D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there will be a stand by line, why go through all the trouble of devising and announcing the virtual queue for after the reservation period? Just keep the stand by line in place. Why allow a stand by line, then get rid of it and go to a virtual queue system? Not that Disney is always logical, but that really makes no sense.

It’s also seems that Disneyland adjusting their advertisements more and more about pointing towards June 24th being when there are no longer reservations required. Up to last week even I feel like their main adds were all about getting that reservation to be able to visit. I can’t imagine with that pivot they would go and do something like a stand by line. Especially if this could be used as a test run for how WDW might go as well.

Just an update. I just spoke to SWGE "hotline" (888-834-9125). To refresh everyone's memory, I made a free reservation (11am-3pm), but didn't have a solid trip planned. Was able to get that one on my DD's birthday! We mulled it over and decided to go, so I booked the GCH, and they sent me another SWGE reservation tied to the hotel stay. It was for the same day as our free reservation, from 8am-noon. I made both the free and hotel reservations under my Disney account, I am the lead guest on both the free and the hotel reservation, and all guests are the same on both reservations. I called today, and they confirmed that I could use BOTH reservations. I also had to move the hotel reservation time to 8pm-midnight so they would not be overlapping (I would have rather kept the hotel reservation at 8am and moved the free reservation to later, but he said (as we all knew already) that that was a no-go)). We are only going for the weekend, so I only have two days to work with, and the second day of our trip is fully "sold out" to move hotel-linked SWGE reservations around per the CM (not that the hotel is necessarily sold out, but that he couldn't move us to that day because there was no space in SWGE's system). SO we are going twice in one day, from 11am-3pm, then from 8pm-midnight. It will be neat to see it at night as well. The CM specifically went through each name on each reservation and said "you are lucky that you all get to visit it twice!". I sure hope he's right!!!!

This also made me feel better about them NOT allowing a stand by line during the reservation period:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev.../plan-star-wars-galaxys-edge/#/drawer=visit-2

Visit June 24 or Later
Between May 31 and June 23, reservations are required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park, but starting June 24 no reservations are required.

At this time, there are no remaining general reservations to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge between May 31 and June 23. If you do not have one of these general reservations and are not staying at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, you must wait until June 24 to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Just an update. I just spoke to SWGE "hotline" (888-834-9125). To refresh everyone's memory, I made a free reservation (11am-3pm), but didn't have a solid trip planned. Was able to get that one on my DD's birthday! We mulled it over and decided to go, so I booked the GCH, and they sent me another SWGE reservation tied to the hotel stay. It was for the same day as our free reservation, from 8am-noon. I made both the free and hotel reservations under my Disney account, I am the lead guest on both the free and the hotel reservation, and all guests are the same on both reservations. I called today, and they confirmed that I could use BOTH reservations. I also had to move the hotel reservation time to 8pm-midnight so they would not be overlapping (I would have rather kept the hotel reservation at 8am and moved the free reservation to later, but he said (as we all knew already) that that was a no-go)). We are only going for the weekend, so I only have two days to work with, and the second day of our trip is fully "sold out" to move hotel-linked SWGE reservations around per the CM (not that the hotel is necessarily sold out, but that he couldn't move us to that day because there was no space in SWGE's system). SO we are going twice in one day, from 11am-3pm, then from 8pm-midnight. It will be neat to see it at night as well. The CM specifically went through each name on each reservation and said "you are lucky that you all get to visit it twice!". I sure hope he's right!!!!
Finally! Something official! Well, at least it's something straight from Disney to work off of. Thank you for posting this! If anyone else calls, please report your experience.

I do like that for the most part, Disney CMs do seem to be on the same page with the info being given out. We know that doesn't happen too often.

Minors between the ages of 14 -`18 would most likely be able to show a school ID for entry if they are the lead on the reservation.

Minors between the ages of 14 -`18 would most likely be able to show a school ID for entry if they are the lead on the reservation.
But does that count as gov't. issued ID? Isn't that what the fine print asked for? All primary/lead guests on each reservation (minor or adult) must show gov't. issued ID. I think the link posted above recommended a non-REAL ID from the DMV (or some form of state issued ID) or a passport, assuming the minor doesn't have a driver's license.

Last edited:
According to the info link, minors would need a government ID (so a Driver's license, identification card, passport, etc.).

Layers are always a good call. The basement is the most freezing - once you're upstairs and moving (IMO, anyway), it warms up.

I cosplayed in 2013 (my first Expo) as village Belle. Loved wearing the dress, loved random pictures of me reading my book while waiting in lines. I did bring a little towel to sit on because I didn't want my dress directly on the sidewalk & floors. Also, I didn't have petticoats or anything like that so it was more comfortable for sitting and travel in general. That said, lots of folks cosplay and look amazing! I agree on saving any complex, heavy, or ornate costumes like ballgowns for days when you don't have many must-do's and can stroll the floor.

So in 2017 we were having a horrible heat wave - like 97-100+, every day. It was misery outside the ACC. Thursday, during the Sorcerer Preview Day, the outside convention space (the hallways surrounding the larger rooms) was pleasant and the convention space was warm because they were still loading. By that evening the building was an ice box - layers, for sure!

Last edited:
Finally! Something official! Well, at least it's something straight from Disney to work off of. Thank you for posting this! If anyone else calls, please report your experience.
I mean, I’ve reported here that I’ve gotten this same info from five different phone CMs. I have their names and the times I called them noted, along with some of their statements. Things they’ve said to me:

“Anyone currently listed on a reservation will have that honored. The restrictions were on making multiple reservations on one account; there’s no restriction on entering multiple times.”
“No one’s going to look at you and say, ‘Heyyyy, weren’t you here last Tuesday?’ *chuckles* That’s not how it works at all.”
“The reservation systems between hotel and the online system are separate. There was no restriction on making reservations under both systems.”
“There’s no restriction on entering the land multiple times; the restriction was on obtaining a reservation. If your name is on a reservation, that is confirmation.”
“If your name is on a reservation and the primary guest is there and you all have your IDs, you will all gain entrance to the land.”

Many of these statements were repeated verbatim by multiple CMs.

ALL FIVE HAVE SAID a version of, “You are one of the lucky ones who gets to visit twice!”

I mean, I’ve reported here that I’ve gotten this same info from five different phone CMs. I have their names and the times I called them noted, along with some of their statements. Things they’ve said to me:

“Anyone currently listed on a reservation will have that honored. The restrictions were on making multiple reservations on one account; there’s no restriction on entering multiple times.”
“No one’s going to look at you and say, ‘Heyyyy, weren’t you here last Tuesday?’ *chuckles* That’s not how it works at all.”
“The reservation systems between hotel and the online system are separate. There was no restriction on making reservations under both systems.”
“There’s no restriction on entering the land multiple times; the restriction was on obtaining a reservation. If your name is on a reservation, that is confirmation.”
“If your name is on a reservation and the primary guest is there and you all have your IDs, you will all gain entrance to the land.”

Many of these statements were repeated verbatim by multiple CMs.

ALL FIVE HAVE SAID a version of, “You are one of the lucky ones who gets to visit twice!”
The only thing that was worrying me was that both of my reservations (hotel and free) were under the same ACCOUNT, mine. So I wasn’t sure. I really hope all these CMs are correct!!! For all of our sakes!! Thanks for again giving your experience, as it is very reassuring!!

The only thing that was worrying me was that both of my reservations (hotel and free) were under the same ACCOUNT, mine. So I wasn’t sure. I really hope all these CMs are correct!!! For all of our sakes!! Thanks for again giving your experience, as it is very reassuring!!
My hotel reservation and free reservation are also both linked to my account.

Minors between the ages of 14 - 18 could be the lead, so that would include some too young for a license.
Yes, I didn’t mean they couldn’t be younger. I meant that if they were taking the lead to book a reservation, then I would hope they had a means of getting themselves there. In which case, they would most likely be old enough to drive themselves. As with anything, there are exceptions. I’m sure the number of minor reservation leads is pretty low anyway. Considering open reservations were during the school day & required a good amount of time to get through, the minors are probably in the minority.

My reliable source has informed me that they're testing guest check-ins at Launch Bay. I was previously told Starcade but that didn't make sense since the walkway is so narrow and leads to the exit/disability line for SM, so Launch Bay makes more sense. They set up check-in podiums last night in Launch Bay. I corrected my prior post up-thread.

Does that mean the parking will be opening earlier than 6:30/7am during the reservation period? My res is at 8am on 6/1, so I'd like to get there as early as possible while still being able to park.

Yes! A "Know Before You Go" video was posted by Disney on Youtube last week stating that parking will open at midnight on 5/31/19, so six hours prior to 6:00 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!