D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two and use them with the kids for several fights mabye 10ish minutes. Now I dont slam them on the ground or take full baseball swings or have the kids use them in their everyday fights. But if the blade breaks its only $30 ish dollars to repleace. I have accidently dropped the hilt on the ground a couple of times and seems no worse for wear.

Thanks for the info. Do the lightsabers have any special light effects or sounds when dueling/contacting other sabers??

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear it's not absolutely insane, tbh, as I'm keeping tabs on this thread. Makes me hopeful I can go to DLR at our usual time of year, next February.

Am I reading posts correctly in that the reservations for Oga's and Savi's open at 7am, but you can jump in a virtual queue prior to that for the reservation?

You get what you get and can trade cards after they are handed out. The CMs don't acquiesce to requests. They hand the cards out in the order Pilot, Pilot, Gunner, Gunner, Engineer, Engineer. If you want Pilot, RUN over when they call your group color so you will be in front.

I rode 4 times during my preview slot (3 as single rider). First two times I got engineer so 3rd time I politely asked if I could have something other than engineer (got pilot) and last time I asked for gunner and was given that. So you can definitely ask but YMMV if the cast member accepts requests. I will say that there is NOT a lot of time between entering the room and having the card given to you so plan the wording for your request really concisely and be prepared to do it quick!

The power went out and the bartenders led us on a chant to fix the hyperdrive! My favorite part was when DJ R3X rebooted, he quoted a bunch of lines from his Star Tours days.

They ran this bit while we were there too and I thought it was hysterical! "Light speed to Endor!!"

Shortly after his "reboot", DJ-R3X played the Mos Eisley Cantina song and we all loved that too!

I have two and use them with the kids for several fights mabye 10ish minutes. Now I dont slam them on the ground or take full baseball swings or have the kids use them in their everyday fights. But if the blade breaks its only $30 ish dollars to repleace. I have accidently dropped the hilt on the ground a couple of times and seems no worse for wear.
I would not do a heavy fight with these. The blades are $50 to replace, and you can buy them at Dok Ondar's. With a hard enough hit, they will crack. My son plays with his and swings it around, but does not let make contact with anything else. At 9, it depends on your kid. If he is the type that tends to play rough, I might wait, or at least explain to him the cost to fix and replace it. The quality on these is very good, but I don't think it was made to be wacked around a lot.

Has anyone actually been refused pilot when they asked? I’ve heard different things about whether or not you can ask for it. I definitely want to be pilot but I don’t want to ask somebody who got pilot to trade when they don’t want to.

so just a quick summery as this thread will move fast today

1. You could get in the virtual queue for Savis and Olgas from approx 6.30am
  2. At 7.00am the reservation system opened, with time slots morning, afternoon and evening
  3. You need to put the names of the people in the party
  4. Olgas reservations were all gone by approx 7.30am
  5. Virtual queue / Boarding groups for entrance into the land started at 8.20am, the park opened at 8am
It keeps autocorrecting to Olga!

DH just received a text from FedEx advising of a delivery tomorrow. We haven't ordered anything lately so checked the FedEx website. It's a FedEx envelope coming tomorrow - could it be our D23 tickets?!!

DH just received a text from FedEx advising of a delivery tomorrow. We haven't ordered anything lately so checked the FedEx website. It's a FedEx envelope coming tomorrow - could it be our D23 tickets?!!

My friend was asking if I had gotten any notification from FedEx because she had for something coming from Florida. Seems early but that would be cool if it's our passes.

Has anyone actually been refused pilot when they asked? I’ve heard different things about whether or not you can ask for it. I definitely want to be pilot but I don’t want to ask somebody who got pilot to trade when they don’t want to.

When I went, they randomly handed out the positions to the crew. The castmember stated very clearly that they were not taking requests and that it was up to the crew to trade spots amongst themselves. A lot of people want to be pilots, which could totally back up the entire process.

When I went, they randomly handed out the positions to the crew. The castmember stated very clearly that they were not taking requests and that it was up to the crew to trade spots amongst themselves. A lot of people want to be pilots, which could totally back up the entire process.

We got lucky and just our family of three was a crew unto ourselves. This was at about 9:00 a.m. on a Friday during the reservation period. My husband was the pilot, and my daughter and I were gunners. And that was just because she wanted to sit next to me instead of in the front. When we entered the ride, the cast member said it didn't matter where we sat. I'm sure we were some weird anomaly, though.

Is there rider switch for smugglers run? Hoping DD will ride the first time so we can all go as a family once (figure it might be DS’s best shot for pilot) but not sure she’d do it again. Obviously could go single rider. Just trying to plan ahead. Anyone know?

Is there rider switch for smugglers run? Hoping DD will ride the first time so we can all go as a family once (figure it might be DS’s best shot for pilot) but not sure she’d do it again. Obviously could go single rider. Just trying to plan ahead. Anyone know?

Just realized my brain fart...no FP, so no rider switch right? But if we all wait and get to the front, is there a switch option there? I don’t know the options if there’s no FP. Or no options?? :)

We got lucky and just our family of three was a crew unto ourselves. This was at about 9:00 a.m. on a Friday during the reservation period. My husband was the pilot, and my daughter and I were gunners. And that was just because she wanted to sit next to me instead of in the front. When we entered the ride, the cast member said it didn't matter where we sat. I'm sure we were some weird anomaly, though.
I was a single rider with a group of two yesterday morning. They assigned each of us to one of the three options first but when we boarded the cm let us move around to where we wanted to sit.

Just realized my brain fart...no FP, so no rider switch right? But if we all wait and get to the front, is there a switch option there? I don’t know the options if there’s no FP. Or no options?? :)

Rider switch is in use. The FP line is a already installed permanent line that is there for DAS returns and rider switch for now

The first time we went, we were a part of a crew with people we didn't know. One of the adults and their child were the pilots. My husband and I didn't care. The next time, I went with our own group of 6 and one person didn't want to be pilot, so they traded with another member our group. I can see it being a little awkward if there was a group of strangers and multiple people wanted to be the pilot. I'm betting that it might be pretty rare for someone to give up their pilot spot. I can also see why castmembers wouldn't want to spend their time figuring out who gets to sit where. Once you get to that point of the ride, things move pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter