Current direct cost for sold out resorts?

They have always been able to combine or separate points on contracts (unlike non-Disney owners). Based on a change of rules earlier this year, they can now change UY too. In the past they had to basically maintain 8 wait lists (one for each UY). So if they had inventory in March UY with no interested buyers, a March contract may pass at a low price. While at the same time if they had no inventory of Oct UY and an interested buyer, they may claim an OCT UY contract for a higher price. Earlier this year they gave themselves the ability to change UY on individual points. So now they grab the cheapest contract, say 200 Sept UY, and they split it and sell 8, 25 point contracts with varying UY's. I am sure the Disney accountants can tell us exactly how much more money that meant for the business. Disney is a business and they act in such a way to maximize income for the stockholders. All these new rule changes are done in an attempt to make more money. Whether that is right or not is a different conversation.

Whether that is right or not is a different conversation.

I'll take the bait...IMO it's actually not too bad.

1) Disney wins as it is now easier for them to sell direct points at a profit.
2) Current owner wins. If Disney is exercising ROFR at a higher rate, it makes it easier to sell current contracts at higher prices.
3) Prospective resale owners lose. However, as a prospective owner who may purchase on the resale, why would Disney look out for my best interest?
4) Prospective direct owners win. More options is not a bad thing.

What about BCV and BWV? I have heard they won't even put you on the waitlist for those anymore. True or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter