D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I was clueless! LOL :rolleyes1 So it sounds like it will be a free for all until they say it reached capacity -- does anyone know what capacity is? Is it 2x, 3x, 5x, or 10x more than they are currently letting in using the reservation system? And if the cantina reservation is done in 5-10 minutes now, who knows how fast it will go for entire day?

But the CM said it was only available at the kiosk only. No MaxPass. But I hope it can be done through the App, who wants to keep checking a monitor?

Thanks for clarification.

I don't think the current system for Oga's (or Savi's) is viable after June 23rd when you don't have the 4 hour windows any more. I would not be surprised if they already have another plan, we just won't find out what it is until Monday. It seems like they'll have to go to reservations at some point?

I've seen speculation but I don't think we really know what they consider "capacity" for the land relative to the reservation period.

I don't think the current system for Oga's (or Savi's) is viable after June 23rd when you don't have the 4 hour windows any more. I would not be surprised if they already have another plan, we just won't find out what it is until Monday. It seems like they'll have to go to reservations at some point?

I've seen speculation but I don't think we really know what they consider "capacity" for the land relative to the reservation period.

Ahh, the waiting to see. Patience has never been my virtue. 😉

I just don't know what to make of my phone call to DL Resort reservations. I believe I am receiving the notorious misinformation, but I am sharing just in case someone has any accurate info.

Here's the story:

First, called to inquire about military room rate discount. CM informed that NO discounts to rooms are being given for July, including employee and Visa card discounts. But, she proceeded to tell me they still have A TON of rooms still available in the time frame I wanted to go (mid July). She then said keep calling back because they may open discounts at some point. I really like my deep discounted room, I'll keep calling. It's a pain, but worth it. Sorry to the CM's who will have to look daily for no discount. What can I say, I am cheap. lol

Second, she stated that getting into SWGE will be through a kiosk station starting June 24th to manage crowds. What the what?! I have tried to research and find out if it is true to no avail. It would make sense to hold back JUMBO crowds, but is she still confusing the reservation system until the 23rd with the 24th massive opening? Her way seems like it would make sense. But if they are advertising NO RESERVATIONS required to gain access, I can see some very angry guests if the kiosk runs out of time slots.

I am so curious to see if anything she said was accurate. Personally, I would like the kiosk system. I was at Pandora a week after opening and it was just so thick with people ... and Avatar popularity is a minute fraction compared to Star Wars.

This is what Disney published back on May 28: EAC967DA-D4A3-4514-87D7-4B210253F828.png

I just don't know what to make of my phone call to DL Resort reservations. I believe I am receiving the notorious misinformation, but I am sharing just in case someone has any accurate info.

Here's the story:

First, called to inquire about military room rate discount. CM informed that NO discounts to rooms are being given for July, including employee and Visa card discounts. But, she proceeded to tell me they still have A TON of rooms still available in the time frame I wanted to go (mid July). She then said keep calling back because they may open discounts at some point. I really like my deep discounted room, I'll keep calling. It's a pain, but worth it. Sorry to the CM's who will have to look daily for no discount. What can I say, I am cheap. lol

I booked a room at the DLH with a military discount 2 weeks ago for June 30th through the 4th. The discount was available at all 3 hotels, with most of the room categories still available. Only the Paradise Pier didn't have standard rooms at the discount. I'd call again and talk to someone else.

We just got back home from our weekend at DLR and our one and only 4-hour SWGE 11-3 reservation on Friday, 6/14. A cast member told me that capacity was 6,000 and that reservations were around 3,000. This makes sense, so that during the one hour reservation overlaps, if no one from the first group left, there would be a maximum of 6,000 people.

Our group of 4 had a nice time. Loved the theming and cast members staying in character. Oga's drinks and service were not worth the money, but the atmosphere was nice to look at. I would almost get the reservation and then go in to look around and then leave, ha ha. Kids wanted to build droids, but the wait was too long. Now that I am home, I see that they start at $99.99, so I guess we dodged an expensive bullet :flower:. I wish I would have had more time to look at merchandise and buy something like a t-shirt or lanyard, but we left after 3 hours, 20 minutes because the kids wanted normal park food. Waited for Chewbacca, but he didn't show up during the time we hung out to look for him. Looking forward to visiting again!

For Oga's are they still letting one person sign up? Can't remember if I read either on here or Facebook that someone had to have their whole party when putting their names down. We were planning to divide and conquer. Me put our names down for the Cantina, and my aunt get to Droid depot first before the wait gets too crazy. Is this still doable?

It seems like the reports I’ve read where people needed their whole party for the line at Oga’s were those who ended up being in the very first group and were therefore going to be taken inside basically right away.
So say I make it for the first group for 11am reservation period, would we need to be together. Or would there be a wait since it isn't the first time slot of the day?

So say I make it for the first group for 11am reservation period, would we need to be together. Or would there be a wait since it isn't the first time slot of the day?

I think it’s mostly for the 8am group since it’s a function of that first group to fill up the Cantina but hopefully others will chime in. Perhaps there could be a few parties getting admitted right away in each reservation window?

We are also in the 11am group (and 8pm) later this week so I’m interested to know too. We plan to try for the Cantina at our 11am slot and try again at 8pm if we don’t get in.

I think it’s mostly for the 8am group since it’s a function of that first group to fill up the Cantina but hopefully others will chime in. Perhaps there could be a few parties getting admitted right away in each reservation window?

We are also in the 11am group (and 8pm) later this week so I’m interested to know too. We plan to try for the Cantina at our 11am slot and try again at 8pm if we don’t get in.
Ok let us know how the 11am system goes!

I was in the 11am group on Saturday and within the first 10-15 people in line and don’t recall anyone getting seated right away. In fact, the line to get into Ogas after you had received your text to come back was still quite long from the 8am group. I’m pretty sure they just took everyone’s phone number for the 11am group. They were very adamant that only one person needed to be in line for your party.

If you are not in the front of the line for Oga's you do NOT need your whole party there. I was very far back and they were telling people to only have one person in line. In fact, they were coming up to each person and asking if they had more than one person waiting, and would ask the others to leave to speed up the line.

I booked a room at the DLH with a military discount 2 weeks ago for June 30th through the 4th. The discount was available at all 3 hotels, with most of the room categories still available. Only the Paradise Pier didn't have standard rooms at the discount. I'd call again and talk to someone else.

Thanks! I’ll keep calling. I called twice yesterday, the first CM shut me down immediately and said no discounts. Offered to look up rack rates, but I can see that on my computer. The second CM who shared the SWGE info, tried to find a discount, but came up empty. She was the one to say, keep calling. Hopefully I’ll get one. Considering all 3 hotels have all room types open, I may get lucky. Why let rooms sit empty!

Thanks! I’ll keep calling. I called twice yesterday, the first CM shut me down immediately and said no discounts. Offered to look up rack rates, but I can see that on my computer. The second CM who shared the SWGE info, tried to find a discount, but came up empty. She was the one to say, keep calling. Hopefully I’ll get one. Considering all 3 hotels have all room types open, I may get lucky. Why let rooms sit empty!

It's very interesting that they're charging a premium for hotel rooms with no discounts, with no benefit to access Galaxy's Edge after the 23rd. Especially, given their availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter