Current DVC tour incentives

How long is the tour? I would like to see CCV before hopping on the boat to HDDR.

It takes 1.5 hrs. Prepare to DIE over the CC cabins. ::::drool::::

CCV is gorgeous, too. We purchased there.

We will be at The World next week and are actually interested in DVC, as we are staying on rented points! Yesterday, I called and made the tour reservation and was promised 3 fast passes per person. It did not occur to me until after to check about gift cards (I just assumed it was part of the package), when I called back last night to confirm they said our incentives did not include gift cards. I thought more about it today and felt that without gift cards, the time out of our vacation would not be worth the hassle. When I called today to try one last time, stating that the impact was too great and that we'd cancel without gift cards. They simply cancelled the reservation without offering any gift cards.

We are actually interested in DVC, but would really enjoy the magical extras to make up for impacting our vacation. Now we have to gamble with being able to make a Kiosk reservation that works for us next week...

We just got back from WDW last night. We were in the CR on Tuesday afternoon and were offered 3 fast passes for everyone in the party and a $75 gift card for both myself and my DW ($150 total). Tempting...but we passed. We were staying on points we rented from a close family friend. My parents are also members so we know DVC we’ll. Would love to own but it just wouldn’t be financially responsible for us at this point.

Anybody know if my traveling group does the tour seperately if we all get multiple fastpasses, or just get 3 fastpasses once? like if my wife and I do the tour and get 3 fastpasses for the party, and then my SIL does the tour with her husband, does our group get another 3 fastpasses again?

Anybody know if my traveling group does the tour seperately if we all get multiple fastpasses, or just get 3 fastpasses once? like if my wife and I do the tour and get 3 fastpasses for the party, and then my SIL does the tour with her husband, does our group get another 3 fastpasses again?
Current owners usually don't get anything and don't get an appointment time unless you plan on buying right away. You just show up for the member time in the afternoon.

Current owners usually don't get anything and don't get an appointment time unless you plan on buying right away. You just show up for the member time in the afternoon.
Earlier in this thread, somebody said current owners still get fast passes, and I would love to see the Riviera models in person. Even if I don't get anything, I'd still like to see the new rooms.

Earlier in this thread, somebody said current owners still get fast passes, and I would love to see the Riviera models in person. Even if I don't get anything, I'd still like to see the new rooms.
The RIV DVC owners tour when we did it in early May there was no fast passes. Just some beverages and snacks when you first show up. If you set up a time and do the whole tour you would get them. We did in the fall when we did it with a relative.

The RIV DVC owners tour when we did it in early May there was no fast passes. Just some beverages and snacks when you first show up. If you set up a time and do the whole tour you would get them. We did in the fall when we did it with a relative.

Same here.

What are the hours the tours are usually offered?
Members tour is 2PM-3:30 daily, including weekends (we were told we had to be there at 2pm, but people who arrived later just toured with someone else). It took about 30 minutes total.
Prospective members are by appointment, so you just need to call or stop by a kiosk. The non-member tour is much longer.

We are staying at the AKL and thinking about making a dvc purchase . Where and when is the best place to maximise our viewing and receive the best benefits for our time . Thanks guys

We are staying at the AKL and thinking about making a dvc purchase . Where and when is the best place to maximise our viewing and receive the best benefits for our time . Thanks guys
If you buy direct, you'll get the same benefits as every other purchaser. There is no best benefits. Look into resale as well. Don't buy on this trip. Tour the models at Saratoga Springs, but don't sign on the line.

I bought direct points but I did everything remotely since I didn’t want to spend any of my vacation time doing the tour. They assured me that, when I arrive for my vacation in October, that I will still get the incentive fast-passes even though I did everything remotely. We’ll see soon if that’s true....

Make sure you do all the research prior to touring/buying. Buying both resale and direct make sense for a lot of people and just buying resale makes sense for others.

I bought direct points but I did everything remotely since I didn’t want to spend any of my vacation time doing the tour.
Keep in mind that if you do not live in the US you may not be able to do everything remotely for a direct purchase. For us taking the tour and asking a lot of questions was the best way to make a decision. But as we live in Ontario Canada we had to purchase at Disney. I do agree though to not purchase on your first tour, if you haven't already researched and thought it through. :)

So if I do the tour for the sign up what should they be offering me ? I did the Hilton one and they gave us free $200USD gift certifcate

So if I do the tour for the sign up what should they be offering me ? I did the Hilton one and they gave us free $200USD gift certifcate
I am interested in what incentives are available as well. We will be traveling in 2 weeks. FP + gift cards we take a tour anything less I will just order the dvd.

Following
I am interested to learn more in DVC
We will be staying at the boardwalk (booked a BWV studio directly through Disney reservation center with AP discount) and I would like to do a tour while the kids are napping with DH on a resort break
Can we do the tour at Boardwalk?
Would we all get fastpass+ that way? I guess it would just be one gift card but it would be worth it for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!