*Curves* website???

*Flower*

Needs to Win the Lottery!!
I've been looking around the web, and can't seem to find a website for 'Curves'.

Does anyone have any idea of where to look?

Has anyone found one for them???

HELP!!!

and TIA.......

I have went on to yahoo search to find some websites awhile ago. There was no information on there. It was just a brief outline of what Curves is.

I ended up going to the actual place and got all my info there. Now I am a Curves member, and I love it!!!!!

Kim

Thanks Kim......

I guess I'll check the phone book or something. I wanted to find the locations in my area, and this will take a bit more searching to do...... oh well......

Thanks eeyore74!!!!!

I took a look around, and found out that there's one near me.

I'm kind of concerned about the fact that they aren't open very many hours, but I'll be giving my local Curves a call soon!!

I really appreciate it..... :teeth:

I just joined Curves this week and have only been to 2 workouts, so it is really early to say how things are going, but I just wanted to let you know that I really like it. I had been talking about joining for almost two months, and my sister made an appointment for me there to get me moving. It is a really comfortable atmosphere for me with only women there, and I feel so good after I work out. I think I am really going to enjoy it, I hope you have a similar experience.

I joined Curves on the 9th of June - so just under 2 months going for me.......

I love it!! I go 3 times a week - usually M/W/F, but have sometimes gone M/Th/Sat.

At my 1 month measure/weigh in - I had lost 10.3 lbs, 8.75 inches, and almost 8 lbs body fat. I can't wait for my month 2 checkin!!

I really recommend this - a 1/2 hr workout with women in all stages of weightloss - no attitude!

Can any current member give me an idea of their daily hours and approximate cost???

AND......... what do you usually wear to exercise in?????

I'd really appreciate it.......

TIA!!

My sil checked into Curves in Houston. She was told there was a registration fee of $54 and about 30/month? I don't know for sure, though.

I was a little disappointed in their website. I'm spoiled by the DIS, I think, having lots of info available ;)

I've been curious about them, too, while I'm checking into my options. Do they have classes in various things, or is it just a group of people sitting on exercise bikes / weights/hydraulic machines? Any ideas on their hours?

There are not set classes. There are a number of hydraulic machines and recovery stations inbetween. You are only at a machine or a station for 30 seconds before moving on. My Curves only has 9 machines and we go around 3 times. Some facilities have more machines and you may only go around twice.

There is a "lady" that tells you "Change stations now" with upbeat music in the background. So with that set up you can come in at any time and start where ever you want.

The hours of the place I go to are: M-F 8:30 - 12 and 3:30 - 7 Sat. 8 - 12. They just added Saturdays this past week. I sure hope they extend teh evening hours soon. This one has only been open 5 weeks.

I love it. I go 2-3 times a week. And it literally only takes 30 minutes! That includes the stretching afterwards.

You can get measured monthly, and check your weight whenever you want. In my first month I lost 13 inches and 4 pounds!!!

What do I wear? Just shorts and a t-shirt. Nothing fancy. These are "real" women. One night I was the skinniest person there... and believe me that is not saying much LOL!!!!

I encourage you to join if it fits your lifestyle. It is a great program.

Debbie

I think that they are opening a Curves just a mile from where I live. I am anxious to start working out there. :)

My curves has the same hours as mentioned above. I just joined last week, and here were my costs:

The normal registration fee is $149. My Curves is currently offering a special, 1/2 off registration, so I paid $74.50. Then there are two ways you can go. You can sign a year contract at $29 (with automatic deduction from your checking), or you can pay month to month for $39. I have heard from several people that if you want to get out of your year contract, you just pay the extra $10 for every month that you have used on your contract. Also, at my Curves, if you signed the year contract, the rest of the summer is free - you don't have to pay a monthly fee until September 1, 2, or 3. My understanding is that since Curves are franchised, some will have different specials going on. You are probably best to call your local Curves and see what kind of deals they have. My sister recommended that I call a few times, because she got different prices when she called a few different times.

At my Curves, there are 10 machines, and we do the circuit 2.5 times.

Go check out your local Curves, call and make an appointment. You can get a free workout, and the person working at Curves that you have your appointment with will go around and show you how to use all of the machines, and tell you about Curves. Nothing to lose by making that free appointment and seeing if you like it!

Hope that helps someone!

Another great thing about Curves is that there are women (and women only!) of all ages, sizes, and stages of weight loss. Any other gym or exercise program I've been involved in has had far too many people who look more like they're doing an ad for the place than actually working out there!

Before I started working at Curves, I never wore makeup and just wore exercise shorts or leggings with a baggy t-shirt. Now that I work there, I at least try to look a little more presentable, and, of course, I wear my Curves t-shirt with my exercise shorts!

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this program and how much it's helped me! I'm slighly overdue for my weigh-in/measure day (was at the beach!), so I don't have my current statistics, but I've gone down two sizes in slacks and just feel so much better! Oh yeah, I didn't feel quite the need to run and grab the swimsuit coverup when I was at the beach or pool on vacation!

It may not be for everyone, but I do encourage everyone to check it out and give it a try. Good luck!

Another thumbs up for Curves ... I joined at the end of March, and I absolutely love it! I do not feel intimidated at all, because most of the clientele (sp?) are over 35 and overweight. The great thing is you can be outta there in 30 minutes, but if you feel like doing an extra round of machines, go for it, and you're still done in less than 45 minutes.

I highly recommend going for a visit.

Mary Liz

30 minutes on each machine?? I find that concept so facinating. Do you feel the workout? I think you would get a workout just from going from one machine to another so quickly. Now I am interested in seeing how this works. Maybe once Cheerleading is over this year, I will have to check it out.

Melanie

Melanie - it's not 30 minutes per machine, it's a 30 minute total workout - 30 seconds per machine.

Cost varies per location or area.....I live in MD (suburb of DC) and in my area the monthly rate w/ year contract is $39 (my co worker lives in a different area of MD and pays $29/month).

I love it!! I've been going now for about 1 1/2 months - 3 x a week (and have been able to keep that up).

At my weigh-in/measure-in after the 1st month, I had lost 8.75 inches and 10.3 lbs. I have just under 2 more weeks before my next measure.

Boy, I just checked in, and what a lot of information you've all provided for me!!!
It looks like I will be searching out my local Curves to check out the hours and maybe ask a few questions!!!

And, I'll remember to ask questions... too!!!

Let see - to cover what hasn't been covered so far...

New Curves franchises generally start with 8 machines and add machines as the # of members grows. (the one I attend has 12).

The individual franchise sets the hours they want to be open Monday - Saturday (all are closed Sundays) Many initially open for a couple of hours in the am and then again for a few hours late afternoon/early evening. (The one I attend is open 6am-8pm M-F and 8a-1p Saturdays - it has been in operation since 10/02) Hours also increase as attendance at the franchise increases.

24 Weight machine stations = a full work out - although you can do up to 36. (thats were the 2-3 times around the circuit comes from)

Cost is based on individual franchises with monthly costs at $29-49/month and full priced initiation fees at approx $150 although they almost always run some sort of special so you don't pay the full amount.

Just about all of them will allow you an initial free workout to see if you like it before you sign up. (so go ahead and try it - what do you have to lose - except pounds and inches)

I have been going to Curves for 3 months and have lost a little over 20 lbs in that time and 36 inches! Its mindless and usually fun and very few women there look like supermodels.

I love all the shapes and ages I encounter, as I would also be intimidated by a gym full of young, hardbodies! There are members as young as 12, and as old as 80. Some people are over 300 ponds and trying to reduce, others might be 100 ponds soaking wet and are just trying to maintain muscle tone and flexibility. I've seen people in long pants and long sleeved tops, and others in sports bras and running shorts, but most are in T-shirts and comfy shorts.

But I rarely, if ever, encounter anyone who is not supportive and friendly.

And thanks for the link! I discovered that there is a Curves within 5 miles of the resort where I'm vacationing next week. Yay!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter