Current TA incentive for booking Disney cruise

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello all. Wondering if there is on board credit incentives for using a TA currently? I usually do all of our booking since we are DVC but would like the free OB spending

You should also make sure you like your TA no point in using one if you don't mesh with them. I am sure there are many which offer an onboard credit, I know Dreams who own this website do. I use Small World Vacations and have for years. Very happy with my TA.

We use Costco. No OB credit, but you get around 8.5% of the cruise fare back in a Costco gift card after the cruise. If you pay with their credit card, you get another 3% back. If you are an executive member, you get another 2% back. It really adds up!

We use Costco. No OB credit, but you get around 8.5% of the cruise fare back in a Costco gift card after the cruise. If you pay with their credit card, you get another 3% back. If you are an executive member, you get another 2% back. It really adds up!

Do you get the same if you transfer to them? The 2% and 3% in the deposit as well?

Do you get the same if you transfer to them? The 2% and 3% in the deposit as well?
Yes, it's all the same benefits for a Costco transfer. You just have to transfer to them within 30 days of the initial booking. And their rebates will be in addition to whatever discounts/credits (such as OBB) you're able to get via DCL. I have been able to have my Costco gift cards completely cashed out at Costco customer service, btw. I don't shop at Costco much, but I love getting the cash back after our cruises.

We've just booked for the August 5th 2019 sailing with Dreams Unlimited and receive $200 credit.

Very happy to put custom the way of DU for all the entertainment we get from DIS Unplugged podcasts and videos.

Wondering if there is on board credit incentives for using a TA currently?

DCL does not dictate TA perks. Different TAs may offer varying perks - onboard credit, photo package, gift basket, transfers, etc. - or no perks. Be sure to ask your TA what they offer if a perk is important to you.

Enjoy your cruise!

I definitely dont need any hand holding either as we usually go to WDW every 45 to 60 days from NJ however I like free money :) what kind of savings do you get through costco vs dcl? We are BJs and Sams members but will buy a costco membership if the savings is worth it.

I definitely dont need any hand holding either as we usually go to WDW every 45 to 60 days from NJ however I like free money :) what kind of savings do you get through costco vs dcl? We are BJs and Sams members but will buy a costco membership if the savings is worth it.
Here is the list of benefits for booking with Costco:

Thanks! Thats good to know. We were thinking about using some of our DVC points but didnt want to blow all 500 on a cruise :) will definitely look into costco

Hello all. Wondering if there is on board credit incentives for using a TA currently? I usually do all of our booking since we are DVC but would like the free OB spending
Each TA determines what, if any, incentives they will offer for using their services. You'd have to check whichever TAs you are interested in to see what their incentives are.

Thanks! Thats good to know. We were thinking about using some of our DVC points but didnt want to blow all 500 on a cruise :) will definitely look into costco

We rent out our dvc points with a broker and book our cruises with Costco with cash. We don’t go to Disney anymore, we just cruise. If you rent out your points, you can easily pay for a cruise :)

The price is the same no matter where you book your Disney cruise. Only the incentives from the travel agencies vary.

After your first cruise, book a placeholder on board for your next cruise and transfer to your travel agent. That way, you get 10% off the cruise fare and an onboard credit from Disney cruise line PLUS all the other incentives from your travel agent. That makes booking the cruise the lowest!

The Costco thing is how I book as well but that’s mostly because we constantly shop at Costco. Just braved weekend crowds there today, sigh. Anyway be aware that if you get a membership just for the perks of DCL booking, you have to be a member when you book and also when your cruise ends. Someone on here was very upset to find that out because he had booked so early and the timing was weird (maybe Costco counts it by calendar year, I can’t recall the details exactly) that he ended up with 3 years of Costco membership that he didn’t need.

Like many have said on here before, shop TAs, many are online. If you don't need a quote, but just want to know what their perks are, tell them. It takes time to work up a quote. You can just let them know what category you want to stay, the itinerary, and how many nights, and most should be able to tell you what they do as on board credit or their own perks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!