D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who is going to SWGE anytime soon, please let me know how good the Single Rider line is, because it sounds like you can’t just ride once.
I'll try out Single Rider tomorrow night for my 2nd+ rides I'll report back on how it works. I have heard from people who have gone that Single Rider line only fills gunner/engineer positions though.

Anyone seen anything about people waiting in line overnight? Seems like no one's really doing that (yet).

Random question as I consider how DH and I will dress for our upcoming visit: Which Apple Watch band will I wear? I'm thinking my leather band might look more "broken in / worn / natural to the environment" than the splashy single color bands? Hmmm

I’m in the parks today and will be here till tonight late so can report back on people queuing. Currently waiting in line at the Plaza listening to the band playing the Star Wars melody :love:

Our slot is 8am tomorrow so our plan is to rock up at 4am. That may change depending on what we see when we leave the park tonight!

Question I am pondering....

We have a 8 AM reservation next Friday and will try to be there around 6 AM (fine for me, not sure about my grumpy non-morning Mom), what time do we think the wheelchair rental will be open? We will need to rent one for my Mom. Hoping someone going in the next few days can peek over there and let me know...

Have you SEEN Star Wars fans?????? *cry* People bragging about being in line for 49 hours for SWCO... I can't deal... *faints*
This is not exactly the same as waiting in line to be 1st to see a new Star Wars film. The only people who will get into GE are those with Reservations. And why anyone in that boat would care about getting there well before 6 AM is beyond me. 2 hours is going to be plenty of time. Anyone else waiting in line will be doing so for the chance to purchase some 1st Day merchandise. This will be Pins, Shirts, Hats, Etc., and except for perhaps Pins, won't be in such short supply that being 1st in line is going to give some sort of advantage. Aside from buying your stuff and being able to hit the park a little earlier.

There will probably be some who want to buy up a bunch of the 1st day merchandise and then run home to list it on eBay. But they will probably have a limit on purchases of the more limited items like the 1st Day Pin, so even that might be difficult for "sellers" who want to corner the market on these limited items.

With all the questions from those with 8 AM reservations, but practically none from those just going for 1st day souvenirs, I wonder how bad it's really going to be. Sure, 1st day merchandise is kind of cool, but it seems to me that die hard Star Wars fans are going to be far more excited about the land itself, meaning that June 24 will be a day when I could see people camping out all night, to be guaranteed of getting into GE at rope drop, and being able to spend as much time there as you want.

Question I am pondering....

We have a 8 AM reservation next Friday and will try to be there around 6 AM (fine for me, not sure about my grumpy non-morning Mom), what time do we think the wheelchair rental will be open? We will need to rent one for my Mom. Hoping someone going in the next few days can peek over there and let me know...

I would call Guest Relations in order to get a definitive answer. They should hopefully have that information since they know people will be arriving early.

Just checked in to GCH. Have an 8am reservation for tomorrow 5/31. They have a separate area to ask all of your SWGE questions. Security is going to be 24/7. Was told by SWGE desk m, will be let in at 6am to check into Launch Bay. For those with DAS questions was told while at Launch Bay to see if they will assist and if not they will let you go to town hall which should also open at 6am. DAS will work like normal if line is short they you just wait in line and if not they will give you a return time.

Anyone know anything about there being a rider switch ability on the Falcon ride? I'm assuming yes but normally there is a fast pass line for the second group to go and that won't be up and running just yet.

People that I are following via Instagram are saying there is.

I must say my hype and excitement is fading as I see more about Galaxy's Edge. Am I the only one?
The more I hear about about smugglers run the less I'm excited. It seems like the ride is OK not great. The queue is the best part. The food looks mediocre and the blue milk seems to be a letdown. And I'm a huge starwars fan! (the original trilogy mostly). I was thinking this was going to blow pandora and the wizarding world out the water but Im now thinking it wont. This seems to be like an additional pavilion a la epcot. Nice to look around, try some food, and then leave to enjoy Disneyland. I am due to visit next week so we shall see what happens. Perhaps Rise of the Resistance will make me think differently as well.
I also hear people getting emotional seeing the falcon which makes me think why they didn't just make everything from the original trilogy to make EVERYTHING make you emotional. Tatooine. Endor. Hoth. Darth Vadar. Luke.

Who's lining up at 2 am for merchandise. My son is making me go.
LOL about your son making you go! My DH is the instigator too. We hope to get an Opening Day pin. But I am *not* getting in line at 2am. Maybe 7am. 😂

LOL about your son making you go! My DH is the instigator too. We hope to get an Opening Day pin. But I am *not* getting in line at 2am. Maybe 7am. 😂
I know. I'm not sure its worth it, but he insists. I'm sitting her now trying to make myself go to sleep knowing I have to get up in a few hours, but I'm not tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter