D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: The Hilton is now open for booking, I was able to pull up rates. They also added a non-refundable deposit (equal to a night’s-rate).

FYI: The Hilton is now open for booking, I was able to pull up rates. They also added a non-refundable deposit (equal to a night’s-rate).

I saw that too:( The rate was really high, plus the non-refundable deposit. I'll stick with the Sheraton or Clarion. Marriott's not up yet.

Apparently the rate drops lower if you push the dates out (8/21 to 8/28 versus 8/26, the longer time span is lower)...surge pricing. :confused3

People were speculating that the longer time spans had weekly discounts built in, prices were lower by roughly $1000 for more nights. So baffling!

OMG! You're right. If I put 8/20-27, the total is ~$500 less. That's insane! It's cheaper for me to book a night and not use it! I still don't like the non-refundable part though for the deposit. The rate's still pretty high, but it's more palatable with the longer stay discount.

We stayed at Desert Inn the last two expos. Easy walking distance in the morning. I usually cab it home after a long day. We promised ourselves to splurge and do Hilton this time, but it's too rich for my blood. I'd rather spend my money on shopping. ;)

So back to Desert Inn we go for $99 a night. We spend a lot of our time in the parks anyway.

Does anyone remember what the discounted price was for DL park tickets in 2017? Undercover Tourist is having a sale so I wanted to compare prices. Their tickets are good through Jan 2020.

Does anyone remember what the discounted price was for DL park tickets in 2017? Undercover Tourist is having a sale so I wanted to compare prices. Their tickets are good through Jan 2020.
I found this on a blog site but cannot confirm accuracy, maybe it will help? It seems to also have info about the rules around the tickets. Not sure how you’d find out what park ticket costs were at that time to gauge the level of discount.

http://d23expohelpandhowto.blogspot.com/2017/04/updated-d23-expo-attendee-discount-park.html

I found this on a blog site but cannot confirm accuracy, maybe it will help? It seems to also have info about the rules around the tickets. Not sure how you’d find out what park ticket costs were at that time to gauge the level of discount.

http://d23expohelpandhowto.blogspot.com/2017/04/updated-d23-expo-attendee-discount-park.html
Thanks! That’s just what I needed. If the ticket prices haven’t gone up too much, it’ll be about the same price as UT.

So frustrating! I'm still waiting to buy our Expo tickets because D23's autorenewal apparently renewed my membership (credit card was charged and my ShopDisney.com account shows that the renewal took place), but the D23 website shows my account has expired. Why does this not surprise me? Emailed D23 who apologized for the inconvenience and said they would look into it. I certainly hope so! I want our tickets!!

Keep on them, @theluckyrabbit. I've had issues with my renewals for almost every year I have had the membership, ranging from the wrong name (originally the membership was purchased as a gift) to the same thing - my account showed as expired. I kept on them, tag-teaming both the Disney Store AND D23. It took a few weeks to sort out that last issue.

Hello everyone! If anyone is planning on buying a first time D23 membership within the next month let me know. I have a coupon code for $5 off a membership, either gold or gold family. I know it's not much but it's at least a little savings. Just shoot me a pm and I can send you the code.

I think you need 10 posts before allowed to start a conversation...but I would be interested in the code.

I just checked the Hilton website for 8/23-8/25 and it says there is nothing available. No matter what it seems like we won't be staying there though if it's those kinds of prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter