D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I reading this correctly? NO EMH for SW:GE at DL, no Max Pass for Smuggler's Run at DL. What is the benefit of staying onsite this summer at DL? I'm currently booked at Paradise Pier but if there's no advantage I may switch to offsite.
The benefit for the first 3 weeks is the guaranteed access to the land. But if it’s for after June 23 then I’m not sure if you really have a benefit.

My sister, who has no interest in Star Wars and limited interest in anything Disney, has plans to be at Disneyland May 30-31 with her two small children (and no additional adults).
Should I tell her to cancel? She's unlikely to do another disney trip any time soon, this is tacked on to an existing CA trip (bc the kids asked), but she will not be good with SW crowds....will this staggered/soft opening mean it's not crazy?

The benefit for the first 3 weeks is the guaranteed access to the land. But if it’s for after June 23 then I’m not sure if you really have a benefit.
We are going in July. Who knows what they will do after June 23rd - I guess it's possible it will get extended I guess. I guess the strategy here is going to be use the extra magic hour to secure a place in line at the entrance area to SWGE and wait for it to open.

We have an offsite stay planned June 22-June 26th and on-site for Aug 9-11. It will me interesting to see how it goes when they go from requiring reservations to not in the middle of our trip! And thank goodness I’m a part of these boards, where I know I’ll see when reservations go live.

I know none of us know more than anybody else, but does anybody believe RotR will be up by Aug? Or are we looking at fall/winter opening for that?

Saw this on the WDW side, apparently no Fastpass or Maxpass when first opened.

Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland Park) and Disney FastPass+service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great guest experience

I wonder if annual passholders will be able to get reservations or only hotel guests and regular tickets?
I’m guessing yes because the whole point of those reservation dates seem to be because Deluxe can still get in.

Also, why would they want to penalize people for buying APs?

Disney FASTPASS service, including access via Disney MaxPass, (at Disneyland Park) and Disney FastPass+service (at Disney’s Hollywood Studios) will not initially be offered at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. We will continually evaluate our operations and services in order to help provide a great guest experience

We are going in July. Who knows what they will do after June 23rd - I guess it's possible it will get extended I guess. I guess the strategy here is going to be use the extra magic hour to secure a place in line at the entrance area to SWGE and wait for it to open.
Yup. And my guess is there’s a chance FP will be available by then.

Well, this is a surprise.

Curiouser and curiouser, Disney!

We have an offsite stay planned June 22-June 26th and on-site for Aug 9-11. It will me interesting to see how it goes when they go from requiring reservations to not in the middle of our trip! And thank goodness I’m a part of these boards, where I know I’ll see when reservations go live.

I know none of us know more than anybody else, but does anybody believe RotR will be up by Aug? Or are we looking at fall/winter opening for that?
its going to be interesting but I would guess they would want it up before D23

There had darn well better be a benefit to staying on site! I booked a week at the DLH in July to have a shot at some added benefits for SW:GE. No need to spend all that $$ if we don't have EMH/reserved times/FP or anything to ease the pain.

I am VERY encouraged by the reservation system as well as the NO fastpasses. Thank you, Disney! Now, the first few weeks won't be an absolute cluster, since everyone who wants to enter the land will HAVE to have a reservation. Being a local, I will get online at the first possible opportunity and snag a reservation (or several, if they allow that), on any days within that window, and will just plan around it (take kids out of school...they get out the 7th anyway), my husband will take a random day off work, etc.

I just really, REALLY hope that Disneyland puts out a LOT of disclaimers about needing to have that reservation. They need to make commercials, signs, etc so there is NO DOUBT and people don't line up as an angry mob when they find out they cannot go in.

There will be no EMH/MM for SWGE at Disneyland. This surprised me but then I remembered MM in addition to EMH could easily overwhelm that area as the amount of people with MM access isn't capped.

There had darn well better be a benefit to staying on site! I booked a week at the DLH in July to have a shot at some added benefits for SW:GE. No need to spend all that $$ if we don't have EMH/reserved times/FP or anything to ease the pain.

Doesn't seem like there will be any benefit for having a hotel reservation beyond the time period when reservations will be needed to access the land.

Yup. And my guess is there’s a chance FP will be available by then.

I very much doubt that. I think we will be seeing Standby Only until the second ride opens up, and potentially, forever for the Milennium Falcon ride. If both rides in the land are FP, the standby lines will be astronomical. Plus, MF ride seems to be a slow loader/low hourly capacity ride, so Fastpass will just screw it up. I can see MF eventually going Maxpass only, but not standard Fastpass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!