Cystic Fibrosis

Katha

Earning My Ears
Hello Disney friends with disabilities. We are heading to the Sunshine State over Thankgiving. I was wondering if our daughter would be able to have a shorter wait time in lines due to her Cystic Fibrosis? If you have any information that would be helpful to me please advise. Thanks ! Katha:wave:

Welcome.
I'm sure teri will be along soon. She has some good links to previous info from the disABILITIES Board, including info about Guest Assistance Cards (GAC).
You can go to Guest Services in any of the parks to request a GAC. The GAC isn't meant to (and usually doesn't) shorten your time in line, but you will be allowed to wait in a more appropriate place for your child's needs. When you go to Guest Services, be ready to explain what type of assistance would be useful to you. In your case, you may not want to wait in line with other people during cold and flu season.

If you will need any special equipment during the day or any procedures you need to do, like postural drainage, there is a First Aid station in each park. The staff are friendly and it is quiet with individual cubicles with cots and a chair. Medication that needs refrigeration can be stored at First Aid.

Welcome to our board!

Click on the link in my signature and look at the sections on the GAC, and on pacing. Feel free to ask questions!

Many people from the DIS will be there around the same time, so look for green ribbons! :)

My son has Cystic Fibrosis too. We have never had any problems while vacationing at Disney World. As stated before, you can drop off your meds and they will refrigerate any that need to be and store your nebulizer at the First Aid station and they will give you a private area to do your child's meds and CPT when needed. My son prefers to return to the room and do them there (privacy issue, he is 13) plus he can rest for a bit while doing it. Remember to carry plenty of fluids and salty snacks with you, these are greatly needed in Florida, don't want to get that salt line. As always check with your daughter's doctor to see how much she can handle and if any of her meds will be affected by the sun. You can always get a note from her CF doctor if she needs any special assistance. We have gone in August when it is hot and humid and twice in November around Thanksgiving.
Any questions or concerns, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!