Cynthia's "love speech"

In keeping with Ms. Sarangel's suggestion, I have started a new thread with some speicifc "do's". We can leave this thread specifically for the Disneyland lay-off issues.

I'm no bicker, but I'm going to introduce some bickerlike logic to this thread (I know you all thought you were safe bwahaha)

First, Having been through a couple of hemoraging layoffs, I can safely say that typically managment knows that that is not the only answer. And therefore, they have some sort of strategy.

Secondly, AV, you presume that every one of those ventures ddirectly ties to another which simply isn't true, plus, you imply that they are all bad executive decisions which also isn't true (or at least we have no data either way.)

Finally, we have no way of knowing that there were better decisions to be made that would have avoided the layoffs.

(and no, the answer that there must have been otherwise the layoffs wouldn't have happened isn't valid)

The Economics of 2001 are different from those of 1992, 1955.

Yes, creating quality product goes a long way to financial success, it isn't the only thing.

finally, just as an aside about Shrek, As I see it, Dreamworks SKG took Disney's Idea (using an outside computer animation firm) to create a good film, the only difference is the nature of the storyline.

Jeffery Katzenberg has done nothing good with all of that "Talent" he hired away. (Well, maybe Chicken Run) That suggests to me that in fact there is no proof, specifically citing animation that Disney's cuts are wrong, because nobody has done any better.

You simply can't use Shrek in the equation.

An intersting Aside, I could be wrong, but I believe that Dreamworks owns Gameworks which is a resturant/arcade (think Dave n' Busters) that came out around the same time as Disneyquest. I don't know how many there are across the country, I suspect far fewer then Dave n' busters. They have worse food then Dave n' busters and comprable games. Disneyquest is 1000% better.

Just another example of how Disney isn't always the most inept company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!