D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been SO helpful for reading about Savi's lightsabers vs. previous official ones vs. legacy lightsabers vs. high-end cosplayer ones, etc.
Can anyone speak to the general quality, fabric feel, etc. of the Jedi tunics, robes, belts, et al? Any difference between adult and kid versions? Can anyone speak to how they compare to other iterations, including possibly the versions one can buy on Etsy? The price point should mean something decent, but the theme-park setting makes me fear that they're not far above my local Halloween store.
Same question for the kids' Stormtrooper costumes, too, especially compared to Disney Store or Chasing Fireflies' official costumes.
I bought Rey’s shirt and vest from The Last Jedi. Also the Jedi belt. They are all excellent quality. Rey’s vest has a good amount of weight on it. The belt is leather and well designed so it fits different sizes (there is Velcro, but then a leather sleeve which you can pull over the Velcro part. I happened to visit with a guy who is a tailor and he was impressed at the quality of all of the items (he did a deeper examination so he could copy the design of the belt for the future)!
82A85617-3087-4BCC-85DD-55A3F98651FF.jpeg

This thread has been SO helpful for reading about Savi's lightsabers vs. previous official ones vs. legacy lightsabers vs. high-end cosplayer ones, etc.
Can anyone speak to the general quality, fabric feel, etc. of the Jedi tunics, robes, belts, et al? Any difference between adult and kid versions? Can anyone speak to how they compare to other iterations, including possibly the versions one can buy on Etsy? The price point should mean something decent, but the theme-park setting makes me fear that they're not far above my local Halloween store.
Same question for the kids' Stormtrooper costumes, too, especially compared to Disney Store or Chasing Fireflies' official costumes.
My fashion designer/cosplay friend said the sith tunic was good quality and cheaper than she'd charge to make something similar. She didn't examine the Rey stuff, but I imagine it would be the same. A note though- the belts are imitation leather.

Oh man, I guess that means my reservation on June 23 will be packed to the gills. Sigh... I wish I could have gotten opening weekend!

I'm going on the 21st and I'm worried about crowds too. I understand they need to test crowd control but I don't really want to be their guinea pig... I wish I could've gone earlier. But maybe it won't be as bad as I'm imagining.

Last edited:
Trying again to see if folks who have been at different times have thoughts on how active the stormtroopers, Chewbacca, Rey etc. are during the day vs. at night?

For our visit we have both 11-3 (free reservation) and 8pm-midnight (on-site hotel guests) slots on the same day so trying to figure what we try to do when. I know the characters aren’t M&G’s which is fine. We just want to see them and maybe have or observe some fun interactions if it happens. But in other park areas characters become scarce in the evening and at night so was wondering if that was the case in SWGE as well. Even wondering about the storm troopers and if they’re still out and about at night.

Trying again to see if folks who have been at different times have thoughts on how active the stormtroopers, Chewbacca, Rey etc. are during the day vs. at night?

For our visit we have both 11-3 (free reservation) and 8pm-midnight (on-site hotel guests) slots on the same day so trying to figure what we try to do when. I know the characters aren’t M&G’s which is fine. We just want to see them and maybe have or observe some fun interactions if it happens. But in other park areas characters become scarce in the evening and at night so was wondering if that was the case in SWGE as well. Even wondering about the storm troopers and if they’re still out and about at night.

We were there on June 8 from 11-3. We saw lots of stormtroopers out and about and we saw Kylo Ren, but that was it. We didn't see any other characters walking around. I will say though that we spent almost 2 hours of our time in line for the droid building, so that could've been why we didn't see anyone else.

Anyone know if with those emails to add that they'll allow for repeat guests? I haven't gone yet and have for the 23rd, but I would love to have my brother and his gf with us when we go, although they already went.

Anyone know if with those emails to add that they'll allow for repeat guests? I haven't gone yet and have for the 23rd, but I would love to have my brother and his gf with us when we go, although they already went.
They don't restrict repeat guests at all.

Was so happy to receive the email today to add people to my reservation for next Saturday. My family decided to get Flex Passes when they went on sale and are very grateful that we don't have to ditch them while we go in. Hopefully others are benefiting from this also.

Was so happy to receive the email today to add people to my reservation for next Saturday. My family decided to get Flex Passes when they went on sale and are very grateful that we don't have to ditch them while we go in. Hopefully others are benefiting from this also.
Thats awesome! I hope you and your family have an amazing time :-)

I just got back from SWGE visit and had a 2nd trip planned at end of June (because I have to help my daughter move out of her apartment). We keep debating if it's worth it to go back AFTER SWGE opens without reservations. Thoughts? How bad does everyone think it will be?

Any reports of being able to change names on the reservation ahead of time? I know there have been reports of being able to do this at check-in.

I was there on June 8 and June 9 for mid-day reservations. They weren't checking IDs of every person in the party (like they were opening weekend) both times we checked-in. They didn't even check the primary reservation holders ID... all they did was scan the QR code and give us wristbands. We went up to the upper level of Launch Bay to watch from overhead to see if this was the case for everyone else checking in and it was. That coupled with the ability to add people makes it appear that they have really lightened up on the policies they had previously announced. Not sure if this is still the case or if people have had different experiences, but that was only a week ago, so it may still be the same.

I bought Rey’s shirt and vest from The Last Jedi. Also the Jedi belt. They are all excellent quality. Rey’s vest has a good amount of weight on it. The belt is leather and well designed so it fits different sizes (there is Velcro, but then a leather sleeve which you can pull over the Velcro part. I happened to visit with a guy who is a tailor and he was impressed at the quality of all of the items (he did a deeper examination so he could copy the design of the belt for the future)!
View attachment 409048

I want this really bad, tbh. Do you mind me asking how much this set you back?

I've seen all characters during the day time slots. I've only seen Chewbacca during the 8-midnight slot.

I was there 8-12M, and only saw Chewbacca.
I was there the next day 2-6P, and saw Chewbacca and strom troopers.

ERQ

Does anyone know if how many guest can be added to a reservation? Also if this can be done the same day while in the park? Thanks!

Does anyone know if how many guest can be added to a reservation? Also if this can be done the same day while in the park? Thanks!

Ymmv. But Disney magic. They have an area for reservation. Changes. Onsite.

I was able to add 3 people to my reservation with the sad story they just showed up to join us.

I was there 11-3 last Saturday. From what I observed, Chewie and Rey hang out towards the Rise of the Resistance ride, nearer the Critter Country entrance. Storm Troopers stay in "town" and Kylo Ren makes periodic appearances near his ship.

Any reports of being able to change names on the reservation ahead of time? I know there have been reports of being able to do this at check-in.
The CM on the phone said the I can change the guest names by phone up to the day before my reservation and day of at check in.

Ymmv. But Disney magic. They have an area for reservation. Changes. Onsite.
I was able to add 3 people to my reservation with the sad story they just showed up to join us.
So how many people did you have on your reservation total when you checked in? 6 or more than 6?

The CM on the phone said the I can change the guest names by phone up to the day before my reservation and day of at check in.

So how many people did you have on your reservation total when you checked in? 6 or more than 6?

Ok I’m going to tell you my story.
Our reservation. Had 3. Me , wife and daughter

Son was visiting and went to DL with us we went early to try and get him added to the reservation. Disney magic. Sure no problem

Cousin and her daughter heard the family was at DL and came to visit since my son I la visiting from New York. WhAt the heck let’s go see if we can add 2 more people. Sure. No problem

Disney Magic. 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!