Current incentive for doing DVC tour?

I would never make that decision alone, however I know my husband will never sit through these things. If we make major purchases we know who is best qualified to sit through the informational meetings or whatever we are looking at. I am not going to do the research to buy a tractor, but when DH is done he shares it with me and we both decide. We are that divide and conquer couple I guess.
WE also NEVER commit to anything the moment the presentations is completed. We learned that lesson 26 years ago when we signed for a window and siding package right after the first salesman came. We needed to beat feet the next morning to withdraw within the three day window becuase after he left and it all sunk in we realized we had two more estimates to research, and thank goodness we did! That package was over $15000 more than the one we settled on. Never again! WE wait and discuss and sleep on any major decision.

You and I think very much alike. :cutie: I would do the same. I did not purchase DVC the day I toured in the early 90's. Because I have to think about, consider all facets. I just wanted to let you know that it is standard protocol within timeshare world that if married both spouses must attend. DVC has really loosened up on that. Other TS? Not at all that I know of.

You and I think very much alike. :cutie: I would do the same. I did not purchase DVC the day I toured in the early 90's. Because I have to think about, consider all facets. I just wanted to let you know that it is standard protocol within timeshare world that if married both spouses must attend. DVC has really loosened up on that. Other TS? Not at all that I know of.

I do not think they do. DH sat through one and told me never again.

it makes sense to me since most of the conversation was directed to my husband, as it should be. I am not the final decision maker - he is since he is in charge of the home

In charge of YOUR home, but that is not how it works in MY home. The last time a salesman disregarded me during a presentation we left and made my purchase elsewhere. You see, just because my husband chose to accompany me to make a vehicle purchase, the vehicle was for me.

In our home we are equals in the decisionmaking process, however be each have areas in which we choose to take the lead in regards to the research, meetings, etc. I will take the lead for DVC because this is my area. If it was that last tractor purchase, I would have been glazing over so DH handled it.

The day DH stated seriously he was in charge of the home he would be handed the entire little red wagon to manage.

since you arent married, I dont think he can be - I could be wrong though - timeshares are very particular about how the paperwork is done

Pretty sure you are incorrect there. Anyone can be on the deed- you don’t need to be married to the other person. I have heard of people having a deed with their kids on it. And if they limited it to people who were legally married they would miss out on a lot of sales.

How do you sign up for the tour? My husband and I are interested in purchasing either BW or AKL. Possibly might have an interest is the DVC that will eventually come at CBR, so we might hold off until that starts selling.

since you arent married, I dont think he can be - I could be wrong though - timeshares are very particular about how the paperwork is done
This is not correct. Unmarried couples can both be on the deed. Disney is very accommodating in this regard.

Pretty sure you are incorrect there. Anyone can be on the deed- you don’t need to be married to the other person. I have heard of people having a deed with their kids on it. And if they limited it to people who were legally married they would miss out on a lot of sales.
Exactly. If you want to pay, they want to sell to you and make it easy. :)

How do you sign up for the tour? My husband and I are interested in purchasing either BW or AKL. Possibly might have an interest is the DVC that will eventually come at CBR, so we might hold off until that starts selling.
You can sign up for a tour at any of the DVC desks you see around the resorts and parks. Look for a flyer in your room if you are staying onsite which might mention the gift card bonus for taking the tour, otherwise be sure to ask about it when you schedule your tour.
You may find that they are reluctant to sell resorts other than Copper Creek or Aulani direct since they are the currently promoted resorts, but if you are persistent you should be able to learn about direct availability at your choice of resorts. Like you said though, waiting for the Riviera DVC might make sense, but if you have the time taking a tour first might get you some info to think about.

Is it possible to do two tours and get incentives both times? We would like to tour Poly and possibly Copper or BLT and wondering if we should just do it in one tour or split them. We are considering purchasing but we won’t be committing while on vacation.

Is it possible to do two tours and get incentives both times? We would like to tour Poly and possibly Copper or BLT and wondering if we should just do it in one tour or split them. We are considering purchasing but we won’t be committing while on vacation.
No, they keep a list of who has already gotten the incentives.

Can you still get the incentives on different trips? I went in January and took the tour. I was interested, but it didn't make sense at the time. I'm going again in November and I'd like to tour again.

How do I get a referral? We are actually interested in possibly purchasing with my sister-in-law and and incentives might help get her husband in to actually going

We have received the $100 and fp+s 3 times. We go once a year and stay club. On the 2nd day there is an invitation left in the room. We have taken the tour several times and have never bought. They keep inviting us back, I don’t know why. I don’t feel guilty doing it every yea because we receive the invitation. We have no intention of ever buying.

We received an offer in the mail a year ago to receive $40 gift card after calling them and watching a video online. I couldn’t get the video to work, but I received the gf.

Anyone can get the tour by going to the doc rep in the hotel. Ask what incentives they are offering.

My husband and I did the open house this past Sunday at SS at 8:30 in the morning. Before the presentation we were offered coffee, juice, danishes and apple turnovers. We watched a cheesy 5 minute ad, then were sat with a woman who asked us questions about how we tour Disney and where we usually stay, handed me a calculator to do math (not very fun first thing in the morning), and was very pushy about making a sale but super nice about it. We then got cupcakes, cans of soda, and ice cream sundaes. We both received a $75 gift card (so 150 total) and each got 3 master FPs to be used within 4 days. It took about 90 mins total, but we had nowhere to be until noon so we found it to be well worth it. We used our gift card to pay for our meal at Boma, and the remaining $50 at the character warehouse outlet, so that made it even MORE worth our time. We aren't interested in dvc since we will be moving to Central Florida within the next 6 months, but the gift card alone was worth it for us.

My husband and I did the open house this past Sunday at SS at 8:30 in the morning. Before the presentation we were offered coffee, juice, danishes and apple turnovers. We watched a cheesy 5 minute ad, then were sat with a woman who asked us questions about how we tour Disney and where we usually stay, handed me a calculator to do math (not very fun first thing in the morning), and was very pushy about making a sale but super nice about it. We then got cupcakes, cans of soda, and ice cream sundaes. We both received a $75 gift card (so 150 total) and each got 3 master FPs to be used within 4 days. It took about 90 mins total, but we had nowhere to be until noon so we found it to be well worth it. We used our gift card to pay for our meal at Boma, and the remaining $50 at the character warehouse outlet, so that made it even MORE worth our time. We aren't interested in dvc since we will be moving to Central Florida within the next 6 months, but the gift card alone was worth it for us.

If you do a tour, what info does the DVC rep require of you? Drivers license, income, personal info? Was thinking of suggesting my friend check it out but she said she hates being asked personal questions!

Does anyone know if the van that they use for pick up/drop off for these visits has carseats for infants? Just wondering if we'd be able to bring our baby with us.

We just got back and on the 2nd to last day we got an invite that was slid under our door at the Yacht Club to take a tour and receive a 100.00 gift card. We didn’t do it because we really didn’t want to fit it in at that point. If we had gotten the offer sooner, we would have done it.

We are thinking of doing the DVC Tour during our next vacation in WDW in March 2019.
We arrive at the AKL at Monday. The only time slot where we could do the tour is Tuesday, from 11 am to 1 pm. What's the probability that they can accomodate us when we book the tour at the dvc counter at AKL the day before? Or should we pre-book and risk to loose the gift card?
Thanks for your advice!

We are thinking of doing the DVC Tour during our next vacation in WDW in March 2019.
We arrive at the AKL at Monday. The only time slot where we could do the tour is Tuesday, from 11 am to 1 pm. What's the probability that they can accomodate us when we book the tour at the dvc counter at AKL the day before? Or should we pre-book and risk to loose the gift card?
Thanks for your advice!
When we did the tour in August it was a bit of a fluke. I was just standing in the shade @ the DVC booth waiting for my wife and chatting with the rep when it dawned on him that we might really like the presentation (we were headed out of the park for the afternoon to pack and they'd give us rides instead of using the bus - almost not even out of our way). I don't remember there being time slots but I guess there must have been. I would just go to the booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter