D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll add this about the possibility of Disney letting in stand by folks during the reservation period: If they are not letting VIP tours into SWGE during the reservation period (and several OPs have confirmed that they have booked a VIP tour and have been told they will not have access to SWGE), then I can’t IMAGINE that they would let stand by folks into the land. So now that I thought about it this way, I feel a little more convinced that they won’t let in people who camp out at the land and complain that they don’t have a reservation.

What you say makes sense and I’m not worried about Disney allowing a standby line. My concern is how early my group is going to have to get in line just to enter the park. We did decide on no park hopping though, once we’re in we’re staying put!

So an update about the reservations.

My friend was able to get a reservation for the second weekend and added me and another friend to the reservation. Unfortunately the lead guest looked at airfare and decided he’s not going to make it. I contacted Disneyland to ask if we had the print out of the email and our names were on the original reservation if we could use it. Unfortunately they said nope, if the lead guest isn’t there, then no entrance. An email summary “Congrats on securing a reservation! BUt you can’t use it.” So outside of getting a fake ID made for some other guy who is local (note-I’m being completely sarcastic here-I DO NOT advocate committing a crime to enter SWGE), no visiting that weekend for me.

To be fair, I’m not exactly upset because we were fortunate to get 3 reservations opening weekend :-)P)-one hotel, one on each of our actual accounts. It would have been nice to go again, but oh well! Also, I’m not totally unconvinced this other friend won’t end up booking a last minute flight out after seeing the photos and news from the first weekend!:D

I don’t know if anybody has heard back about changing the free reservation names though.

I am thinking about my November trip to DLR (October 31-November 3 or 4). We will be staying at the GCH and I wonder what will be happening for on-site guests during this time. Do you think we will get one reservation into SWGE no matter how many on-site days like now? Or do you think the reservation system will be over?

Is there a sense there might be an EMH for on-site guests like there is now for FL and TL? I am not up to date on the blogs and the many pages on SWGE so I am not sure if there is a discussion about possible options in the fall and would appreciate any insights or ideas about this.

I am thinking about my November trip to DLR (October 31-November 3 or 4). We will be staying at the GCH and I wonder what will be happening for on-site guests during this time. Do you think we will get one reservation into SWGE no matter how many on-site days like now? Or do you think the reservation system will be over?

Is there a sense there might be an EMH for on-site guests like there is now for FL and TL? I am not up to date on the blogs and the many pages on SWGE so I am not sure if there is a discussion about possible options in the fall and would appreciate any insights or ideas about this.

As of right now, there will be no reservations after June 23rd. It has been mentioned that there will be a virtual queue starting June 24th but I don't know all of the specifics on how it will work. I'm sure someone else can explain that better than I could.

Will they continue to offer reservations to on site guests after the 23rd? Probably not, but nobody knows for sure. All we can do at this point is guess.

I rode Big Thunder Mountain tonight(sun was down). At the top of the 2nd lift/hill, you can get a pretty good view of Galaxy's Edge (at least the top parts of the bldgs.). You can see a couple ships on the roofs (or one, I can't remember). But even from that view, it looks amazing! And the lighting looks phenomenal at night! I may get a little emotional walking in there after all! :)

My friend who had been going to the parks with her kids for a year (So Cal AP) and using the FP and MP system regularly thought until just recently (when I filled her in) that you could not hold more than one FP at a time (i.e., you had to use the FP you’re currently holding in order to get another one, regardless of how much time passes).

Ok I haven’t used MP yet but that’s my understanding of how it works. Is that wrong? Lol. I thought you can only book one FP through MP and can’t book another until you use it. Or do you mean you can grab several paper FP in addition to the one on MP? I’m a DW person and so lost when it comes to DL. Lol

Ok I haven’t used MP yet but that’s my understanding of how it works. Is that wrong? Lol. I thought you can only book one FP through MP and can’t book another until you use it. Or do you mean you can grab several paper FP in addition to the one on MP? I’m a DW person and so lost when it comes to DL. Lol
You can absolutely hold more than one FP at a time at DLR (just not for the same ride at the same time -- if you want two different FP return times for the same ride, you'll have to use one first, then look for a second return time)! Holding more than one FP at the same time is known as "stacking FPs" -- e.g. you can stack several FPs during the afternoon for different rides so that you can hold up to 5 at the same time for return times that evening.
This thread, www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/, from this sticky (* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here!) at the top of the first page has all the MP information you need. Read through this and ask any MP questions there. It will help clear up any MP confusion!

Last edited:
So for those of us who are visiting towards the end.. we're going to be there June 21-26th. We've got reservations for SWGE for the morning of June 22nd and the evening of the 23rd. I think we're going to do our Disneyland days at the front of the trip and then try to mostly stay in DCA from the 24th on since I'm guessing it's going to be mayhem in DL. Anybody else going to be there during the switchover and have thoughts on what they're doing?

I had a dream last night I tried blue milk and it was nasty. Glad it was only a dream! Lol.

I had a dream last night I tried blue milk and it was nasty. Glad it was only a dream! Lol.
I find this blue milk thing quite interesting. There were reports of trying to find the right ingredients for a signature blue milk taste, etc. BUT, they already had blue milk, and perhaps it was forgotten about??

In 2015, we visited WDW for the final Star Wars Weekends event. Our meal at the Sci Fi Drive In with the Star Wars characters was fantastic, but we also chose the blue milk for our beverage. It was amazingly good. Did they forget they had it? Or did they lose the recipe? Or did they decide it needed to be different for some reason?

I’ve been in and out of this thread so I apologize if this has been asked, but is there any chance more info about Super Hero Land will be announced? I’m getting bit by the Disney bug and contemplating whether to get me one of those flex passes for a return trip in late 2020 :bitelip:

I’ve been in and out of this thread so I apologize if this has been asked, but is there any chance more info about Super Hero Land will be announced? I’m getting bit by the Disney bug and contemplating whether to get me one of those flex passes for a return trip in late 2020 :bitelip:

I'm pretty sure they'll talk about it. Once galaxy's edge is open that'll be Disneyland's next big thing. Maybe even announce an opening period (ie spring 2021 or whatever).

Just not sure how much info will be given.

Reactions: EmJ

Well, they've already announced the Spiderman "It's kind of like Toy Story Mania" ride that I think is opening in 2020. I would bet that we will indeed get more announcements around that, but agree with @OhioStateBuckeye that anything else that is announced won't be open for nearly 2 years - so not sure a return trip in 2020 will get you much.

Reactions: EmJ
Well, they've already announced the Spiderman "It's kind of like Toy Story Mania" ride that I think is opening in 2020. I would bet that we will indeed get more announcements around that, but agree with @OhioStateBuckeye that anything else that is announced won't be open for nearly 2 years - so not sure a return trip in 2020 will get you much.
Well poo. I probably can’t justfy a return trip without it. I guess we will just have to return another year if that’s the case!

Marvel land will open first phase in 2020 with The Spider-Man Ride, Dr. Strange show and restaurant and shop.
Phase 2 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter