the Wonder this past Spring they were selling them on the ship also on CC day. I don't remember exactly how much we paid for it, but I want to say it was around $25-$30, could have been $40, but no more otherwise we wouldn't have gotten it. It's a nice cooler, well made and held the 6 bottles of water and a lot of ice. We've used it many times since getting it.

yes it very well could have been a cooler. its a table set up next to the towels they hand out. the bag is tan with dark blue trim and straps. it's only on the video for a couple of seconds. i wonder how much they cost. thank you for your reply!

The tan bag w/blue trim is the new DCL cooler bag. Bought one in March and it was around $17. You can buy the bag and water, but I only wanted the cooler bag since we brought our own beverages.

thank you for your replies! i probably don't need another cooler bag. but i do like the looks of this one, i have this strange 'need' for bags... can't help myself. i have a problem...:rolleyes1

thank you for your replies! i probably don't need another cooler bag. but i do like the looks of this one, i have this strange 'need' for bags... can't help myself. i have a problem...:rolleyes1

Right there with you. We just 'had' to buy the Avengers cooler bag on our last trip. Now, we were buying water anyway because we were hiking Vesuvius, but the bag called me. (And as an added bonus, it ticks off my daughter because it has Captain America's logo on one side and she is 'Team Tony' all the way).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!