D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In reading the email, the StagePass doesn't say it would include the main panels in Hall D23. It says it would include performances though. So I would expect that there will be lining up for the main panels (unless they suddenly implement a lottery system).

I used the StagePass at the 2017 Expo and it was only valid for certain sessions that were held in smaller venues. I see where the Advanced Online Reservation will only save you some time in having to go get in line for the StagePass, StorePass or TalentPass (which I didn't do at the last expo). For the StorePass line, I saw people lining up for a couple of hours just to get your return time for the specific store. So people were opting to stand in line for a "fastpass" instead of doing the "stand by line".

What will be interesting is to see if they limit people to the # of Passes they can get. With the StagePass, I could get it for a session in the morning and then come back closer to noon to get a pass for an afternoon session. I don't recall being able to have multiple StagePasses at a single time.

In reading the email, the StagePass doesn't say it would include the main panels in Hall D23.

Read the email again. It says hall d23
Advance Online Reservations: For the first time ever at D23 Expo, we are excited that guests with activated badges will be able to make advance reservations online for shopping times at select Disney retailers using StorePass; guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23, using StagePass; and reserved times to meet special luminaries and celebrities using our new TalentPass. More information will soon follow about how advance reservations will work, so stay tune

It does say performances, so who knows, but there is no hall d23 "performance" on Sunday like there has been in past years. I really hope the main panels are available

and what was highlighted "guaranteed entry to select session" is probably the key here. If they open this to all Hall D23 sessions, then great for people trying to get into them. Maybe with the issue they had at the last expo they may rethink some things. I guess we will see as it gets closer.

Received my D23 merch bundle on friday, so they are probably starting to send them out to everybody. I live within an hour of disneyland so got mine within a day of being notified that it had shipped. I did not recieve an email or anything from D23 notifying me, but I have a FedEx account that notifies me whenever packages matching my information are shipped. So start expecting them soon

20190721_162248.jpg

Craig mentioned on the last Disneyland podcast that the Dis team has changed their plans and will not be having a booth at the Expo. Was there an announcement as to why?

Craig mentioned on the last Disneyland podcast that the Dis team has changed their plans and will not be having a booth at the Expo. Was there an announcement as to why?
Not as many members of the team will be out there so they scaled back their plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter