Cypress Pointe (by Diamond resorts)

Monykalyn

DIS Veteran
Booked a short stay via Orbitz May 18-May 21, 2018
2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit, lockout unit (meaning it has a studio attached, that when rented becomes part of a 3 bed/3bath unit). I sent a request for top floor and it was granted. We were in a building right by pool and next to main lobby/check in. There is also a convenience type store here (limited hours)

Pros:
Great price via Orbitz
Check in was easy, parking pass issued
Unit was in fairly good shape (under cabinet lighting in master bath broken on one side), beds comfortable, black out drapes
Small private screened lanai
Fully furnished Kitchen
Layout was nice as far as placement of bedrooms
Had hallway lighting that could act as night light if needed
Stackable washer/dryer.
Large flat screen TVs in bedrooms and living room
Pool looked very nice, water slide, lots of loungers. Get to use the pool at Grande Villas as well. We did walk over there one night to go the convenient mart (was open later) and it is a quick and easy walk.

Cons:
Parking was an absolute nightmare if you returned after about 8pm. The later it got the worse the parking was. WAAAAAYYYY too cars for the limited spaces and clearly more units than parking spaces (even if only one car per unit). Fire lanes and hydrants blocked all night and with cars parked everywhere very narrow lanes. Parking did ease up after Saturday night, but there were always cars parked along curb and in fire lanes.

Resort fee $7 per night plus tax. $100 hold on CC for deposit (mine was returned after 6 days)

Must avoid the TS "welcome" package spiel at all costs-I am a TS owner so know to never ever stop for the "welcome" or "farewell" package.

Could hear noise from studio lockout first night-however it was kinda hilarious as it was a guy singing in the shower. With bedroom doors closed didn't hear him. But you could hear doors slam etc from the other unit on that end of condo.

Weird layout for master bath-double doors opened out, but the light switches were on outside of bathroom and with doors open-hidden behind doors.

The furniture in the living room was extremely uncomfortable.

No elevator.

I didn't take pictures but it looks just as advertised on Orbitz and their sight.

Overall-was a good value for what I paid, was nice having full kitchen and laundry (especially after getting caught in rain at epcot). Probably wouldn't go back simply due to parking situation.

Thank you for this review. We are staying at Cypress Pointe in May of 2019 for a week. Scored a 3 bedroom unit for $449 for the entire week and that's including all the taxes and fees.

Can I ask where you got that price from?

I use this thing called "Dream Vacation Week". When I get these theres a card inside with a certificate # and code you enter then once your certficate is activated you can look up to 6 months in advance at all types of different locations around the world with Orlando being one of them. A studio unit runs $299 per week, 1 bedrooms run $369, 2 bedrooms run $399, and 3 bedrooms run $449.

I've stayed at Cypress Pointe three different times (last time being December of 2019) and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas once. I like the location of the resort (near downtown Disney) and the resort amenities. I would not hesitate to stay again in either of these.

If needing to do a retail rental and wanting a nice timeshare resort for a few days, it's usually one of the most reasonable rates on official websites (Diamond Resorts). It's way less expensive to stay here than say one of the Marriott timeshares, the Sheraton Vistana Resort, or Hilton Grand Vacation Club - Seaworld, for example. These other places are a little nicer perhaps, but I think most people would be totally satisfied with Cypress Pointe. Sometimes they offer some pretty big discounts for AAA. (Do note that for a week long stay Fri-Fri, Sat-Sat, or Sun-Sun, renting from a timeshare owner is going to be a more economical way to go than retail by a bunch.)

It's my go to place if I need a three bedroom place in Orlando (e.g. only two bedroom units for the most part are available at most Orlando timeshares). Do note that the lockout master has a bathroom toilet without privacy - a little weird (Dimond resorts even mentions this on their website.) This is not the case in the other master bedroom. As they have the lockouts (the extra master) and owners have flexible weeks or points, for us it has been one of the easiest timeshares to get a three bedroom trade thru RCI or rental from a timeshare owner on TUG2.net or Redweek.com. These typically go for fewer point than some of the other nice Orlando timeshares too. With a three bedroom you get the two masters, one fairly small second bedroom (has a queen) and three bathrooms. There is a nice screened in patio or balcony and all the other typical nice timeshare condo features. They have warm pools, nice hot tub, shuffleboard, a tennis court, a nice club house, and even a little convenience store that serves sandwiches, etc. I personally think it's a great lodging choice for Orlando.

Anyone have pictures of the pool area? Some websites seem to show an aerial view with a lazy River ? But the description just includes the slide / volcano pool?

Is there a hot tub?

im looking at a studio room for the Wine and Dine RunDisney race…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter