D.O.C.'s = Dis'ers of Color (Disney Fans of Color)

Would you like a dedicated/featured Forum for D.O.C.'s Dis'ers Of Color & Allies

• Total voters
Apologies if my expression of loss for Chadwick Boseman was more than others felt. This summer has been too much. The year 2020 will go down as Annus Horribilis for so many people of all colors. The events of this Spring/Summer shined a massive spotlight on the injustice and losses experienced by men and women of color.
I am thankful to all of the Dis Community of Color and Allie members. Thank you for the acknowledgment we all can learn from each other. Thank you for notes of encouragement, when I asked "what trouble did I start?" Based on your reception to this thread, I think we all started "Good trouble."
We are still waiting for DIS Board Management to confirm our request to be moved over to our own Forum.
The anticipation of hosting our "D.O.C.'s Family reunion is one of the few things keeping me going. Until then I am counting down the days until the world heals from the Covid pandemic and we are all able to travel safely in numbers.

Thanks for being here,

Wishing everyone Peace, Love, and Light.
Wakanda Forever
AKL Ranger 🦓 🇰🇪 🦁
Please don't feel you need to apologize. Losing Chadwick Boseman is a gut punch, and not just because he was so young and talented. My youngest daughter wanted to watch Black Panther the other night and it was all I could do to keep from crying throughout - particularly when he returns to continue the challenge and proclaims, "And as you can see, I am not dead." I didn't tell my daughter the actor who played Black Panther died because she'll be upset and won't necessarily understand that Black Panther isn't also dead. It's completely understandable that his death hits even harder for those who've lost a superhero who looks like them. 2020 has been a horrible, horrible year.

Last edited:

Have you seen this......
WOW @Welsh_Dragon This is a wonderful performance on “Britain’s Got Talent”, to see the experiences we have witnessed Covid-19, the senseless deaths of people of color, and the Black Lives Matter movement represented in this amazing artistic form, brilliant!
Thank you for sharing this with us.
I am curious is Black Lives Matter gaining recognition among UK Caribbean, UK Africans?

Hoping everyone is staying safe. Wishing you all Peace, Love & Light.
The original AKL Ranger.
Keeping Jambo House safe from poachers. 🦓 🇰🇪 🦁

“King Chad” art installation at Disneyland Resort

A new art installation, titled “King Chad”, was revealed earlier today (9/24/2020) at Downtown Disney. The installation pays tribute to Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman with an inscription by concept artist and Imagineer Nikkolas Smith:
“As a former Disney Imagineer, I had the honor of working on a major children’s hospital initiative and Avengers Campus as my final two assignments. Seeing Chadwick’s heart for people in-person, and later discovering his courageous battle with cancer, I was inspired to create this tribute to honor his life and legacy. To us, he was and will always be T’Challa. Long Live The King.”

Image Credit: @Nikkolas_Smith on Instagram

“My #KingChad tribute is now on display at Downtown Disney. I'm so thankful to be able to honor Chadwick’s life and purpose in this way. I am grateful to the @Disney Family for being so supportive of my journey as an artist.
🐾✨ #LongLiveTheKing
#WakandaForever
@disneyland

BREAKING NEWS D.O.C.’s

Disney plans to update its legendary Four Keys foundation with a fifth key - Inclusion.
It is about time!

The new key represents the company's commitment to cultural transformation, and with it being part of the keys, it will be part of everyday working life for Cast Members.

It took the Disney company 60 years to acknowledge Diversity and Inclusion.Disney released “Princess and the frog“ December 2009, the first Disney Princess of Color.
If the the “Black Lives Matter” movement inspired the Disney Company along with other American corporations to introduce the cultural transformation moving beyond ”Diversity“ to “Inclusion”, then we welcome the these steps.

Who likes animals? Do you like really Big animals?
120090247_252091619444273_1499108309842726471_n.jpg

“Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom” is coming to Disney+ (Premiering September 25th, 2020).
Magic of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the Disney+ docuseries produced by National Geographic premieres on September 25th, 2020.
If you are a lover of animals and you like exotic animals, then you must watch this eight episode documentary.
The official Disney trailer.

Happy Friday :wizard:
Wishing you all Peace Love & Light
Keeping Jambo House safe from poachers
AKL Ranger 🦓 🇰🇪 🦁

Disney plans to update its legendary Four Keys foundation with a fifth key - Inclusion.
<<edit>>
If the the “Black Lives Matter” movement inspired the Disney Company along with other American corporations to introduce the cultural transformation moving beyond ”Diversity“ to “Inclusion”, then we welcome the these steps.

Thank you for this thread. Thank you so much for your on-going efforts and care; you are making a positive difference. :cutie:
I wish I knew the source of this quote, but this immediately came to mind as I read your post and the evolution of awareness and action.

"Diversity is holding a dance open to all. Inclusion is being invited to the dance. Belonging is being asked to select the music."

BREAKING NEWS D.O.C.’s

It is about time!

The new key represents the company's commitment to cultural transformation, and with it being part of the keys, it will be part of everyday working life for Cast Members.

It took the Disney company 60 years to acknowledge Diversity and Inclusion.Disney released “Princess and the frog“ December 2009, the first Disney Princess of Color.

FYI if anyone is interested that in the News forum there is a thread just for this topic

One quote, from someone who has contact with a CM, I thought stood out to me, particularly the part about feeling this will enable CMs and guests to "be their most authentic self without fear". Another poster in taht thread said this is being very, very well received by the CMs so that is good to hear as well
https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-4-keys-to-become-5.3814139/

I am interested to see how this manifests itself in ways that guests will see (beyond the, hopefully, just attitude shift and things less visible) - more types of families represented in shows and attractions? adding pronouns to CM name tags? Gender nutral costume options? Even small things like letting CMs have visible tattoos or piercings?

I was on a webinar the other day (INBOUND 2020) with Bob Iger and Van Jones and they spent some time talking about Chadwick Boseman and inclusion at Disney. I appreciated that Bob said that just because Disney made Black Panther and Coco doesn't mean they're doing enough, that they have more work to do and that they are committed to doing so.

I know not everyone here follows sports so thought I would share this post - the Florida Marlins (baseball team) just signed Kim Ng to be their new general manager - this is the first female and first Asian American to be hired to this level of role (which is basically the most powerful person in the organization other than the owner)

Hey all, love coming back to see whatever updates, news and discussions that everyone shares. I haven't had a chance to really get on the message board lately but I came across this article in my google alerts and wanted to quickly share. pixar soul- Disney Pixar's first black protagonist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter