D23 discount not showing?? Help!!

SarahInMN

Drink your wine with a cheerful heart
Hey all -
We paid for 3 years of Disney+ with the D23 deal. I have the confirmation email and credit card charge so I know it went through.

When we login to Disney+, it asks us to complete our subscription by clicking on the 6.99$ button

Is it not recognizing our subscription and will start charging us right away?

OR
Will it just not charge us until 2022?

I’m irritated we didn’t get instructions and that we can’t get help from Disney+ via twitter, email, or live chat. Although I shouldn’t be surprised: Disney IT has always sucked.

Hey all -
We paid for 3 years of Disney+ with the D23 deal. I have the confirmation email and credit card charge so I know it went through.

When we login to Disney+, it asks us to complete our subscription by clicking on the 6.99$ button

Is it not recognizing our subscription and will start charging us right away?

OR
Will it just not charge us until 2022?

I’m irritated we didn’t get instructions and that we can’t get help from Disney+ via twitter, email, or live chat. Although I shouldn’t be surprised: Disney IT has always sucked.
Mine recognized my account right away and didn’t ask for this.

Mine recognized my account right away and didn’t ask for this.
Shoot. So it is an account problem. What a hot mess. Based on twitter and internet, we are not the only ones.

Shoot. So it is an account problem. What a hot mess. Based on twitter and internet, we are not the only ones.

Could be worse. I'm in the boat of D23 people who have had their accounts completely blocked for reasons unknown to the Level 1 CS Reps. Right now there is no fix, or timetable for the remedy. So I'm out $140 for 3 years of a service I cannot use, and no one seems to know why.

Could be worse. I'm in the boat of D23 people who have had their accounts completely blocked for reasons unknown to the Level 1 CS Reps. Right now there is no fix, or timetable for the remedy. So I'm out $140 for 3 years of a service I cannot use, and no one seems to know why.

Sorry. I don't know why I'm surprised. Disney IT is generally a hot mess as evidence from booking issues and so forth. Given the hype of this, I guess I thought they'd be more prepared. Silly me.

I'm going on 24 hours waiting for email help, 20 hours for twitter help, spent 2+ hours on phone/live chat hold before going to bed, and now I'm back at an hour plus hold.

Its just disappointing they have our money and can't/won't help us.

I have the 3 years, unbundled and I logged in with my email that I used to sign up and clicked “forgot username” yesterday morning. The website sent an email with a code, which I used to login and then change my login.
I was watching Robin Hood within minutes.
Sorry for your trouble. Hopefully my story can help get you to cinematic nirvana!

I have the 3 years, unbundled and I logged in with my email that I used to sign up and clicked “forgot username” yesterday morning. The website sent an email with a code, which I used to login and then change my login.
yup. did that. after getting the code, the platform asked us to select 6.99$ per month or 69$ per year. I'm on hold (again) so I have nothing better to do than read Disney boards and twitter while waiting. SIGH.

Same problem here. The Disney+ site won't even recognize the email address I used to sign up, so I can't change the password. No answer yet from CS. Thank goodness I was able to find the credit card statement proving that I did pay for the 3 year deal through D23. Never did receive a confirmation. Sigh. Somehow I knew this was going to happen.

Same problem here. The Disney+ site won't even recognize the email address I used to sign up, so I can't change the password. No answer yet from CS. Thank goodness I was able to find the credit card statement proving that I did pay for the 3 year deal through D23. Never did receive a confirmation. Sigh. Somehow I knew this was going to happen.

For part of yesterday it wouldn't recognize the email address. then it did recognize the email address but not the subscription. I finally got through on chat support but they are still working on it. No response via twitter (20 hours), email (24 hours), and no love on the phone support yet (2 hours).

I'll report back if I get any useful details.

edited to add: at least I was able to update my signature on here while killing time. :fish:

FYI:
1) on hold with chat for 1+ hours, person came on, I explained my issue, they said they would look into it, and chat disconnected due to inactivity
2) on hold via phone for 2.5 hours, voice came on stating they were having technical difficulties and could not accept my call.

So I have no info to report on any D23 subscription issues.

This is early adapter hell. You guys have volunteered your money to help the mouse figure this out. You’re basically paying to beta test this service.

Disney will eventually get this right. I wouldn’t waste hours on the phone for a service you’re paying the price of a Starbucks coffee for. Wait a couple of days and let other people spend hours on the phone with Disney. Their fix should fix your problem without the wasted time.

I was watching Robin Hood within minutes.
Sorry for your trouble. Hopefully my story can help get you to cinematic nirvana!

I was able to login fine first thing in the morning, then the service got hit hard and things started to crash. During that time it logged me out and wouldn't accept my password. When I reset my password my account got blocked. Now I'm just waiting to find out what fix they come up with.

Right now their fix consists of making a new account, but there is no guarantee I'll get my D23, 3-years for the price of 2 deal again. If they can't guarantee that, then it's adios D+. I got along just fine without it.

I too got the “deal” from D23 with no luck logging in. It wouldn’t recognize my email address.
Finally I got as far this morning as “Complete Subscribtion” after it recognized my email, but not my password. So I did “Forgot My Password” and immediately got an email with new password. Was able to re-set password. Making progress, yesss!!😊
Next step, At bottom of page it has “Restore Subscription”
Now it says “No Access Granted”
Ugh:crutches:
Any help, Please!!

Was finally able to log in (Yes!) -- email and password recognized! But full payment not recognized. Still wants me to re-subscribe in order to watch anything. Waited on hold for live chat for almost an hour, then gave up to get on with my life. Sent in another email. We'll see if that gets anywhere -- first one is still unanswered.

I finally had the uninterrupted chunk of time to try again to call in. Sooooo...after 3 hours on hold: the email that we use for Disney and d23 is the email we received the confirmation at. Somehow a D+ Hotmail account was the one credited with our subscription. So somehow our “junk mail” Hotmail email is the one that received the D23 3 year subscription NOT the me.com we use for Disney, d23, etc which is where the confirmation email came.

They are migrating the credit from the D+ Hotmail account to the D+ me.com account. It will take a few days. They explicitly said do not use D+ Hotmail but gave the D+ me.com a 30 day credit. We are supposed to use that one because the “higher ups” will migrate the credit.

I finally had the uninterrupted chunk of time to try again to call in. Sooooo...after 3 hours on hold: the email that we use for Disney and d23 is the email we received the confirmation at. Somehow a D+ Hotmail account was the one credited with our subscription. So somehow our “junk mail” Hotmail email is the one that received the D23 3 year subscription NOT the me.com we use for Disney, d23, etc which is where the confirmation email came.

They are migrating the credit from the D+ Hotmail account to the D+ me.com account. It will take a few days. They explicitly said do not use D+ Hotmail but gave the D+ me.com a 30 day credit. We are supposed to use that one because the “higher ups” will migrate the credit.
Wow... not looking forward to 3 hours on hold to speak with a human being, but if that's what it's going to take, so be it! Please let us know if this really does solve your problem. I think I know how I"ll be spending my weekend now.

ETA: Just ended a live chat with a Disney+ CM. Wait time to be connected was about 35 minutes (so far less than I had feared and pretty accurate according to the live chat estimate). Chat time was about 40 minutes total. The problem is an email mix up (yet again -- and the CM said that this is a VERY common problem right now). I can wait a week to fix it myself (the free trial which I did not sign up for has to run out) or my case can be escalated up to have someone on their end resolve the mix up. Basically I now have 2 accounts (how did that happen?), one is free and the other is paid for through the D23 offer. Someone is supposed to email me about merging the two accounts. I asked about receiving a credit for the time paid for, but useless, and was told that I could receive a month credit, but those are a one time deal and if anything ever went wrong in the future, they wouldn't be able to offer me anything. The CM advised saving the offer for something bigger since this was a pretty easy fix. I agreed, but said that if the fix wasn't easy, I would ask again for the credit.
For anyone still experiencing problems with the D23 offer not working, contact Disney+ by phone or live chat -- the wait time is getting shorter and the CMs are getting more experienced at dealing with this.

Last edited:
Wow... not looking forward to 3 hours on hold to speak with a human being, but if that's what it's going to take, so be it! Please let us know if this really does solve your problem. I think I know how I"ll be spending my weekend now.

ETA: Just ended a live chat with a Disney+ CM. Wait time to be connected was about 35 minutes (so far less than I had feared and pretty accurate according to the live chat estimate). Chat time was about 40 minutes total. The problem is an email mix up (yet again -- and the CM said that this is a VERY common problem right now). I can wait a week to fix it myself (the free trial which I did not sign up for has to run out) or my case can be escalated up to have someone on their end resolve the mix up. Basically I now have 2 accounts (how did that happen?) , one is free and the other is paid for through then D23 offer. Someone is supposed to email me about merging the two accounts. I asked about receiving a credit for the time paid for, but useless, and was told that I could receive a month credit, but those are a one time deal and if anything ever went wrong in the future, they wouldn't be able to offer me anything. The CM advised saving the offer for something bigger since this was a pretty easy fix. I agreed, but said that if the fix wasn't easy, I would ask again for the credit.
For anyone still experiencing problems with the D23 offer not working, contact Disney+ by phone or live chat -- the wait time is getting shorter and the CMs are getting more experienced at dealing with this.
Thanks for this! Very helpful as we continue to try to resolve our subscription issues

Thanks for this! Very helpful as we continue to try to resolve our subscription issues
Good luck! Let us know what happens. I still haven't received the email that is supposed to start the resolution process, so we'll see how long this takes.

ETA: 11/18 Still waiting for that email...

Last edited:
Update:
12/11/19
Received an email today apologizing for all the inconvenience and asking me to create a new account with a new email address, then send the info with for incorrect email on the original account and the new email for the new account back so that CS could straighten things out. I did not create the new account or respond to this email, but in testing the account with the wrong email address, DH discovered that our Disney+ account wasn't working. (It had worked just fine last night.) So I asked him to try logging in with the correct email, just to see what would happen. And, lo and behold, the correct email now works! So someone at CS fixed the email address mixup without my providing any further information. The cynic in me says that we'll just have to see how long this fix holds before I end up calling the toll free number for more help... But for now, I am glad and relieved that the issue appears to be resolved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts