D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part of the east coast is following in real time but it's morning here. I am just getting over a nasty bug so I am glad my reservation is still over two weeks away. So excited for details though.

There was no one at DLH/DTD security entrance 10 minutes ago. I would say around 300 people in queue on esplanade.

We are here! It’s nowhere as bad as I thought. A CM has just confirmed to us that we can also have a merchandise wristband but it won’t be sold until 8am. Bummed about that to be honest. Need to decide what’s important!
Yes didn’t seem like Disney gave much thought to those with 8am reservations. Maybe I’m wrong and there will be a ton of merch available once we leave GE at 12pm but not counting on it.

Yes didn’t seem like Disney gave much thought to those with 8am reservations. Maybe I’m wrong and there will be a ton of merch available once we leave GE at 12pm but not counting on it.

I know :(

To be fair the queue really seems like fans at the moment, not scalpers. Hoping that holds to be true!

Going in now let’s see what happens with merch. If no luck then will wait at Launch Bay for check in line.

I’m really hoping they are going to take pity on us and just didn’t want the merchandise people to hear. Not holding my breath though. Have fun today! The CM’s are being amazing - as they always are!

We are in now - queuing by Plaza. The merchandise queue are to the left of us on Main Street. There is more of them then us at the moment :)

We’ve already seen four people be turned away - 2 at the gates because they didn’t realise they needed tickets and 2 because they didn’t have the reservation this morning. Not sure what they were trying.

We are in now - queuing by Plaza. The merchandise queue are to the left of us on Main Street. There is more of them then us at the moment :)

We’ve already seen four people be turned away - 2 at the gates because they didn’t realise they needed tickets and 2 because they didn’t have the reservation this morning. Not sure what they were trying.

I wonder if people are trying to get into the rest of the park early, so they don't end up in a Level 5 closure. I'm expecting Level 5 Closures during the whole summer especially from June 23rd.

To the person already nay saying GE...give me a break. You haven't even seen it yet. We went to Universal last weekend and saw Hogwarts for the first time. It was cool and felt movie settish, but it wasn't that amazing. I could easily see other parts of the park and we took a short path from the tour/Simpsons area and were suddenly back by Hogwarts. From seeing GE being built a year ago while in DL and from aerial views I already know GE is more immersive than Hogwarts in Hollywood Studios. Now seeing videos and pictures, it is easy to see how expansive the land is.
Universal Orlando must be much different, because it is amazing and does not have the issues you mentioned. (I was there 2 weeks ago) I hope to see GE later this summer or fall and I’m sure it will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter