Current incentive for doing DVC tour?

Did the Tour on April 30- received $150 in e giftcard ($75 each but all on one card) within minutes after icecream :) also received 3 fastpasses each to use on anything except FOP, N'avi River, 7 Dwarves mine train, Slinky, Aliens (don't know about Toy STory Mania)

BTW - they only had a model of Riviera. I loved the set up there though. THE BED PULLED DOWN ONTO THE SOFA - NOT OUT OF THE SOFA. Caps because it was cool :)
Thanks for the info.

If you are an owner and would like to do the tour, how do you arrange it? I tried using the DVC online “request a tour” page but it has been crashing for the last couple of days. TIA,

If you are an owner and would like to do the tour, how do you arrange it? I tried using the DVC online “request a tour” page but it has been crashing for the last couple of days. TIA,
If you want to buy, you call your guide. If you just want to take a look at what they have now, they have a regularly scheduled times for owners to visit. You'll need to call your guide for that time.

Thank you for the quick reply! Now a new question...I do not have a guide. We purchased 20 years ago and our guide is long since gone. I’m sure DVC would assign me one but I would prefer to get a recommendation. Anyone have a guide they would recommend?

Thank you for the quick reply! Now a new question...I do not have a guide. We purchased 20 years ago and our guide is long since gone. I’m sure DVC would assign me one but I would prefer to get a recommendation. Anyone have a guide they would recommend?

You actually do have a guide, they would have assigned you one when your original guide left. You can probably find the name on the member site, or Member Service would be able to look it up for you.

If you’re looking for guide recommendations, try posting on our DVC-Member Services board. You’ll find a lot more members hanging out on that board than this one. :)

I'll be staying at Pop Century next week. I was actually surprised to receive a mailing with a tour offer for a $50 Disney eGift card, especially since all of my stays have been at moderate, value, or Swan/Dolphin hotels... and I thought that DVC was for people who paid for Deluxe-style accommodations.

I'm actually kind of intrigued, since I'll be at WDW for a few days solo so I don't feel a lot of pressure to maximize my days. I actually am not in a position to buy DVC today (although I go to WDW 2-3 times a year, I'm not interested in financing the purchase, so I'll want to have a lot of disposable cash and perhaps married if I ever buy).

A couple of questions:
  • Is there a chance I could get a better visit offer if I wait to book when I'm at WDW?
  • Will the sales people resent a solo traveler taking a tour if there's no chance of closing a sale for at least another 5 years? (I am genuinely curious about how DVC works and what the rooms look like but I'm absolutely not buying it as a single guy until I can afford to pay in full and travel deluxe-style.)
  • Is it really just 60-90 minutes of my time? I hear horror stories of timeshare presentations where they keep you all afternoon... just not at Disney.

I'll be staying at Pop Century next week. I was actually surprised to receive a mailing with a tour offer for a $50 Disney eGift card, especially since all of my stays have been at moderate, value, or Swan/Dolphin hotels... and I thought that DVC was for people who paid for Deluxe-style accommodations.

I'm actually kind of intrigued, since I'll be at WDW for a few days solo so I don't feel a lot of pressure to maximize my days. I actually am not in a position to buy DVC today (although I go to WDW 2-3 times a year, I'm not interested in financing the purchase, so I'll want to have a lot of disposable cash and perhaps married if I ever buy).

A couple of questions:
  • Is there a chance I could get a better visit offer if I wait to book when I'm at WDW?
  • Will the sales people resent a solo traveler taking a tour if there's no chance of closing a sale for at least another 5 years? (I am genuinely curious about how DVC works and what the rooms look like but I'm absolutely not buying it as a single guy until I can afford to pay in full and travel deluxe-style.)
  • Is it really just 60-90 minutes of my time? I hear horror stories of timeshare presentations where they keep you all afternoon... just not at Disney.
Unless you change your reservation to the Grand Floridian or another deluxe resort, probably not. Yeah, unless you decide to buy it will be about 60 to 90 minutes.

Unless you change your reservation to the Grand Floridian or another deluxe resort, probably not. Yeah, unless you decide to buy it will be about 60 to 90 minutes.
I've received better offers while staying at both Caribbean Beach and Coronado. You can kind of get them to move the tour along to be less time. Don't ask a lot of questions etc.

I've received better offers while staying at both Caribbean Beach and Coronado. You can kind of get them to move the tour along to be less time. Don't ask a lot of questions etc.
I think it’s 25 per person in a value that attends (adults only), 50 per person for moderate and 75 per person for deluxe. At least that is what I’ve been told.

I think it’s 25 per person in a value that attends (adults only), 50 per person for moderate and 75 per person for deluxe. At least that is what I’ve been told.
We also got a targeted offer under our door last year at Beach Club Villas for $100!

If I do a tour in October, can I use the incentive fastpasses on my next trip in December? It looks like the only day I have time to do a tour is the last day of our October trip before we fly out. I am assuming they do not offer tours after 5pm.

BTW - they only had a model of Riviera. I loved the set up there though. THE BED PULLED DOWN ONTO THE SOFA - NOT OUT OF THE SOFA. Caps because it was cool :)

Just FYI (because it IS SUPER COOL) the renovated values are being given murphy beds (that fold down onto the sofa from the wall) :) When we go back in a couple of years we want to stay at POP and I'm looking forward to all the extra floor space when we aren't sleeping!

Just FYI (because it IS SUPER COOL) the renovated values are being given murphy beds (that fold down onto the sofa from the wall) :) When we go back in a couple of years we want to stay at POP and I'm looking forward to all the extra floor space when we aren't sleeping!
At POP the Murphy bed actually comes down onto a table (not sofa) and it is really cool and a nice way to create extra, useful space during the day!

A couple of questions:
  • Will the sales people resent a solo traveler taking a tour if there's no chance of closing a sale for at least another 5 years? (I am genuinely curious about how DVC works and what the rooms look like but I'm absolutely not buying it as a single guy until I can afford to pay in full and travel deluxe-style.) They have no problems showing the place to solo travelers.
  • Is it really just 60-90 minutes of my time? I hear horror stories of timeshare presentations where they keep you all afternoon... just not at Disney. 60-90 is about right for a first time person. It is nothing like anyone else's tour. Sit back and enjoy and ask questions for this one. It is a pleasant experience.
  • I answered 2 questions in the body of your post above. You may have to click to expand it.

So if renting points at bay lake, we would each get 75$ gift card & 3 fastpasses right? (2adults). How long total should be plan for it (pickup and all)? We have dinner at narcoosee’s at 5 the day we could do it. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!