D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
where does this particular Gatherer reside in Batuu? I would love to chat about her porg sanctuary as porgs are native to my planet Hibernia

She's a Gatherer, selling scrap metal at Savi's for credits so she can buy feed for her 1500 Porgs..

(And if Porgs were, say, like dogs, on planet Earth, she would probably do so, instead of slaving away at Savi's on Batuu. Her dream is to open an animal sanctuary for unwanted pets; her husband is almost 8 years in on his 20 year plan for being in USMC)

She's talking about her Porgs about 12:30

Last edited:
Hello all,

I’ll be in LA for work so I was hoping to visit DL the Monday after D23. Any idea how crowds are effected following D23? Not sure if D23 has a major impact on the parks the days after it ends.

Tia

Last expo we went to Disneyland before and after. I felt that Monday was insanely packed. Will it be that way this time? Maybe.

She's a Gatherer, selling scrap metal at Savi's for credits so she can buy feed for her 1500 Porgs..

(And if Porgs were, say, like dogs, on planet Earth, she would probably do so, instead of slaving away at Savi's on Batuu. Her dream is to open an animal sanctuary for unwanted pets; her husband is almost 8 years in on his 20 year plan for being in USMC, and they are saving to purchase land when he gets out to do so.)

She's talking about her Porgs about 12:30
She does take her turns getting fresh air outside of Savi's, so you may run into her.
OMG! I'm totally going to try to run into her every time I visit Batuu and ask her about the Porg updates! That is soo cute!

We are going to DLR the Sun-Wed before. My guess is the closer to D23 - the more packed DLR will be. Also Deluxe passholders (the $799 "cheap" passholder option) are blocked out from June 20th until August 18th in DLR for the entire summer. Anyone want to guess how many of those people are going to be coming then to see SW:GE?

You mean the information about the cel wasn't enough for you? :rotfl:
(I kid, I kid - the email made me laugh out loud and then we started to contemplate buying it, Disney knows us SO well!)

So, so true. Just threw some of my favorites into a spreadsheet, and estimating the cost of the new LE dolls (Esmeralda AND Meg?? Finally!), I'll be spending the next few months eating ramen.

So, so true. Just threw some of my favorites into a spreadsheet, and estimating the cost of the new LE dolls (Esmeralda AND Meg?? Finally!), I'll be spending the next few months eating ramen.

Right there with you, I'm a Harveys girl and they have done so many releases the last six weeks...I'm in trouble. I'm hoping and dreading the RSP to see if there is a bag.

We are going to DLR the Sun-Wed before. My guess is the closer to D23 - the more packed DLR will be. Also Deluxe passholders (the $799 "cheap" passholder option) are blocked out from June 20th until August 18th in DLR for the entire summer. Anyone want to guess how many of those people are going to be coming then to see SW:GE?

Ugh!

Thats a smart move by Disney, they are 10 days out from general opening, so are doing incremental crowd increases. They had the low crowds so now they want to see what happens when the crowd level increase but in a very controlled way. They properly need to adjust merchandise stock levels and the food and beverage managers are probably trying to figure out food and drink orders and deliveries

Thats a smart move by Disney, they are 10 days out from general opening, so are doing incremental crowd increases. They had the low crowds so now they want to see what happens when the crowd level increase but in a very controlled way. They properly need to adjust merchandise stock levels and the food and beverage managers are probably trying to figure out food and drink orders and deliveries
Agreed! Slowly ramp up the amount of people. Also, figure out just how many they can reasonably serve in the land to know what capacity they should keep the virtual queue at (I'm sure they've done studies and tests, but nothing compares to actual guests walking about and experiencing it).

Oh man, I guess that means my reservation on June 23 will be packed to the gills. Sigh... I wish I could have gotten opening weekend!

Oh man, I guess that means my reservation on June 23 will be packed to the gills. Sigh... I wish I could have gotten opening weekend!
I don’t think that’s true. Obviously there will be more people than there were opening weekend, but “packed to the gills” seems unlikely. They’re still just adding people to existing reservations, which isn’t a free-for-all. You’ll still have a lull where MFSR lines drop (maybe not all the way to walk-on, but probably to 30 minutes or less), which will still be much better than when it opens generally and probably hits 3+ hours immediately and never drops all day. You’ll still certainly have an advantage over the people there the next day!

I don’t think that’s true. Obviously there will be more people than there were opening weekend, but “packed to the gills” seems unlikely. They’re still just adding people to existing reservations, which isn’t a free-for-all. You’ll still have a lull where MFSR lines drop (maybe not all the way to walk-on, but probably to 30 minutes or less), which will still be much better than when it opens generally and probably hits 3+ hours immediately and never drops all day. You’ll still certainly have an advantage over the people there the next day!
I hope you’re right! 30 minutes or less for MFSR sounds great. Still hoping we will be able to get into the cantina too!

I'm having a hard time keeping up... how are they handling Oga's these days? Still have to make a beeline there at opening of our window? Would we still have to arrive very early for our 8am slot to be among those who can get in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!