D1/D2 Summit Hotel Assignment

tmcm611

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to how Varsity assigns hotels/resorts for D1/D2 Summit participants. My DD team earned a PAID bid. Have they historically assigned PAID participants to any particular hotel (value of course), or is it totally random? Maybe it has more to do with the timing of reservations? Anyone have any insight?

Last year I looked at dance and cheer comps as my trip was end of April/ start of May and wanted to see if my hotel would be noisy. The big weekends they had all stars sports fully booked for value range and upgrade to moderate was caribbean for cheerleading (might be different now it has skyliner). Upgrade for dance comps was coronado springs as there where dance comp was held. Maybe look at for the 2019 and 2018 package deals for that competition

Totally random. They don't put all paid bid participants in the same place. Varsity claims to do it based on order in which teams register, but we have had teams get a bid last minute and be in the same hotel as those who got their bids and were registered in January. Once values are full they typically push people to Coronado if necessary.

Thank you @eeyoreandtink! We may do Coronado this year. They put us in All-Star Movies last year, and it was fine, but I bit of an upgrade would be nice!

Thank you @eeyoreandtink! We may do Coronado this year. They put us in All-Star Movies last year, and it was fine, but I bit of an upgrade would be nice!
We have stayed at Coronado and I totally think its worth the upgrade for the pool alone. It is the nicest pool of any moderate IMO and the pool slide is great!

It totally depends on Varsity. Last year our gym was only considering taking 2 teams to summit. The two teams received a bid early on and were assigned a all star resort. Another team placed high enough and recieved a partial bid and were assigned Coronado. I was very surprised they split the gym into different hotels.

You are able to select Value (All Star) or Moderate (CSR/CBR). They say it's based on arrival/departure date but who knows if it's true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter