D-Day Invasion- "Strange"-ly Imminent!! TRIP REPORT IS UP!!

All7OfUs

<font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into
Code:
Once upon a present time, there are 3 ladies who reside about as far away from each other as physically possible, and live in such different circumstances , that it is hard to imagine how they could have possibly come together to form the 3-Woman,WDW Touring Army known as the Belle Battalion.

For those of you who are just joining us for the final 3 months of this 15 month-long, PTR Marathon

:welcome:WELCOME!!!:welcome:

And, of course, a special welcome, also, to those who’ve been with us a VERY long time! ;)

This is Pt. 3 of quite a saga! Let me first give you brief introduction of the Lady Soldiers:

Soldier #1, the trip instigator, is me- a married gal with 5 little plebes of various ages. I live ½ way around the world in the country of Blankistan, but am presently packing and preparing to move back to where sewers flow freely, road police don’t extract bribes from every motorist, and where every kind of food imaginable is available. Don’t have a favorite character, but my favorite park is World Showcase. Yes, I do consider it a separate park.

DSCN2539.jpg
(That's me the Mama of the brood.)​

Soldier #2, also known as maroo around these parts, lives in the Deep South. Nearly bursting with a big heart, she spends her time ministering to other in a hundred ways every day. I’ll let her further introduce herself in her own way when she is ready.

miscfromcamera120.jpg

(Isn't she full of youthful fun? I can't wait to tour with her!)​

Soldier #3, on the DISBoards as ThePreachersWife, and LeeAnn in real life, is also a busy mom of 5, an elected school board member of a large school district in the Pacific Northwest, a full-time manager in a corporate suites company, and well… a preacher’s wife.

LeeAnn.jpg

(I hope I look that good at 50!)

So, how did 3 such different ladies from such wholly different places form such an Alliance, and what could they possibly have in common?!?! You can find the whole story

HERE!! (That’s Part 2 of the Chronicles we’ve narrated)

Part 1 can be found: HERE!! If you really want to back up a-ways and read a lot! ;) But, just a hint, you might want to do that anyways, for there will be more fun and games coming up in July!! A quick read, just might come in handy. :rolleyes1

In short, LeeAnn and I already knew each other, Liesa and maroo “met” on the DISBoards almost 2 years ago, but essentially, we are more

:scared1::scared1:STRANGERS:scared1::scared1:

than anything!

To answer the question about what we have in common, you’d have to say that this trip is far more than just about Disney World! Each one of us has different and personal reasons for going, but we share the need for a break from REAL LIFE. Each of us does daily battle with life’s everyday Enemies, and we’re ready for a Week of Respite, Relaxation, Refreshment- a Week of Victory as we metaphorically refer to our trip. For more about our personal challenges we face, you can read

HERE!!

For the sake of those how are just joining is, I’ll also give you a quick synopsis, a Cliff Notes version, of the trip’s plans we’ve revealed up to now:

Liesa and Mary arrive on Thurs., Sept. 2 and stay at POP (2nd-5th)

On the 5th, LeeAnn joins us, and we move over to the Poly for some Deluxe pampering.

The 8th, we become Belles of the South by once again switching resorts over to the POR, where we’ll stay until the 13th (maroo leaves the 12th)

The full itinerary and plans can be found

HERE!!

No more changes are anticipated ;)

So, what can you expect from this PTR? Fast-paced action with lots of updates, daily banter that will tickle your funny bone, and touch your soul, a reply to your every post, and incredibly amounts of info. useful to anyone planning a WDW Invasion of their own. I will link every major update in the Table of Contents below, so no need to hunt for those installments. Also, we like to play games around here, so get ready for a fun round of: Ready, Set, Remember! :banana::banana::banana: (There, those are the only bananas you'll find in my presence... :lmao:)

There’s plenty more action in store for the next 3 months, including a mini-TR from Soldier #1’s trip into the Kyrgyz mountains, all kinds of last minute preparations for the trip, and drama from all 4 corners of the globe. Remember, the more you put into a thread, the more you’ll get out of it- so get ready, and

LET’S MARCH!!!

Soldier #2 Introduces Herself!
Adventure Is Out THERE!!
Our Trek Across the Steppe- Live Update!
Trouble in River City!- Live Update #2
A Journey of 2 Thousand Miles Begins with a Single Steppe
One Small Steppe For (a) Man... Pt. 1
One Small Steppe for (a) Man... Pt. 2
A Steppe in the Wrong Direction
Flossbolna's Really Cool German Train Post!!
Stepping Up, and UP, and UP!
A Tender Interlude
Please Steppe Out of the Car!
A Steppe in the RIGHT Direction!
The Chapter with No Clever Title
Mind the Border, Steppe in Time
The Music We March To
The Music We March To- Pt. 2
A Disney Tasty Interlude #2(FTBBQ)
The Music We March To- Pt. 3
The Music We March To- Pt. 4
The Scent of the Trip- Pt. 1- Jasmine
The Scent of the Trip- Pt. 2- Mint
The Scent of the Trip- Pt. 3- Orange

:banana::banana:I'm first, I'm first!!!:banana::banana::banana: I'm praying that the road is smooth and the Visa thing gets straightened out - mama needs to see graduation! Your trip is getting so close!

Hey!! I was first on the other thread, and you were second! We've switched places. :lmao:

:banana::banana:I'm first, I'm first!!!:banana::banana::banana: I'm praying that the road is smooth and the Visa thing gets straightened out - mama needs to see graduation! Your trip is getting so close!

I was wondering if you'd be first this time!! :lmao: I saw your light on and thought you might pop in to say you're here . :goodvibes

Hey!! I was first on the other thread, and you were second! We've switched places. :lmao:

You funny girl! Now that you're leaving, this may be one of the few ways we "see" each other!!! Love you Sweetie- I'm going to miss you SOOOOOOOO much this summer!!

Had to say hi and congrats on blazing the trail into a new thread!

I hope my September trip is truly on for 9/9-9/21. Financial vagaries could still upset my little grass shack, but hoping for stability.

My dad passed away on May 15th and my mom had major (successful) surgery a week later, so I have been in a quite altered reality. I am just now branching into some "regular" life things.

The special thing about this week is that I get to return to Anaheim for a veterinary internal medicine conference. Fantastically enough there are a couple of days after the conference that are for play time. I'm booked in a dining package to see the first night of World of Color, and will be staying at the Paradise Pier with a view into California Adventure. I'll see the back side of WoC from my room. :thumbsup2 Wish everyone could come to party!

Had to say hi and congrats on blazing the trail into a new thread!

I hope my September trip is truly on for 9/9-9/21. Financial vagaries could still upset my little grass shack, but hoping for stability.

My dad passed away on May 15th and my mom had major (successful) surgery a week later, so I have been in a quite altered reality. I am just now branching into some "regular" life things.

The special thing about this week is that I get to return to Anaheim for a veterinary internal medicine conference. Fantastically enough there are a couple of days after the conference that are for play time. I'm booked in a dining package to see the first night of World of Color, and will be staying at the Paradise Pier with a view into California Adventure. I'll see the back side of WoC from my room. :thumbsup2 Wish everyone could come to party!

:rolleyes1... This is the song that never ends... oh, it goes on and on my friend...:rolleyes1

Oh, Heather! I'm so very sorry about your Dad; even with his long illness being terminal, it NEVER easy and always painful! Please accept my most sincere condolences on the loss of your father! Glad to hear your mom came through her trials well, and is on the mend. You will need each other to lean on more these days.

As our trips get closer, let's stay in touch; we need to squeeze in a Meet somehow to give a hug and say howdy. There's 4 nights that overlap- so I'm sure we can work something in!

Hey, you just keep scoring all kinds of lucky dog trips- now one to see WoC??!! That's awesome!! I know, I'd be the first one to take you up on your wishes for everyone to come party, if I could!! ;)

Hi Liesa! I am here. Had to post from my phone because the internet at home was not working... So much about Germany being a highly developped country. I really hope that you will get good news on your passports soon!!!

Hi Liesa! I am here. Had to post from my phone because the internet at home was not working... So much about Germany being a highly developped country. I really hope that you will get good news on your passports soon!!!

I'm here :wave2: I really hope you won't miss the graduation!!!

My Bavarian Friends have reported for duty!!! :yay::yay::yay:

I think everywhere has tempermental internet. Even in the best of places. Glad you have a backup system to use. In iPhone or something like it, is WAYYYYYYYYYYY high up on my 'want-to-get' list when I get back!!

I so hope we:

A) Make it to graduation on time.

B) Don't have to drive all night to do it.

C) Get our passports so we can bribe our way across the country rather than skip from jail to jail. :lmao:

You funny girl! Now that you're leaving, this may be one of the few ways we "see" each other!!! Love you Sweetie- I'm going to miss you SOOOOOOOO much this summer!!

I'm gonna miss you...and you're only going to be missing the hot tub at the house! :lmao:

This is a banana free response.

If I type fast enough I might make it to the first page. I'm looking forward to following along and thanks for the table of contents to help me out with that. I love them.

What a trip report it would make if indeed you end up "skipping from jail to jail". I don't think I've read a report from that angle before.

This is a banana free response.

If I type fast enough I might make it to the first page. I'm looking forward to following along and thanks for the table of contents to help me out with that. I love them.

What a trip report it would make if indeed you end up "skipping from jail to jail". I don't think I've read a report from that angle before.

hahaha! and hopefully, you never will. I shudder to think about what the inside of a Central Asian jail looks like!! :eek:

So glad you made it over, you crazy-busy friend of mine! You have a lot to get done before you leave- IN JUST 24 DAYS!!! :woohoo::scared1::woohoo:

I hope to get one more update done this evening- I do have a bit of news regarding those passports of ours....

even if this made it to page 2 I think that is pretty good for me. :cool1: you're getting so close. And while I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as dh told me last night, really don't get your hopes up... we got a pin and I'm frantically crunching numbers for the end of Nov/beg Dec.

Hopefully I'll be better with posting the next 3 months.;)

even if this made it to page 2 I think that is pretty good for me. :cool1: you're getting so close. And while I'm trying not to get my hopes up, as dh told me last night, really don't get your hopes up... we got a pin and I'm frantically crunching numbers for the end of Nov/beg Dec.

Hopefully I'll be better with posting the next 3 months.;)

JESSICA'S HERE !!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I'd be hot-diggity thrilled if this trip pans out for you!!! I hope that the PIN is just enough to sway your DH to get on board!! Remember, FDM goes a long way in cases like this!

Yes, I do hope you can visit us very often as we get ever closer to our Invasion!

Quick passport/visa update:

GREAT NEWS!!

We just got a call from our Area Leader, and he not only picked them up from the Kyrgyz Embassy at 3:30, but also handed them off to the Express Courier who assures us they will be ON THE AM PLANE, which lands at 1:50 PM tomorrow!!

So, we are about 50% there! It will be A VERY LONG, HARD drive (remember at times it's only a gravel road!) to our "big city" over the next 2 days. We ought to make it JUST IN TIME for our son's awards ceremony and picnic on the 9th. :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo:

Also, as a true, blue Disney Planneroo, you may be asking yourself what I will be doing while in vacation to "enhance, study, perfect, and solidify" the trip. I think I'll be taking one of my Imagineers Field Guides to read (maybe EPCOT) to read, and will bring my spreadsheet to just fine-tune some touring plans. Always plotting, aren't we?

Man, you go through threads faster than tailor Mickey!

Glad to hear the passports/visas sound like they're on their way! :yay:

Okay, was I sleeping under a rock that I didn't know you started this. I remember reading that your PTR was close to the 250 pages, but hadn't realized that you'd started (well, until I went over to Timmy's Trip Report and saw your post).

But I am here...and it doesn't look like I'm too late.

Yay for the Passports/Visas!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter