D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone happens to pick up any promotional trading cards at the Expo, I'll gladly take them off your hands! :wave:

Disney released the expo app today!!!!!!!! Download it and start checking out the schedule

And I have a mean hunch that Disney will allow stagepasses to all hall d23 panels because of the following from the app
StagePass guarantees entry to sessions at Hall D23, the D23 Expo Arena, Stage 28, and the Walt Disney Archives Stage. Seating is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. StagePass tickets are not assigned to a specific seat. You may reserve up to two (2) StagePasses per day, and each reservation must be for a different stage. For Hall D23, arrive at least one (1) hour prior to the start of the session. For D23 Expo Arena, Stage 28, and Walt Disney Archives Stage, arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the session.

If it was only "performances" it would mean only 2 out of the 6 panels might fall under that category. Disney will probably let us know the final rundown on stagepass by next week considering reservations open up next Friday

Disney released the expo app today!!!!!!!! Download it and start checking out the schedule

And I have a mean hunch that Disney will allow stagepasses to all hall d23 panels because of the following from the app

If it was only "performances" it would mean only 2 out of the 6 panels might fall under that category. Disney will probably let us know the final rundown on stagepass by next week considering reservations open up next Friday

In the app, if you click on an event (panel or other) the description also notes whether StagePass, D23 Gold queue, etc. applies to that event. I haven’t looked at all the panels, but the ones I’m interested in do have StagePass!

In the app, if you click on an event (panel or other) the description also notes whether StagePass, D23 Gold queue, etc. applies to that event. I haven’t looked at all the panels, but the ones I’m interested in do have StagePass!

Now that you mention it, all Hall D23 panels have stagepass. Sweeet!!!!!! Hopefully I can score one for the movie panel and not have in line at midnight

One insider(?) from WDWMagic.com is saying the "secret" project to be announced at D23 is the Lighthouse resort
Only problem is that project isn’t really a secret. Also I haven’t read that yet over there but when you say resort are you saying they are building a resort on the island?

Only problem is that project isn’t really a secret. Also I haven’t read that yet over there but when you say resort are you saying they are building a resort on the island?
Answered my own question. Yes an actual resort on the island. That’s a really interesting concept to me. Logistically that’s not the easiest thing to do. People would have to get off on one cruise and get back on another. They don’t really have a commercial airport on the island I don’t think.

Answered my own question. Yes an actual resort on the island. That’s a really interesting concept to me. Logistically that’s not the easiest thing to do. People would have to get off on one cruise and get back on another. They don’t really have a commercial airport on the island I don’t think.
I’m so out of touch. Which island?

I would assume IF that is the announcement, they would cover how that transfer would work. Its a neat idea, I was on a disney cruise many, many moons ago(big red boat) and absolutely loved being on the Cay for the day. So peaceful and enjoyable. To have something similar with Resort, for extended stay.... :D

I will add the other leading rumor is the Contemporary being re-IPed into an incredibles resort - which I find totally unbelievable...

I will add the other leading rumor is the Contemporary being re-IPed into an incredibles resort - which I find totally unbelievable...
Well there are test rooms currently. Someone else did mention that the rooms themselves are not completely Incredibles themed though so its more subtle than in your face.

Well there are test rooms currently. Someone else did mention that the rooms themselves are not completely Incredibles themed though so its more subtle than in your face.
Are you infering maybe a DVC art of animation resort make over?? Would they really mess with the contemporary that way?

This is what I think it will be as well. Like, another Aulani, similar to Atlantis on Nassau. Logistically it would be hard to get people there, but....not if they use a cruise ship. I think they will find a way to combine a cruise plus a multi day stay at a resort here. Or maybe it will just be a really elaborate "private beach" cruise stop on the level of Coco Cay, with a water park and pools and such. In any event, it sounds very likely that the "secret announcement" will be whatever this project ends up being.

Disney leased a new island for Disney Cruise line called Lighthouse Point. It’s a bit different than Castaway Cay though because there are people living on this island and they won’t have as much control on it compared to castaway cay. DCL has surveyed to guests how they would like a resort on a private island.

They didn't lease the whole island of Eluthera. It's a HUGE island. They were granted permission to develop the southernmost point, Lighthouse Point, kinda how like Royal Caribbean developed Labadee, which is part of Haiti. Currently, that part of the island is undeveloped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!